Oh no, is my wife okay?!

Rhialtus you okay?

I'm fine, babe.  I'm a little peeved off, though, that you went and started a band when I told you that we had bigger Ruki to barbecue.

• Upvote 1

Anyone else just want to let me and Elittra rule you all already?

I sincerely doubt that you want Elittra to rule...

• Upvote 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Which alliance got ruined this time?

I just had an idea. And it is another reason why domes are cool.

Edited by Hyethut (Iaredios)

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Which alliance got ruined this time?

Technically none, seeing as TL didn't even give enough time for the alliance to actually be formed.

He tried to fire a crossbow at my face while shaking my hand.

Did he have a mini-crossbow like J.C. Denton? If it was a regular sized hunting one, I want to know how he did that steathfully without having some serious muscles and without the dart falling out if it was already primed and hidden away sideways.

As seems to be the norm in these games, my "allies" have completely screwed me over.

I should have done what I plan to do now long ago... except I shouldn't, there'd be no reason until this.

From my limited view (and lets leave it limited until the episode is done), it seems Timelord may have pushed you like he did Hyethut.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

Gonna give 0% probability that you mentioned your "wrist-mounted" crossbow prior to trying to kill someone with it.

Also, fairly certain miniature crossbows wouldn't have been able to hold enough tension before the invention of modern materials. Something that fits on your wrist well enough to be usable and not be extremely unwieldy would probably be able to generate so little potential energy before snapping (and hurting the wielder rather than the opponent) that it would be little better than a pea-shooter.

In a world where people are made partially of metal, worst you're gonna do is leave a nasty gash before bouncing off of their skull, or just bury half an inch of crossbow bolt in their chest. There's no way you can shrink the crossbow enough to be wrist-mountable without losing its usability.

Edit: AND ANOTHER THING! Projectiles are made lethal by accelerating them over a distance. In a miniature crossbow, that distance is many times shorter than a full-sized one. Not only would a miniature crossbow need to generate the same amount of force with a much smaller amount of material to hold that tension; it would need to generate much, much more, due to having a much shorter distance before the projectile leaves the weapon, and can't be further accelerated. This also means a much more rigid spring is needed, because the restoring force of a spring (that which pushes it back into its equilibrium/neutral position) is equal to the force required to compress it the same distance, and is given by F = kx, where x is the distance in question and k is the spring constant, which is how much a spring resists compression. You can see that to maintain a given force, halving the distance means doubling the spring constant. I expect this would also be difficult to procure in this (in-game) technological era.

- :burnmad:

Edited by The Scab of Ta-Koro
  • Upvote 3

The only thing that can stop a tyrant is another one. :evilgrin:

You aren't even a Tyrant... You forget that it was Scrubbish who was Leader. 

• Upvote 2

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Wrist-mounted crossbow?

That's not a thing. I'd have heard of it if it was.

they are a thing, actually, although I really doubt that Mata-Nui has the technology necessary to craft one
Deus Ex 1 has wrist-mounted crossbows, which is why I referenced it with mentioning its protagonist J.C. Denton, but that game is set in the future. You would need advanced-factory made microparts. The most Mata-Nui has is Steampunk tech.

And Timelord, if Burnmad is right, then this is the second time you attempted to pull a last minute saving grace from what I have seen, first was in Bara Magna when you were surrounded by that firefighter militia I made and you suddenly started talking about having a never before mentioned nor alluded secret order of bodyguards that would appear out of thin air at the call of an ancient password. :lol: C'mon man.

The only thing that can stop a tyrant is another one. :evilgrin:

You aren't even a Tyrant... You forget that it was Scrubbish who was Leader.
*sniff*

*sniff-sniff*

...is this a subtle overreaching of power I am detecting? Guess we'll find out later.

Edited by Hyethut (Iaredios)
  • Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I want to know how he did that steathfully without having some serious muscles

He did roll Strength before launching the attack. 

Gonna give 0% probability that you mentioned your "wrist-mounted" crossbow prior to trying to kill someone with it.

Surprisingly enough, he actually did. 

However, based on the limited description in TL's PM, I was under the impression that it was just a regular crossbow with a custom-built mount for attachment to his arm... not that it was miniaturised or downsized in any way. 

• Upvote 3

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

However, based on the limited description in TL's PM, I was under the impression that it was just a regular crossbow with a custom-built mount for attachment to his arm... not that it was miniaturised or downsized in any way.

You would be correct that it's a full sized crossbow on my arm. I knew a smaller model would have weaker effect.

I also learned my OOC lesson on pulling stuff out of thin air to just give my self an advantage. I made sure to mention it before using such a weapon.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

*Tries to remember if he's actually killed ANYONE yet in any of these game types*

I don't think I have... I've certainly instigated deaths, but never downright did it myself.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Well played then, bravo! :D

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png