Olkir Tournament

Pahrak Model ZX

This is the world of Olkir.

Your people are humanoids made of a special organic metal, and are divided into eight Tribes that each have their own specific island (with the exception of the seafaring Water Tribe).  Having discovered minerals infused with Elemental Energy, you have long used weapons capable of manipulating the Elements in certain ways, and have even learned to tap these weapons’ power in more unique ways through much training.  Now, even without becoming a Toa, you can wield the power of the elements.

You are one such warrior: a villager with an elemental weapon.  You have been invited to the Island of Rock to take part in a fighting competition.  There’s something shady about the affair, but you find a reason to go anyway.

Are you ready to fight?

Olkir is a new world I’ve been putting together recently.  A full primer on it is available here, but reading it is no way necessary in order to play this game—the basics above are enough.  I plan on doing something bigger with it in the future, but I felt an urge to start up another game, and this seemed like a great opportunity to let people get some experience with Olkir, so…here we are!

First things first, post here saying you want to join.  After that, you’ll need to PM me with the following information:
-Name: You could just leave this blank if you want, I can use your current display name.
-Tribe: The eight Tribes are Fire, Water, Ice, Metal, Jungle, Rock, Lightning, and Sun.
-Weapon: The elemental weapon you’ll be using to fight.  Come up with your own design, or choose from one of the Pre-Made Weapons listed below.
-Facet: More on this later.
-Play: Again, more on this later.

Pre-Made Weapons: There are some weapons that are widely used by certain Tribes, so it wouldn’t be out of the ordinary for you to just specialize in one of these.

-Sun Gun: Exactly what you’d expect.  There’s a bit of variety in what these firearms look like, but they all use lunapollonite to store massive amounts of sunlight which is then fired in concentrated blasts from the barrel.

-Morcian Swords: Blades made in the town of Morcia on the Island of Lightning.  Being made from ionalloy, they possess the ability to fire lightning bolts from their tips.

-Skrall Shields: Shields made from rockite, making them extremely resistant to damage, and extremely painful to get bashed over the head with.

-Viridian Bow: A green bow containing florate.  When you pull back on it, an arrow instantly materializes; many users develop Plays that modify the properties of the arrows formed.

-Grappling Hook: Consisting of a long chain with a hook made of mallaidro on the end, this weapon is immensely popular amongst the Water Tribe for its utility.  When the hook comes into contact with something, it melds to fit it perfectly, enabling the user to grab onto almost anything

-Vortixx Axe: The head of this battleaxe is made of nexidian, and when swung downwards, it temporarily greatly increases in density and weight, adding to the power of each swing.

-Storm Drones: Though a recent invention, these are a favorite weapon of the Ice Tribe since they prefer not to fight directly.  Usually coming in pairs, these small airborne devices have their own power source and a limited AI, enabling them to act independently and fire freeze blasts at their designated target.  They also have a voice recognition system to take orders from their owner at any time.

-Kardata: Not a weapon, but a school of martial arts practiced on the Island of Fire.  Though Kardata users are most often seen using volcanore weaponry, the tournament regulators have decided that possessing such a weapon in addition to the brute physical power of Kardata would be unfair, and thus any participating Kardata users will have to fight barehanded.  It means these warriors won’t be able to use Plays, but they don’t seem to mind too much.

-Disks: Throwing disks are considered a holy weapon for their association with the Elemental Gods, the Slizers.  Given that, it isn’t at all surprising that disks have been made from every elemineral.

(These weapons are each tied to a specific Element, save for Disks, and can only be used to power abilities for villagers belonging to the Tribe of that particular Element.  You could easily create equivalents tied to different Elements, however.)

Facets:

As villagers and Toa alike continued to use Elemental Powers, they came to realize that different people had varying affinities towards using the same Element in different ways.  These affinities are now referred to as Facets, and this increased understanding has led to much greater ease in the development of unique abilities.  Identified Facets include:

-Rock Facets:
--Igneous: Skilled in energy-based abilities
--Sedimentary: What they create is very difficult to destroy
--Metamorphic: Able to devise very creative abilities that don’t necessarily look like Rock-based powers

-Jungle Facets:
--Lily: Best at emulating specific types of plants
--Sakura: Excels in both healing and poisonous abilities
--Dandelion: While they can work with plant life, Dandelion Facets usually develop Plays related to animals rather than plants

-Lightning Facets:
--Stratus: Good at compacting and reinforcing their energy, making them skilled at materialization abilities
--Cirrus: Good at controlling the direction of their attacks, very precise
--Cumulus: Good at storing and unleashing power, resulting in very heavy attacks

-Fire Facets:
--Fahrenheit: Specializes in explosions
--Celsius: Excels at control, making it easy to create localized attacks and weapons
--Kelvin: Produces fire that burns much hotter, achieving white and blue flames more easily than other Facets

-Water Facets:
--Atlantic: Does their best when focusing on offense
--Pacific: Excels at defensive abilities

-Metal Facets:
--Noble: Excels at manipulation of metal
--Precious: Better able to produce metal with unique qualities
--Heavy: Able to quickly produce extremely solid constructs

-Ice Facets:
--Arctic: Specializes in abstract abilities, like manipulating cold and using blasts of freezing energy.  Those with this Facet tend to focus on studying the future over the past.
--Antarctic: Specializes in concrete abilities, like constructions made of ice.  Antarctic Facets tend to study the past more than the future.

-Sun is a unique case.  While it does technically have Facets (Sunlight, Moonlight, and Starlight), they function differently in that all Sun-users can easily become proficient in all three.  However, due to a combination of the tournament being held during the day, and Moonlight and Starlight granting rather specific abilities, only Sunlight Faceted abilities are permitted to be used.

Plays:

Once an Element-user discovers their Facet, they can then apply their Imagination to their power, molding it into nearly any form they can think of.  The resulting ability is what is called a Play.  For villagers, their lack of proficiency with Elements makes this process more difficult than it would be for a Toa, so a villager typically focuses on developing one specific Play that becomes their trademark.  Plays can range from simple to extravagant, all depending on the Imagination of the user and if they can conceive a way to tie it back to their original Element through their Facet.  It is unknown just what limits, if any, exist on what a Play can be, though it has been noted that more powerful Plays have larger weaknesses—nature always seeks to maintain balance, and even the most powerful Imagination cannot escape this fact.  However, some very skilled warriors have found ways to turn their Play’s weakness into an advantage…

(Something to keep in mind: since villagers cannot naturally produce an Element, all Plays are reliant upon the user’s weapon.  If you can disarm your opponent, you’ll have a very good chance of victory.  Also, because of this same reason, if you choose to use Kardata as your “weapon”, you will not be able to develop/use a Play.)

Example Plays: To give you an idea of what sort of powers you can come up with

-Horizon Quill: Sunlight Faceted Sun Play.  The user shoots a beam from their sun gun and “draws” a line, usually on a solid surface.  After a short delay, a great amount of Sun energy rushes either up or down from that spot, sweeping away the target and causing damage.

-Viridian Forest: Lily Faceted Jungle Play.  Used in conjunction with the Viridian Bow—a very broad Play that enables the user to create arrows with the properties of any plant they know of, though it takes a bit longer than similar Plays that turn Viridian arrows into just one type of plant.

-Astral Blades: Stratus Faceted Lightning Play.  Eight lightning bolts strike in a circle around the user and form into tangible blades that the user can wield.  Anyone else who touches these weapons is shocked.  The user can call a blade through the air directly to their hand, though they must not use this ability on the same blade two times in a row.

So basically, design or pick a weapon, and then come up with an ability.  If I have concerns about either I may request you make alterations, but don’t worry too much: flashy abilities will make this a lot more fun for me too, so who knows how strict I’ll actually be. (Though obviously, if you’re a Metal-user you won’t be allowed to have a Play that manipulates your opponent’s metal skin or weapons.  That’s one I want to get out of the way right now.)

With that, we finally move on to gameplay!  After signups close and everyone’s profiles are settled, I’ll start using an RNG to determine match-ups, and you will then have 48 hours to PM me a basic strategy for how you want to approach your fight.  The first round will probably be the most difficult—I will add the character profiles to the first post, but I’ll only be listing the Facets and names of Plays, not their extended description, so it’ll take more guesswork.  From then on, however, you’ll be able to examine your opponent’s past fights and make deductions about their ability’s strengths and weaknesses, and figure out how to exploit those with your own Play.  Once I’ve got all the strategies, I’ll judge who will be the victor of each match and write up scenes, and then we move on to the next round and do it all over again.

To avoid any confusion, this is not an elimination tournament.  If you lose, you’ll still get an opponent next round unless we have an odd number of players, so don’t go anywhere!  The champion is whoever accumulates a certain number of wins first, though that number will be determined once I see how many players we end up with. (If multiple people reach the goal at the same time, then they’ll fight for the title, and if it’s more than 2 players that will be an elimination bracket.)

One more thing: the organizers have acquired a few Masks of Power, and will be handing them out to players under certain conditions.  Each round a set number of matches will be selected randomly, and the one who loses that match will receive a Mask to use for the rest of the tournament.  The number per round will be determined when I see how many players we have.  To prevent anyone from throwing their match to get a Mask, which matches have a Mask on the line will not be revealed until they have concluded.  A player can refuse a Mask if they so wish, and if they do, that Mask will be offered again the next round in addition to the new Masks that will be offered.  Should a player acquire multiple Masks of Power, they can still only use 1 in a fight, and must state which in their strategy.  Masks of Power will be listed in the profiles as they are handed out.

I hope you enjoy this look into the world of Olkir.  Or, if that doesn’t interest you, you can just ignore that context and take this at face value: a contest of who can come up with the best superpower and use it to beat everyone else.  Also, if this setup seems intimidating but you’d still like to keep an eye on the game, I was considering taking an extra judge or two if anyone was interested.

I believe that covers it!  Signups will be open until Monday, September 25th at 2 PM ET (4 days from now)!

Players:

Kuan

Tribe: Fire

Weapon: Tyrant's Familiar

Facet: Kelvin

Play: Flame Wave

3 wins

Trijhak

Tribe: Rock

Weapon: Crystal Bow

Facet: Metamorphic

Play: Crystallised Artillery

Mask of Huna

3 wins

Scrubbish

Tribe: Metal

Weapon: Thunderdome

Facet: Noble

Play: Metal Wave

Mask of Pakari

2 wins

Nato

Tribe: Lightning

Weapon: Baleful Sky

Facet; Cirrus

Play: Bolt From the Blue

4 wins

Champion!

Smoke Monster

Tribe: Metal
Weapon: Nexidian Sword

Facet: Heavy

Play: Giant Metal Wall

Mask of Kualsi

2 wins

TimeLord

Tribe: Jungle

Weapon: Viridian Bow

Facet: Dandelion

Play: Floral Fauna

Mask of Crast

1 win

Scenes:

-Introduction

-Round 1

-Round 2

-Round 3

-Round 4

-Round 5

Edited by Ul-Pahrak
  • Upvote 1

This sounds interesting. 

Lightning, please. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

The thought process this arose from did start with Technic Coliseum/Warzone/Tournament, but being compared to Bionifight is by no means a bad thing so I'll definitely take the compliment.

Well BIOFIGHT is really the only game I've played that feels similar to what you have here. It's looks cool.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Signups closed, the game begins!

A warrior of Fire.  One of Rock.  Two of Metal.  One of Lightning.  One of Jungle.

The six of you walk quietly across an open plain, led by a tan Rock villager calling himself “the Organizer”.  You hadn’t really been sure what to expect from this tournament you had heard about, but it seemed like an interesting way to pass the time, and now that you saw your potential opponents you couldn’t help but get a little excited.

The Organizer thanks you for taking part in the tournament.  He claims that while it may be a bit small, his group is hoping to host a much larger affair in the future, and that this small start you’ve given them will be essential in making that happen.  Beyond that, he doesn’t say much.

Soon you arrive at what looks to be a small military compound, its high fence enclosing only three buildings and leaving a lot of open space amidst them.  The Organizer ushers you inside the perimeter and points to the buildings in sequence: the barracks, where you’ll all be staying; the mess hall, where food will be provided; and what he refers to as the lobby, where you can longue and peruse a small collection of reading material and the registry of fighters.  You pass several busts lining paths and doorframes—actually, now that you look more closely, rather than a bust it appears to be a carving of a shark.  How odd.

“It’s getting late, so I’ll leave you for now,” the Organizer says at last.  “Tomorrow will begin the first round of matches, and I encourage you to fight your best!  Don’t worry about damaging the ring: an associate of mine has a Play that will keep it pristine no matter what damage you cause.  Oh, and of course, we won’t tolerate any violence outside of the ring.  Do show your fellows some courtesy.”

With that, the Organizer disappears, leaving you all to prepare for you matches the next day.

FIRST ROUND MATCH-UPS:

-Trijhak vs Smoke Monster

-Scrubbish vs Kuan

-TimeLord vs Nato

You all have 48 hours to PM me a basic strategy, and I’ll start writing up the fights.

The goal for the Championship is set at 4 wins!

• Upvote 2

Well, this should be... electrifying. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

ROUND 1

The combatants emerged the next morning to find the Organizer and several other villagers standing near the edge of the compound.  The lines of an arena were drawn in the sand there, and as they came closer, they were motioned to stand to one side.  A Sun villager stepped to the front of the group, drawing a sun gun, while the Organizer walked a few steps farther and turned to face everyone.

“I hope you all slept well,” the Organizer began.  “It is time to start our little tournament!  While spectating, please do stay right where you are—we can’t guarantee that no attacks will fly wide, but we can guarantee that my associate’s Mirage Veil can keep you safe if they do.  Now then! “

Trijhak and Smoke Monster were first.  After they both stepped into the arena, the Sun villager’s gun started to glow, and the spectators found a slight distortion in their view of the match, a wavering like what one would see in intense heat.  The two fighters readied their weapons, and the Organizer cleared his throat.

“Begin!”

Trijhak pulled back on his bow, causing an arrow of crystal to materialize in its string.  Immediately, Smoke Monster threw one hand up, and a wall of metal appeared directly in front of him.  Anticipating this, Trijhak angled his bow upward and fired—the arrow began to glow as it left his weapon, and it arced over the wall before falling back down and bursting right next to Smoke.  The Metal warrior was surprised and lost his footing for a moment.  More arrows soon came raining down, but he was able to stumble out around the wall soon enough and fixed his eyes on Trijhak.  A regular arrow grazed his arm as he did.  Trijhak went to maneuver away, but found a metal wall directly in his path and slammed into it.  Smoke leveled his sword and started firing energy blasts from it, dealing several blows before Trijhak was able to retaliate with an arrow.  Smoke materialized another wall before himself to block more arrows, but it was seconds before more started to come down from above, and by the time he stepped out he had already lost track of Trijhak’s movements.  An arrow struck his hands, knocking away his blade.  The next bolt zipped right past his head.

Trijhak wins!

The spectators ducked as the arrow flew their way—but the moment it made contact with Mirage Veil, it disappeared into wisps of smoke.  The fighters cleared the way while others cleared the metal walls, and the Organizer gestured to Scrubbish and Kuan to take the field.

“Begin!”

Both combatants swung their weapons downward.  A wave of flame surged forth from Kuan’s sword, while Srubbish’s hammer hit the ground, and a long fault appeared from where it struck.  Metal spikes quickly grew out from the fault, absorbing the fire and striking Kuan as he charged forward.  The Fire warrior was more careful to avoid the next set of spikes and hurled another flame wave, giving him an opportunity to get closer.  Recovering quickly, Scrubbish grabbed his hammer by the chain on its end and waited.  Kuan hurled another flame wave, so Scrubbish ducked and swung his hammer out, using it to bash Kuan up against the nearby spikes.  Kuan avoided the next swing, singed Scrubbish again, and then finally closed the distance; Scrubbish did his best to punch his foe back, but Kuan’s flaming sword was swung with such viciousness that it was hard to endure for long.

Kuan wins!

This time another Rock villager approached the arena, setting his hands on its edge and closing his eyes.  Slowly, the arena began to revert back to its former state, with no faults, metal spikes, or scorch marks.

“I knew your Set in Stone Play would come in handy,” the Organizer commented.  Turning to Scrubbish, he produced an octagonal mask.  “This is the Mask of Pakari, which can increase your physical strength for a limited time.  It’s yours if you want it.”

Leaving Scrubbish to consider the offer, the Organizer directed TimeLord and Nato to take the field.

“Begin!”

Vines reached out from TimeLord’s bow, knotting together into the form of a large stag that TimeLord promptly hopped upon.  He took aim at Nato, who was using his sickle chain to strike the ground at random, and fired as he urged the stag forward.  The first arrow hit, but soon bolts of lightning began to rain down, each striking exactly where Nato had hit the ground, and the Lightning villager was now on the run, continuing to hit the ground as he went.  The lightning interfered with TimeLord’s ability to aim, but he was able to land a few more hits as he fired madly.  When the stag stopped to turn, Nato was able to close the gap (taking a few more hits in the process).  He threw his chain, trying to entangle TimeLord’s bow—the Jungle warrior was barely able to maintain his grip, but then Nato reeled himself in and pressed his sickle against his throat.  Another lightning bolt struck just to their side for emphasis.

Nato wins!

“An excellent first round!” the Organizer congratulated, applauding.  “Well-fought by all!  Now that you’ve all got some idea of who your opponents are, I can’t wait to see what you devise in the next round!”

SECOND ROUND MATCH-UPS:

-Nato vs Smoke Monster

-Kuan vs Trijhak

-Srubbish vs TimeLord

You have 48 hours to PM a strategy!  Scrubbish also needs to accept or decline the Mask of Pakari by then.

ROUND 2

The combatants eagerly approached the arena the next day  Scrubbish spoke to the Organizer first, deciding to accept the Mask of Pakari, and then went to stand behind the Mirage Veil with the others.  Nato and Smoke Monster were up first.

“Begin!”

Immediately, both began hurling ranged attacks at each other—energy blasts shot forth from Smoke’s sword while Nato hurled lightning bolts from his own weapon.  Both were taking damage, but Nato’s Cirrus Facet helped him land a few more, and he charged forward in the hopes of pressing his advantage.  However, upon moving to dodge a blast he discovered a metal wall appearing right in front of him.  His momentum worked against him and he bounced off the barrier.  Smoke was quick to shoot him while he was down, but Nato soon rolled back to his feet and returned fire, though he proceeded more cautiously this time.  Still, more walls kept popping up when he least expected, and avoiding them without taking damage proved progressively more difficult.  It was a close fight, but it ultimately ended with Nato being shot down as he tried to jump over one of the walls.

“Smoke Monster wins!”

Once the field was cleared, Kuan and Trijhak were up next.

“Begin!”

Kuan circled around his opponent, hurling one flame wave after another.  Trijhak fired his bow, but rather than shooting an arrow, it released a small crystal that started to orbit around him; it followed him into the air when he jumped, and then shot out and detonated when it came close to Kuan.  Trijhak fired a proper arrow when he landed, getting a solid hit, but more flame waves were almost on him.  He tried to create more of the orbiting crystals, but the flame waves were coming too fast for them to prove all that useful.  He managed to get a few together by the time Kuan reached him and then lunged, letting the satellites batter his foe, but Kuan recovered quickly and retaliated with a flurry of strikes from his sword.

“Kuan wins!”

As Trijhak was leaving the arena, the Organizer gestured to him.  “The Mask of Huna is yours if you desire, warrior.  It renders you invisible when in use, but the moment you begin to attack, its effects will vanish.”

Trijhak went to consider the offer while the remaining fighters readied themselves.

“Begin!”

TimeLord stayed low as he watched his opponent.  It wasn’t long before Scurbbish unleashed Metal Wave, so he rolled out of the way and molded vines into a large hawk, which he rode into the sky.  TimeLord’s arrows rained down upon his foe, who tried to counter but found it difficult.  The metal spikes he called didn’t reach high enough until they were already past where TimeLord flew, and his hammer certainly couldn’t reach.  It was only a matter of time before Scrubbish collapsed, at which point TimeLord hopped down, landed with one foot on his opponent’s chest, and pointed an arrow at his head.

“TimeLord wins!”

The Organizer applauded as the arena was being restored.  “Wonderful, wonderful!  You all have such marvelous abilities!  Let’s not delay: here are your match-ups for the next round, study your opponent and begin concocting your strategies!”

THIRD ROUND MATCH-UPS:

-Kuan vs TimeLord

-Scrubbish vs Trijhak

-Nato vs Smoke Monster

You have 48 hours to PM a strategy, and Trijhak has that long to accept or decline the Mask of Huna.

Wait, am I supposed to be fighting Smoke Monster again? 

Wait, am I supposed to be fighting Smoke Monster again? 

All the players' names are randomized each round, and with so few players that is going to unfortunately lead to a bit of repetition.  If the RNG tries to make you two fight a third time next round I'll definitely reroll.

Okay, just wanted to check. 

ROUND 3

“What are those statues for?”

The Organizer turned, and after regarding the other curiously for a second he simply grinned.  “Oh, those are decorations used throughout our organization.  It would take some time to get into the full story.”

Not waiting for a follow-up question, he waves Kuan and TimeLord onto the field, and then calls out, “Begin!”

As usual, Kuan took immediately to hurling Flame Waves.  TimeLord was able to craft his hawk and get into the air, and once there he was able to much better avoid being singed by the assault.  But as he unleashed arrow after arrow, he found that Kuan was putting more effort into defense, and so a large part of the battle was the two dancing around each other’s shots as the spectators waited to see who would strike first.  Their skill was even, but in the end it came down to the details of their Plays.  Commanding his hawk took a lot of energy, and eventually TimeLord’s stamina started to dip, leading to a Flame Wave making contact.  A Kelvin Faceted flame is able to burn through vines rather quickly.  When TimeLord landed, Kuan bounded forward and hacked away the remains of the false animal, and then knocked TimeLord out with the flat of his blade.

“Kuan wins!”

“My my, Kuan, you’re having something of a lucky stroke.   Win next match and you’ll be our victor.  As for TimeLord, we have a Mask to offer you—the Mask of Crast, to be more precise.  You can use it to repel a target (in this case, your opponent), but be warned that repeated use will leave you feeling a bit drained.”

The combatants rotated, and the Organizer called, “Begin!”

Trijhak ran to the side, expecting Scrubbish to open with Metal Wave.  He didn’t.  Ripping the chain from his hammer, Scrubbish instead hurled the links of metal at his opponent and took full use of his Noble Facet, manipulating them to better entangle his foe and trip him up.  It was after that that a Metal Wave came at Trijhak head on, dealing quite a bit of damage.  Trijhak was able to break free and sent Artillery down on Scrubbish to distract him, and then engaged the Mask of Huna and disappeared from sight.  Scrubbish simply remained where he was.  When Trijhak reappeared, he was right next to Scrubbish, shooting an arrow at the hand he used to hold Thunderdome.  Scrubbish grip faltered, and he was unable to counterattack before Trijhak circled around him and put up his Artillery shield.  Distance was quickly put between the two.  Scrubbish threw another Metal Wave soon, and Trijhak moved to dodge, but the damage from earlier combined with Scrubbish Noble Faceted control made that difficult—his shield was all that kept him in the game.  He raised his bow as if to fire his Artillery, but then loosed a normal arrow.  But an arrow can’t stop a Metal Wave.

“An extremely close call, but…Scrubbish wins!”

While the field was being restored, the Organizer turned to Nato and Smoke Monster.  “Our first rematch!  Oh, I can hardly stand the wait!”

They were barely on the field before he called, “Begin!”

Having learned from the previous fight, Nato was more cautious in moving forward this time.  Smoke Monster provided himself cover fast enough that he only took one bolt of lightning.  The Metal warrior leaned out to get a good look at where his opponent was, but as soon as Nato saw him he shot a bolt of lightning guided by his Cirrus Facet.  Hurt but not out, Smoke summoned another wall, this one under Nato’s feet—and since the Lightning warrior was moving more cautiously, he wasn’t fast enough to avoid being thrown off balance.  Smoke used this opportunity to open fire, but Nato recovered quickly and returned fire, forcing him to hide behind his cover again.  It was a slow-moving match, and Smoke managed to trip Nato up a few more times, but eventually Nato got close enough to strike Smoke’s cover with his chain.  A Bolt From the Blue hit the wall next.  Smoke had to jump back to avoid being shocked, and that gave Nato the perfect chance to disarm him.

“Nato wins!”

“Simply riveting!” the Organizer said as he clapped.  “It seems tomorrow’s round just might be the last.  You’ll put on an extra spectacular show in your attempts to keep the festivities going, won’t you?”

FOURTH ROUND MATCH-UPS:

-Kuan vs Nato

-Scrubbish vs TimeLord

-Smoke Monster vs Trijhak

You have 48 hours to PM a strategy, and TimeLord must accept or decline the Mask of Crast by then as well.

If Kuan wins this round, he will have accumulated 4 wins and be named Champion.

Well, this is going to be an interesting bout.

I guess I'm the only thing standing between Kuan and total victory. 

GG Smoke.

Now, everyone, can we talk about these weird statues for a second? We're on the Island of Rock... why do I get the feeling that someone's going to get turned into an arena decoration by the end of this?

GG Smoke.

Now, everyone, can we talk about these weird statues for a second? We're on the Island of Rock... why do I get the feeling that someone's going to get turned into an arena decoration by the end of this?

I could just make my hawk and leave if someone pulls a stunt like that.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

That's what worries me. Either the statues are the winners, immortalised forever. Or the statues are the losers, and the winner's prize for victory is just the privilege of not being transformed into a garden ornament. 

ROUND 4

Kuan and Nato approached the field, but the Organizer stopped them.  “I think we’ll have you two go last, actually.  For dramatic tension.”

Neither seemed to like the idea, but they complied nonetheless, and instead it was Scrubbish and TimeLord who prepared for battle first.

“Begin!”

As TimeLord began forming a stag to ride, Scrubbish tried to interfere with his chain.  TimeLord had expected this, however, and used the Mask of Crast to repel to chain, allowing him to finish and mount his steed.  Arrows came at Scrubbish’s hands, but he threw up a Metal Wave anyway.  His opponent took some damage but the arrows kept coming.  Stepping forward, Scrubbish activated the Mask of Pakari and swung his hammer at the spikes generated by his Play: they splintered under his might and flew at TimeLord, the storm of tiny blades tearing at his skin and steed.  The next Metal Wave was a direct hit.  TimeLord managed to stick an arrow in Scrubbish’s arm, but another storm of shrapnel left him too dazed to continue the fight.

Scrubbish wins!”

“Excellent, excellent,” the Organizer mused.  “You both have much talent, and I suspect even more room to grow!  Now then, next?”

“Begin!”

Smoke Monster started hurling energy blasts at Trijhak, who appeared ready to return fire but instead started forming a shield.  Trijhak walked forward slowly, very slowly, keeping his shield up as he did—a few blasts slipped through the openings, but for the most part he was very well-protected.  Smoke called up a wall and moved it forward, hoping to sweep his foe away.  However, Heavy metal won’t move quickly, so Trijhak was easily able to scale the wall and use the higher ground to his advantage, raining a flurry of artillery down at his opponent.  He dropped down, rushed forward, and used up his shield to fire even more shots, and then he was gone.  Smoke Monster looked around, but when he saw Trijhak it was too late.

“Trijhak wins!”

“Ah, Smoke Monster, an offering: the Mask of Kualsi, if you wish to claim it.  You can use it to instantly move yourself to anywhere you can see, but be warned that it becomes a bit disorienting with successive use.”

All eyes then turned to Kuan and Nato.  Taking the field, both entered a battle stance, and the Organizer added an extra delay to let the anticipation build even further.

“Begin!”

Kuan put everything he had into one massive Flame Wave, and then charged in behind it.  Nato wasn’t able to completely avoid damage, but he was already moving, so that enabled him to avoid the worst of it.  Once he recovered, he started hurling lightning at Kuan’s face and hands; after several such blasts, Kuan found his grip on his sword faltering, and it was then that Nato used his sickle to cut Kuan across the face and make him drop it completely.  Seconds later, a bolt fell upon him.

Nato wins!”

“Ah, we have an upset!” the Organizer said.  “Most excellent.  Now Nato has just as much chance as Kuan does—oh, we may require overtime after all!  I can’t wait to see!”

FIFTH ROUND MATCH-UPS:

-Nato vs TimeLord

-Trijhak vs Kuan

-Smoke Monster vs Scrubbish

You have 48 hours to PM a strategy, and Smoke Monster must either accept or decline the Mask of Kualsi by then.

If Kuan or Nato wins, they will have accumulated 4 wins and be named champion.  If they both win, they will fight each other for the title.