So we're going to work wearing the same thing? You know how awkward that gets, right?

Just wear a different jacket. Or be a different color.

We should all have 2001 masks. I myself IC have a purple kakama.

Imrukii, the gender restraint was always stupid. Only slight I have is Matoran being able to reproduce, but its just that, slight, and I got over it for the sake of enjoying the game.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

On a note completely unrelated to masks and whining, I was thinking of giving theme music to each episode as it comes out. You know, add a little bit of ambiance. What do you guys think? Would you be down?

Need me to source you some Paleowolf/Cryo Chamber? That guy makes excellent dark ambient droning.

Edited by Hyethut (Iaredios)

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

You know, I was going to ask to join, but I have decided against it. Seeing as it is full, but also if the game is not going to follow the G1 MU element-bound gender contraint than what is the point of playing if I am not immersed one-hundred percent as it was in 2001?

W O W. 

Okay. First up, this isn't about immersion. This is about creating a BZPGOT style game - a medieval fantasy story focusing on political struggles, betrayal, intrigue, and war - in a Mata Nui setting.

I made it very clear in the very first paragraph of this topic that I would be disregarding a lot of canon elements. 

In that very same paragraph, I also politely asked that people who had a problem with that go somewhere else, specifically so I wouldn't have to deal with situations like the one you've created here.

Yeah, Thanks for singling me out...

I just wish it followed strictly to canon.

So, I guess the argument is null, but my point in all is that if it is not one-hundred percent to the rules of the original lore which it is based off of, than there is no point to me personally playing. And me playing MNOG instead of this is not going to change anything, my opinion still is there.

Of the three games that have come before this, none of them have strictly followed the canon of their respective years. None of them have been anywhere close to adhering 100% to the rules of the original lore. Gen1 Bionicle is so full of retcons and contradictions that I'm not even entirely certain what it is you're wanting here. 

What I do have a problem with however is going against the grain of the original in-universe contraints, hence why I don't want to play. But for the rest of you, go on right ahead. I was just attempting to adress myself in the regards of the game. Nothing more, nothing less. Seeing as I had playing BZPBM I wanted to let it be known why I am not playing BZPMN. That is all.

You're not playing BZPMN because the game filled up several days before you first posted in this topic. There was no need for you to say anything further. Instead, you came into the topic, and whined about changes that were made to a decade old, heavily contradictory canon, in a game that had already started, a game you weren't even playing, despite the fact that I specifically asked in the very first paragraph of this topic that people not do that.

I know the early years are practically sacred to some people. I know some people don't like seeing their cherished childhood memories twisted and changed. But I acknowledged that. I explained the changes I was going to make, and I asked that everyone respect that, and go elsewhere if they were bothered by it. You are the only person who has been unable to do that. 

In spite of the excuses you're trying to make, I can't really see this is as anything else but a deliberate effort to bait people into a senseless argument. So I'm going to ask, politely, that you take yourself and your opinions out of my topic. If you don't want to play, that's fine. If you don't like the changes I've made to canon, that's fine. If you want to come back and read the episodes, that's also fine. But perpetuating this pointless debate any further is not fine. 

(It may also interest you to know that of the 20 players in this game, 8 of them have chosen to play as female characters). 

• Upvote 9

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

By the way, what masks are each of us wearing? I know it doesn't actually have any effect in-game, but it's nice knowing what we look like. At least, that's what I think.

Kaathe is wearing a tan mask of sensory aptitude

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

OK, so far, the responses to me giving episodes theme music have been positive.  But to make absolutely sure, I think I'll need Nato's OK.

I have no objections to music. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I have no objections to music. 

Wondrous.  Here, have this as the prologue's theme.

Edited by Scrubbish

How very original. I'm sure nobody would have thought of using the Game of Thrones theme as the theme of a Game of Thrones inspired series.

Edited by King ShadowVezon of Kamuk
  • Upvote 2

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

Out of curiousity, do we have a general body idea we are imagining for the matoran of bzpmn? I want to build a moc for Kaathe, hence why I am asking. Are we are short as the canon matoran, or more akin to Metru-nui or karda matoran/agori?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I've been picturing the Matoran as been a little more squishy/humanish. We've got at least one romantic couple already, and I've made mention of the existence of children, so they're capable of reproducing.

(I mostly did this because I know players who die have a habit of wanting to play their children in the sequel, and I do intend to make a sequel to this somewhere down the line, if all goes well). 

Edited by Nato the Not-Great Spirit
  • Upvote 3

I've been picturing the Matoran as been a little more squishy/humanish. We've got at least one romantic couple already, and I've made mention of the existence of children, so they're capable of reproducing.

(I mostly did this because I know players who die have a habit of wanting to play their children in the sequel, and I do intend to make a sequel to this somewhere down the line, if all goes well). 

So, like the Mask of Light Matoran?  They were kinda squishy.

By the way, what masks are each of us wearing? I know it doesn't actually have any effect in-game, but it's nice knowing what we look like. At least, that's what I think.

Also, Imrukii, you're probably the only one who misses the gender constraint.

Daenerys is wearing a clear white Kaukau.

She also has a interesting secondary color lime green.

She is prominently white but with line green accents.

It's kinda of a Easter egg to my past characters being from a jungle faction.

Honey can we have kids?

Edited by Chief TimeLord of Tesara

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Rhialtus is white and light gray, wearing a white longcoat lined with tan fur at the collar and cuffs.

Her Staff of Office is a giant arrow.

Honey can we have kids?

We can always adopt.

Or...
Two lesbian Ko-Matoran and there pet Gukko bird LordTime.

Don't forget my pet Hapaka... Jeff.

Rhialtus is white and light gray, wearing a white longcoat lined with tan fur at the collar and cuffs.

Her Staff of Office is a giant arrow.

Honey can we have kids?

We can always adopt.

Or...

Two lesbian Ko-Matoran and there pet Gukko bird LordTime.

Don't forget my pet Hapaka... Jeff.
Now we can't forget Jeff now.

But seriously I didn't know if you wanted one of us to have had a kid befor we met each other or just go with the adoption plan?

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Now we can't forget Jeff now.
But seriously I didn't know if you wanted one of us to have had a kid befor we met each other or just go with the adoption plan?

I think we should just go with the adoption plan.