Visorak display in Legoland California?

knux400

Hi, I'm very, very new here! I had made an account a while back, but I haven't posted before. I was visiting Legoland California, and was wearing a homemade Bionicle necklace (nothing special, just a Hau Nuva, Kaukau Nuva, and a Miru Nuva on a string). I decided to walk through the Factory Tour even though I'd seen it quite a few times before, and noticed one of the machines was broken and two attendants were fixing it. One of the attendants, Renate, noticed my necklace and asked about it. After talking for a few minutes, she took me into a back area and showed me some behind-the-scenes things, and let me take home a few bricks from the machine on display, as well as a very dusty, old-looking Roporak with bits of glue on it. It was in a small bin she kept under a chair alongside two or three other Bionicles (I can't recall which ones- I'm pretty sure Vakama Hordika was there, as well as one other Visorak). She told me the Roporak- as well as the other Bionicles- used to be on display, but it had since been taken down and was going to be recycled. Now I'm in the hotel room, and I've been Googling around for the past hour trying to find a picture of it on display, and I can't seem to get anything. Do you guys know of any Visorak sets that were on display anywhere in Legoland California? 

Oh, and just in case this seems fishy- I took a few pictures of the Roporak in question in the hotel room. They're crummy phone pictures, but I think they show it clearly enough. https://imgur.com/a/ViXJq

Edited by knux400
  • Upvote 2

Honestly I'm more interested in your necklace.

But it sounds like it was a store display or something. Maybe it was on display in a store, the display got taken down and put in storage, and was forgotten about... until now.

• Upvote 1

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

Update: I'm home from the trip now, and I just got done cleaning all the dust off of the model, which I've named Goopy. I'm going to leave the glue on partially due to it being difficult to remove and partially due to the glue adding a bit of value and character.

I'm also going to try and get in touch with Renate tomorrow and see if she knows any more about where Goopy came from.

Honestly I'm more interested in your necklace.

But it sounds like it was a store display or something. Maybe it was on display in a store, the display got taken down and put in storage, and was forgotten about... until now.

It really wasn't anything special, just a piece of string with the three masks attached to it using these. If you're really that interested in it, I can post a picture!

It really wasn't anything special, just a piece of string with the three masks attached to it using these. If you're really that interested in it, I can post a picture!

Hey, it still sounds noteworthy. It's not my area of expertise, that's for sure.

So, there's a relatively small amount of documentation on this, but these did turn up. I could be wrong, but I think that both are owned by BZP members; a fellow who goes by Crezdonn owns the Keelerak. As it were, I'd be pretty surprised if Goopy wasn't from that era. :P

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg