Why is umaraks mask orange in ekimus set?

Umarakthefan

To give the fans a recolor. That is the official explanation for why, if I recall correctly.

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

You can use that as a replacement for the "Mask of Ultimate Power" (I use it in that way).

The Protectors and Little Ekimu all have protector masks, so why not Umarak and MoUP?

Yep they should've included the MoUP in the destroyer set. I thought that the orange mask was a trace that ekimu would find. And what's the deal with the big Ekimu anyways he didn't do anything in the movie. He was almost defeated by a storm beast.

Edited by Makaru

I guess it was to fit in with the "one extra mask per set" thing (of which The Destroyer was exempt, as were the Protectors and Creatures). Either that, or it had some significance in the original 3 year story plan, but was cut when year 3 was cut and crammed into the last few moments of JTO.

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

I guess it was to fit in with the "one extra mask per set" thing (of which The Destroyer was exempt, as were the Protectors and Creatures). Either that, or it had some significance in the original 3 year story plan, but was cut when year 3 was cut and crammed into the last few moments of JTO.

:kakama:

To be totally fair, each of the mainline Protector kits came with a Skull Spider.

-Azani

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg