• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

The BZPower Fanfic Exchange 2017

fanfic exchange

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Tufi Piyufi

Tufi Piyufi
  • BioniLUG Member
  • Forum Administrators
  • Forgetful Monarch

• 24-November 02
  • 10,633 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Oct 07 2017 - 10:13 PM

The BZPower Fanfic Exchange 2017

What's better, giving or receiving gifts? Why not both? Not everything has to be an O. Henry story. And why not make those gifts the greatest gift of all, Bionicle fanfiction? We're bringing a time-honoured fandom tradition to BZPower this year with a fanfic exchange.

It's pretty simple. You let me know what you want to write and read, I take that info and find someone wanting to write the sort of stuff you want to read, and everybody gets a-writin'. Then, in late December, you'll post your stories for your giftee and all of BZP to read. You won't know who's writing for you until then, so it's a fun little surprise. They'll most likely be a different person than who you're writing for, though.

As part of the exchange, you'll submit the following info through this form. Once you receive your giftee's details, you'll have until December 26 to write your gift. There will be a couple of check-in points along the way to make sure everything's running smoothly. If you finish early, then great! The party doesn't have to stop there. You can ask me for more people's prompts, or lend your proven heroism to stepping in for someone who can't submit a gift. I may also put out an open call for people to do just that later in November. Please don't post any stories until December 26, though; part of the fun is seeing all these new stories pop up one after the other!

Successfully fulfilling your end of the bargain will also qualify you for tangible prizes. Write a story, get a story, and also get a select constraction set of your choice. Not a bad deal, eh?

Again, to participate, you'll need to fill out this form. If you've got anything to add between now and October 27, just PM me and let me know. After that, though, it's time to get writing!

Rules

1) All stories must follow the BZPower Rules & Guidelines.. Inappropriate or offensive stories will be reprimanded.

2) Bionicle stories and prompts only, please - remember, they're the greatest gift of all! Though this topic is in Short Stories, they can be for any of the subforums (though if you're wild enough to write a full-blown epic, please see rule 5.)

3) If, for whatever reason, you think you might be late or unable to submit a gift, let me know! We can sort through just about anything as long as I know you need a little help. Just leaving your giftee hanging, however, is inadvisable and will carry consequences for you.

4) When posting your story, don't forget to say who it's for! Detective work is not a traditional element of the fanfic exchange.

5) Please don't overextend yourself; a nice short story is fine. At the same time, please make sure your gift is more than a couple of paragraphs. If a prompt really calls to you and you won't be satisfied until you write a whole epic from it, please have at least a first chapter ready to go for December 26. You'll be able to post the rest at your own pace after that.

Schedule

You will have from now to October 27 to sign up for the exchange.

Matches will be sent out before November 5.

You will have from November 5 to December 26 to write and finish your stories.
-First official check-in is November 22; let me know what you're writing, or if you need help.
-Second official check-in is December 10; you should have a draft you can show me.

After December 26, post your stories! Please try to have them posted between December 26 and January 7, or let me know if you won't be able to get on BZP during that time. In that case, I'll send your story to your giftee so they'll be able to read their gift along with everybody else. (You'll have to send your story to me to make sure that happens, though.)

Prizes
Successfully fulfilling your part of the exchange means you get a select constraction set of your choice. More details will be available in December. Thanks to LEGO for the vast bounty of sets!

Exchange Runner
Tufi Piyufi

Go on and have fun!

Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

#2 Offline AZBlue

AZBlue
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 14-June 03
  • 1,272 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Oct 07 2017 - 10:52 PM

I'm plesently surprised to see something like this! Can't wait to get started!

#3 Offline Toa of Gallifrey

Toa of Gallifrey
  • Members
  • Scavenger

• 11-March 11
  • 628 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 08 2017 - 08:34 AM

Just what I need to stop being lazy and write something. Can't wait! :)

#4 Offline xccj

xccj
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Senior Staff Mask Maker

• 17-January 03
  • 7,100 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Oct 08 2017 - 10:23 AM

Cool, I'm game, although that will be conflicting with NaNoWriMo, so that'll be interesting...

:music:

#5 Offline Scrubbish

Scrubbish
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 14-August 16
  • 2,367 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 08 2017 - 01:27 PM

This sounds like a great idea!  I'd love to participate!

Just a quick inquiry, though; I went to look at the submission form, and I'm a little confused as to what the "Preferred Characters" field entails.  Could I have a bit of clarification on that, please?

#6 Offline Tufi Piyufi

Tufi Piyufi
  • BioniLUG Member
  • Forum Administrators
  • Forgetful Monarch

• 24-November 02
  • 10,633 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Oct 08 2017 - 05:01 PM

This sounds like a great idea!  I'd love to participate!

Just a quick inquiry, though; I went to look at the submission form, and I'm a little confused as to what the "Preferred Characters" field entails.  Could I have a bit of clarification on that, please?

Basically, it's more information to help make good matches. If you really like the Toa Mahri, and a potential reader would really like to read something about the Mahri, then that could be a match right there. You can name specific characters and/or groups of characters, and it'll tell me more about what you're looking to get out of the exchange.

Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

#7 Offline ReeseEH

ReeseEH
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 02-November 16
  • 3 posts

Posted Oct 11 2017 - 08:56 PM

Sounds interesting, and I can't refuse constraction sets...

#8 Offline CommanderKumo

CommanderKumo
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 08-May 17
  • 274 posts

Posted Oct 12 2017 - 04:45 AM

Sent my entry in a few days back, this is going to be fun!!!

My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube....KmVtcnoJTv7g6PA , Bionicle films coming soon!

#9 Offline Okuyasu Nijimura

Okuyasu Nijimura
  • Members
  • Rahkshi Unleashed

• 12-November 14
  • 6,059 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 12 2017 - 08:59 AM

I'm excited, sent my entry in.

cTaaap7.png

#10 Offline Torran

Torran
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 22-April 07
  • 723 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 12 2017 - 09:23 PM

Form submitted - this'll be fun.

#11 Offline Nick Silverpen

Nick Silverpen
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 31-May 04
  • 2,230 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2017 - 10:49 PM

Definitely excited to see what comes of this! My entry is submitted!

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

AceGreenLegend