Olkir Tournament

Pahrak Model ZX

My, you're all so paranoid about the statues. Perhaps I shouldn't have made such a big deal after all.

It be a cool plot twist for a story standpoint and be really cool. I just don't want my character used as the plot device.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

ROUND 5

The Organizer beckoned to Smoke Monster and Scrubbish.  “Would you two mind going first?  I think it would really help build the tension.”

“Begin!”

Smoke Monster began to hurl energy blasts, while Scrubbish just ran and waited.  Soon, Smoke Monster called up a wall before Scrubbish and tried to move it forward, but this was exactly what his opponent was waiting for: using his Noble Facet, he was able to wrest control of the wall away from Smoke Monster, and sent it back towards him.  Since the wall itself was still Heavy Faceted, it moved slowly enough that Smoke Monster was able to use the Mask of Kualsi to get away, and he battered Scrubbish with energy blasts while he was distracted.  Scrubbish seemed to focus solely upon manipulating Smoke’s walls, and while he did manage to get in several strong hits doing so, Smoke Monster’s mobility and range gave him an edge that slowly wore his foe down.

“Smoke Monster wins!”

Turning to the group, the Organizer said, “Perhaps next…Nato and TimeLord.”

“Begin!”

The arena erupted into a crossfire of arrows and lightning.  Nato charged headlong into this, while TimeLord tried using his Mask of Crast to repel the lightning, meeting with limited success.  An arrow zoomed past Nato’s shoulder as he raised his weapon—but as he moved to swing, he felt the sickle slip out of his hand.  The arrow in question had the foot of a hawk sprouting from it, and had grabbed hold of Nato’s weapon as it flew past...however, Nato still held the other end, and a quick tug on the chain was able to reclaim the first sickle.  The distraction allowed TimeLord to land several very effective hits, but not enough to bring Nato down.  The Lightning Tribe warrior used a blast to distract TimeLord, giving him a chance to strike the ground before him with a sickle, and then jumped back to avoid more arrows.  A bolt from above clipped TimeLord’s arm as he was about to fire, and then Nato used a bolt from his weapon to knock the Viridian Bow clear.

“Nato wins!”

“My my!” the Organizer said, applauding loudly.  “That enough victories to be named Champion!  However…”

All eyes turned to Kuan.

“How thrilling!  Should Kuan lose, Nato will be our Champion—but if Kuan wins, he and Nato will have one final match to determine the title!  I trust you’re ready?”

Kuan and Trijhak entered the arena without a word.

“Begin!”

Kuan began to fire Flame Wave after Flame Wave, all while attempting to circle around his opponent.  Trijhak fired rapidly, but not to attack—to form a shield, and continued to back away as he did so until he reached the edge of the arena.  Kuan moved to change directions, at which point Trijhak fired his artillery, activated his Huna, and vanished.  Unable to fully incinerate the incoming swarm of arrows, Kuan stopped and tried to get an idea of where his foe had gone.  He heard a familiar sound.  Whirling, he saw Trijhak creating a massive, spherical shield of crystals around himself, and hurled a Flame Wave as he once again tried to circle closer.  Trijhak continued to reinforce the shield until he suddenly fired it all at once, resulting in a wide spread that forced Kuan to stand still in order to brace himself, and fired a regular arrow in an attempt to knock the Tyrant’s Familiar from his hands.  It didn’t make it through the Flame Waves Kuan was defending himself with.  Trijhak went to building a shield once more, but it was forming more slowly under the onslaught of Kuan’s flames—yet, having taken damage while his opponent’s shield had kept him safe, his stamina was at a disadvantage.  When Trijhak let loose an enormous wave of artillery, Kuan tried to dodge but couldn’t, and this time his blade really was knocked from his grip.

“Trijhak wins!”

The Organizer approached Nato, and held his hand high.  “With four wins, Nato of the Lightning Tribe is our Champion!”

The others congratulated Nato, and the Organizer thanked them all for their magnificent displays—he assured them that he would be in contact with them the next time such a tournament was held, and allowed all who had earned Masks of Power to keep them (as well as handing a Mask of Felnas to Kuan before he left).

“Now then, Champion!” the Organizer said, spinning to face Nato.  “There’s something I would like to discuss with you.  Would you follow me please?”

Nato followed the Organizer, keeping a careful grip on Baleful Sky as they went—just in case.  They entered the longue and went to an office at the back of the building, and the Organizer sat down at a desk flanked by two more shark statues, withdrawing and flipping through a folder.

“I do adore watching spectacular fights, but…I must confess that this organization has greater goals in mind.  We have a grand dream, you see, but in order to make it happen, we will need to pass many dangerous obstacles, and I’m afraid we do not currently have the manpower.  But you!”

He smiled, pointing at Nato.

“A fierce warrior who fought past all opposition, someone unafraid to dive into the unknown and emerge victorious!  Why, you didn’t even need a single Mask of Power to do it!  Our organization could use someone such as yourself.  So tell me, Nato…”

The Organizer glanced at one of the statues, an odd, almost wistful look in his eye.

“I assume you’re heard the legend of the Great Shark Demon, Pridak?”

Thanks for playing, everyone—I hope you all had a great time!  Like I said before, I’m planning even bigger things with Olkir, so if you did enjoy this game, maybe you’d like to guest star in a future epic?  I’ve got a casting call on my blog you can look at if so.  If you’ve grown attached to the characters you’ve started building here, then you could flesh them out a bit more and submit them, or go in an entirely new direction: there are many more options for guest stars than were provided in this game, since certain restrictions were necessary for ease of gameplay.  Even if you don’t want to guest star, maybe I’ll see you when the epic starts up?  I’m hoping to make it a very good read!

• Upvote 3

Well, I must say, this was a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to seeing what else you decide to do with the Olkir concept in future, and I'll definitely be taking a look at that casting call. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar