• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

LEGO Announces Largest Batman Movie Set

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 16-July 01
  • 3,601 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 26 2017 - 07:41 AM

Today at the Time to Play Holiday Showcase in New York City LEGO is announcing their latest Direct To Consumer set: 70922 The Joker Manor. If you've seen The LEGO Batman Movie you should instantly recognize the part of the movie the set comes from, and with over three thousand pieces it does a good job capturing it while adding a lot of play value. Read on to learn more about this set and check out the hi-res images and full press release!

View the full article

#2 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Another Chir Brother

• 04-September 06
  • 6,584 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Sep 26 2017 - 09:34 AM

AMAZING! There is so much to love about this set! New roller coaster and fun-house mirror elements, minifigures of Robin's "Nightwing" costume, some of the disco outfits from the end credits, some brilliantly creative brick sculpting and lettering, callbacks to The LEGO Movie (the Wyldstyle crate) and the Palace Cinema set (the "Forever Sorting 2" DVD)… all at a fairly reasonable 7.2 cents per piece. I'm kind of glad I didn't go all-out collecting other LEGO Batman Movie sets because I feel like this one cries out much louder for a place in my collection. I look forward to seeing the designer video!

#3 Offline Basserman

Basserman
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Chugger of all that is Icy

• 03-October 08
  • 747 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 26 2017 - 09:39 AM

As far as I'm concerned this can over with the piles of other direct to consumer sets that don't seem worth it. This one is really huge and expensive too, and huge and expensive doesn't automatically mean good. I for one would much rather drop the extra 10 bucks and get Assembly Square.

#4 Offline xccj

xccj
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Senior Staff Mask Maker

• 17-January 03
  • 7,100 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Sep 26 2017 - 01:13 PM

This is great because A: It looks like a really awesome set, and finally introduces the concept of roller coasters to Lego, but B: I have no real desire to buy it. :D

:music:

#5 Online Takanuinuva

Takanuinuva
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 11-January 07
  • 719 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 26 2017 - 03:12 PM

All I have to say is

Please let Nightwing be in the CMF  :begging: Arkham Joker was after all. And I don't want that bat wing shoulder armor piece to be expensive.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

Even when things look there worst. And the shadow of evil is upon us. Remember that as long as we hope for the best. Light will appear and overcome the darkness.

Please check out my projects on Lego Ideas.9.gif
https://ideas.lego.c...kstein/projects

3DS Friend Code- 0216-0827-9119

#6 Offline You just lost the game

You just lost the game
  • Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 01-July 08
  • 1,461 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 26 2017 - 03:31 PM

As much as I love the look of this set, I'd have rather gotten a Riddler death-trap room/house. Joker stuff just gets so bland after a while.

Edited by You just lost the game, Sep 26 2017 - 03:33 PM.

67685335.jpg             

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users