Lehvak Va's Krana

SilentMoon1808

Ooooook, this is really random. You know, guys? I think that Lego could have used another color instead of the dark grey.

If you noticed, they have used Krana colors already appeared as masks. So, let's list EVERY mask color:

Brown - NOT APPEARED

Tan - Pahrak Va

Burnt Orange - NOT APPEARED

Black - Nuhvok Va

Dark Grey - Actual Lehvak Va

Purple - Gahlok Va

Trans-Blue/Dark Blue - NOT APPEARED

Light Blue - Kohrak

Blue - Tahnok

Red - Lehvak

Orange - Gahlok

Yellow - Tahnok Va

Green - Pahrak

Lime - Nuhvok

Teal - NOT APPEARED

White - Kohrak Va

Light Grey - NOT APPEARED

Sand Blue - NOT APPEARED

Ok, so... Six colors aren't used, seven with the Dark Grey...

Dark Grey: Good choice for me, but there was a better one.

Burnt Orange/Sand Blue/Light Grey/Brown/Trans-Blue: To be honest, these colors don't really work with the air ambience... Maybe the brown for the logs...

So, of course, one color is available... The one that I probably find the best for the set...

TEAL.

Oh yes, teal. This color already appeared in Matoran Kongu and Tarakava. The could've done a lime Krana bag like Kohrak Va and Nuhvok Va (they have light grey and dark grey Krana bags because their krana were white and black) and used the Teal Krana. I'm already imaging those... THEY COULD HAVE BEEN REALLY COOL!

Do you prefer the Dark Grey? Or the teal? Or another color?

• Upvote 1

Teal automatically > every other choice, to be honest, though a solid brown Krana would also have been neat. I do agree however that the dark grey neither really fits the Air motif, nor is it really an appealing or interesting choice of color. 

:kakama:

• Upvote 1

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

I have an inordinate liking for Dark Grey, so I don't really mind it. :P But I agree, Teal would have been totally awesome and probably a much better fit. Nice theory, Shadow99!

Ty :P

Yeah, Teal is one of the best colors in the whole Bionicle series probably.

A teal Krana, with a purple one, would have been REALLY too good.

But that is how life works. lol

They could've also thought about a scheme:

Tahnok Va/Gahlok Va = Yellow and Purple (Tohunga colors)

Lehvak Va/Pahrak Va = Dark Grey and Tan (Toa second color)

Nuhvok Va/Kohrak Va = Black and White (Toa first color)

Teal would have been cool but by the time 2002 rolled around Lego decided that teal sucked and they didn't want to use it in Bionicle any more. At least purple lasted a bit longer.

IMO they should have given Nuhvok Va the grey Krana rather than black and then given Lehvak-Va a teal Krana.

Although to be fair, the Krana that the Bohrok-Va carry are supposed to represent dormant Krana, so it's completely understandable that they would be less vibrant than their counterparts in the regular Bohrok, and teal is a very vibrant colour.

Edited by Tarix819

Although to be fair, the Krana that the Bohrok-Va carry are supposed to represent dormant Krana, so it's completely understandable that they would be less vibrant than their counterparts in the regular Bohrok, and teal is a very vibrant colour.

Ah yes, however so is yellow (Tahnok Va). I do agree with the turquoise/teal choice. Especially good as it's similar to the Amazon/Jungle Slizer colour scheme (turquoise/teal and green), and I am just as big a fan of Throwbot/Slizers as I am Bionicle.

But I have one question. What storyline significance do these differently coloured krana have? I understand the bohrok-va carry extra krana for bohrok that have lost theirs, but what does this mean? Do the va krana change colour when placed in a bohrok? Do the va also communicate with the swarm via krana, and if so, do they become powerless once they hand theirs over?

Sorry for the little bit of irrelevance of my question. Main point: I agree with the teal/turquoise, but I suppose what's done is done. It's been 15 years.

My Brickshelf, my Tumblr (it's not as bad as it sounds)
Current collection:
2001: 
Matoro, Onepu, Maku, Onua, Pohatu, Tahu, Lewa
2002: Tahnok, Gahlok, Lehvak, Tahnok-Va, Kohrak-Va, Gahlok-Va, Pahrak-Va, Kopaka Nuva, Gali Nuva, Lewa Nuva
2003: Panrahk, Guurahk, Turahk, Kurahk
2004: Bordakh (X2), Rorzakh, Vorzakh, Matau, Whenua

2005: Oohnorak, Rahaga Iruini, Rahagah Norik
2006: Dalu, Velika, Vezok, Reidak, Vezon and Fenrakk

2007Dekar, Defilak, Morak, Takadox
2008: Gorast, Rockoh T3, Axalara T9
2009Tarduk, Skrall, Tarix, Malum, Gresh, Mata Nui, Vastus, Stronius, Tuma, Fero and Skirmix, Baranus V7, Kaxium V3, Cendox V1, Thornatus V9
2010: Tahu

2015: Kopaka, Pohatu, Lewa, Vizuna, Skull Basher

2016: Tahu
Throwbot/Slizer collection:
1999: Torch/Fire, Scuba/Sub, Ski/Ice, Turbo/City, Amazon/Jungle, Granite/Rock, Electro/Energy, Jet/Judge
2000: Blaster, Millennium/Millennia, Flare, Spark

Star Wars Collectible Figures: Death Trooper, Sergeant Jyn Erso, K-2SO, Baze Malbus

I also have the Onyx Roborider and Jimi Stinger froBreakout.

Ah yes, however so is yellow (Tahnok Va). I do agree with the turquoise/teal choice. Especially good as it's similar to the Amazon/Jungle Slizer colour scheme (turquoise/teal and green), and I am just as big a fan of Throwbot/Slizers as I am Bionicle.

But I have one question. What storyline significance do these differently coloured krana have? I understand the bohrok-va carry extra krana for bohrok that have lost theirs, but what does this mean? Do the va krana change colour when placed in a bohrok? Do the va also communicate with the swarm via krana, and if so, do they become powerless once they hand theirs over?

Sorry for the little bit of irrelevance of my question. Main point: I agree with the teal/turquoise, but I suppose what's done is done. It's been 15 years.

The krana that the Bohrok Va are carrying are called "dormant" because they aren't in a Bohrok.

When they are inserted into them, they change color to the one of the Bohrok's eyes and become "active"

(example: Kohrak Va carries a white krana. This one is in the dormant form.

When Kohrak uses his krana or needs to change it, Kohrak Va inserts his krana into the Bohrok and this one changes color to Light Blue (Kohrak eyes), becoming active). I hope I explained well.

Ah yes, however so is yellow (Tahnok Va). 

Well Yellow is quite a pale colour compared to the Bohroks' standard colours - Blue, Orange, Red, Green, Light Blue, Lime Green - and even so Tahnok Va could be an exception. Teal is one of the most vibrant colours used in Bionicle and whilst I agree it would be a good choice on Lehvak Va, in terms of story relevance, it wouldn't make much sense IMO.