Biological Chronicle: The Complete Bionicle Collection

TuragaNuva

Two things:

1. That Flash game from the MoL site, "The Legend Continues," is canon. Would making a written version of that be worth it? It's mostly text anyway.

2. Same thing with the My LEGO Network BIONICLE Campaign (BS01 has a first-person narrative-style walkthrough of this).

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

So far this is really great! Without you I probably never would have been able to read the bionicle story. With that said, however, there is one thing that makes the books literally unreadable. You spelled "axe" as "ax" so many times.

Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't do great things.

It's called garbage can, not garbage cannot!

I've gone through Toatapio's suggested changes. Most of them I agree with, and there are a couple I'm indifferent about. (Thanks for all the hard work by the way Toatapio! Most of the changes you've recommended are spot on!)

However, I disagree with two of Toatapio's suggested changes.

Page 35: “…their relations with each [other] ranging from indifferent to tense” – add “other” where indicated

This sentence is supposed to show that the Skrall tribes relation with the other tribes range from indifferent to tense, not that all the tribes have bad relations with each other. I recommend keeping this as is.

Page 124: “Maybe there’s something up here who can help us” – “something who can help us”? Should it be “someone” then?

The context later on suggests that they are talking about a weapon that can help, not a person. It should be 'something that can help us'.
  • Upvote 1

Stories I wrote

Parts of a Whole Series: An Alternate Ending

Part 1: Fight for Freedom                        Wisps of Memory

Part 2: Army of One (In Progress)

Short Stories:
The Great Takara          
Tale of the Toa Stones          Masks

So far this is really great! Without you I probably never would have been able to read the bionicle story. With that said, however, there is one thing that makes the books literally unreadable. You spelled "axe" as "ax" so many times.

I'm just gonna go ahead and assume that's sarcasm.

I've gone through Toatapio's suggested changes. Most of them I agree with, and there are a couple I'm indifferent about. (Thanks for all the hard work by the way Toatapio! Most of the changes you've recommended are spot on!)

However, I disagree with two of Toatapio's suggested changes.

Page 35: “…their relations with each [other] ranging from indifferent to tense” – add “other” where indicated

This sentence is supposed to show that the Skrall tribes relation with the other tribes range from indifferent to tense, not that all the tribes have bad relations with each other. I recommend keeping this as is.

Page 124: “Maybe there’s something up here who can help us” – “something who can help us”? Should it be “someone” then?

The context later on suggests that they are talking about a weapon that can help, not a person. It should be 'something that can help us'.

Fair enough, these points I wasn't entirely certain about. The latter in particular is a good point - it makes a lot more sense the way you suggested it.

• 2 weeks later...

Given that you've issued an ultimatum on the subject, I assume it is no longer important, but here is Iruini's set description:

Power from the past!

Long before the coming of the Toa Metru, Toa Iruini fought evil in a strange land. Equipped with his Mask of Quick Travel, cyclone spear, healing spinner and golden armor, this Toa of Air was ready to challenge any enemy. Relive ancient victories with this exciting set!

Pull the ripcord to launch the Rhotuka spinner up to 50 feet in the air!

The name is not capitalized.

P.S. How do quotes work?

Edited by Downfall

:smilematoro:

Hi Downfall,

If you want to quote, the opening tag doesn't have a slash. It should look like this, but with spaces added so you can view it.

[ quote ] Here is some quoted text. [ /quote ]

Edited by ArchAngelleofJustice

Stories I wrote

Short Stories:
The Great Takara          

Alright, sorry it took me a while (I was on vacation last week), but I've fixed all of the issues that Toatapio found with Book 9 so far (thanks a ton for your continued proofreading!). Just a few things to note:

• I agreed with ArchAngelleofJustice's comments on two of Toatapio's points of feedback, and changed (or didn't change) them accordingly (thanks for looking over those, ArchAngelle: I'm not certain I would've caught what the correct phrasing was for that line about the Skrall's relations to the other tribes).
  • I actually did the opposite of Toatapio's suggestion on capitalizing Bone Hunters, and made all instances of it capitalized. While Greg did make it lower-case a few times, there were far more instances (mostly from the '09 chapter books) he capitalized it, so I went with that.
I didn't change the following:
  • "Not sure if ”Water Tribe” should be capitalized or not" - I've left it capitalized, just because there didn't really seem to be a precedent other than in Decadence, where all the tribe names are always capitalized (and would probably look weird lower-case)
  • “…but in reality most of it was a soft mud…” - Grammar works as-is
  • Empire of the Skrall placement: there was a lot of discussion a while back about where these chapters should go (when I was doing a big rearrangement of Book 9 to move things from a perfectly chronological order to a better reading order). I ended up placing them where they currently are because I don't think they work well as an introduction to Bara Magna (which they would be in the text-only version if they were before the Crossing). I've left them where they are.
  • “Kirbold just wanted to get done and get back to Iconox” - Technically works as-is, and I re-listened to the podcast chapter and this is definitely what Greg says
  • "Aloud, he said[,] 'You’re probably right'" - Not sure what to say other than I prefer it as-is
  • “…one of the Great Beings’ more… efficient creations” - I did this to get across Greg's intonation in the podcast. I don't think it comes across the way he read it without the italics
I promise I'm still working out what to do with the chapter grouping/arrangement of Book 8 (and all the other stuff I've said I'll do/look into, I have a list)! Just been really busy lately.

Two things:

1. That Flash game from the MoL site, "The Legend Continues," is canon. Would making a written version of that be worth it? It's mostly text anyway.

2. Same thing with the My LEGO Network BIONICLE Campaign (BS01 has a first-person narrative-style walkthrough of this).

The My Lego Network game was brought up a while back, and I've been meaning to look into how well it could be meshed into Book 9 (and if it would be worth the effort of doing so). I remember looking into it back when I was first putting this compilation together, and getting the impression that it didn't really add anything significant.

I remember feeling the same way about The Legend Continues, and also thinking that it would be difficult to do a written version of since it has branching paths (right?). If there's demand for it to be included, I'll look into it, but it really seemed like it wouldn't add much.

Basically, I included fan-written versions of Quest for the Toa and MNOGII because they contain events referenced elsewhere, but since the MLN game and The Legend Continues don't, I'm less concerned about their inclusion.

Given that you've issued an ultimatum on the subject, I assume it is no longer important, but here is Iruini's set description:

Power from the past!

Long before the coming of the Toa Metru, Toa Iruini fought evil in a strange land. Equipped with his Mask of Quick Travel, cyclone spear, healing spinner and golden armor, this Toa of Air was ready to challenge any enemy. Relive ancient victories with this exciting set!

Pull the ripcord to launch the Rhotuka spinner up to 50 feet in the air!

The name is not capitalized.

P.S. How do quotes work?

Thanks for letting me know! Looks like that matches what I'd decided to go with, which is nice to see. Where'd you find that, out of curiosity?

sigbanner.gif

The My Lego Network game was brought up a while back, and I've been meaning to look into how well it could be meshed into Book 9 (and if it would be worth the effort of doing so). I remember looking into it back when I was first putting this compilation together, and getting the impression that it didn't really add anything significant.

I remember feeling the same way about The Legend Continues, and also thinking that it would be difficult to do a written version of since it has branching paths (right?). If there's demand for it to be included, I'll look into it, but it really seemed like it wouldn't add much.

Basically, I included fan-written versions of Quest for the Toa and MNOGII because they contain events referenced elsewhere, but since the MLN game and The Legend Continues don't, I'm less concerned about their inclusion.

MLN can be thrown in right before The Crossing.

As for TLC, I believe it was mentioned in both encyclopedias, and it was definitely mentioned in the World guide Despite the branching choices, the beginning and the outcome are always the same: two Ta-Matoran go to look for Artahka, find Mangaia instead, Teridax scares them back to Ta-Koro. I could attempt a written version, if you’d like.

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese

Power from the past!Long before the coming of the Toa Metru, Toa Iruini fought evil in a strange land. Equipped with his Mask of Quick Travel, cyclone spear, healing spinner and golden armor, this Toa of Air was ready to challenge any enemy. Relive ancient victories with this exciting set!Pull the ripcord to launch the Rhotuka spinner up to 50 feet in the air!

The name is not capitalized.P.S. How do quotes work?
Thanks for letting me know! Looks like that matches what I'd decided to go with, which is nice to see. Where'd you find that, out of curiosity?
It was on Brickipedia. They keep all the original set descriptions in their articles. Edited by Downfall
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

A few more minor updates to Book 1:

• "[...] to melt the ice that now law between [...]" - 'law' changed to 'lay'
  • "[...] Tahu leaped forward it instantly [...]" - 'forward' changed to 'toward'
  • There were a few apostrophes that were entered as ´ instead of ’

And with this, I think I'm comfortable declaring Book 1 99.999% error-free.

MLN can be thrown in right before The Crossing.

Guess there's no harm in doing a "Complete" Book 9 that includes it, then. I'll get on that, though I may wait until Toatapio has finished proofreading Book 9, so I have fewer versions in which to fix the issues he finds.

As for TLC, I believe it was mentioned in both encyclopedias, and it was definitely mentioned in the World guide Despite the branching choices, the beginning and the outcome are always the same: two Ta-Matoran go to look for Artahka, find Mangaia instead, Teridax scares them back to Ta-Koro. I could attempt a written version, if you’d like.

I certainly wouldn't mind that.

EDIT: would love to make this a new post, but double-posting rules are still a thing...

My wife and I have started reading Book 2, and I've found (and fixed) a few issues:

• "He won't soon fearchallenge Mata Nui again". - Period moved to before quotation mark
  • "Such bragging seems unnecessary." said Kopaka - Period changed to comma
  • Onua, Toa of Earth, was about to agree - Was supposed to be a new paragraph
  • I fear he's in a very bad mood!"- Deleted period
  • Onua braced himself against a nearby sell - Changed "sell" to "swell"
  • "They came out of nowhere"- Moved comma to before quotation mark
While almost all of these issues are in Chapter 1, we've made it to Chapter 7 and haven't seen any more problems so far.
Edited by TuragaNuva

sigbanner.gif

You're a champ, TuragaNuva! Thank you for continuing to post your updates, I much appreciate it.

Stories I wrote

Short Stories:
The Great Takara          

Alright, I’ve now finished going through the Raid on Vulcanus and The Legend Reborn sections of book 9. This feedback is thus for pages 133-301.

Raid on Vulcanus

Page 134: “…and whatever else they can trade in Tajun [-] and you don’t like to share” – add dash where indicated

Page 135: “Sensing his opponent’s weakness. Fero bore down” – replace full stop with comma

Page 135: “The sand stalker stepped on Fero’s launcher. producing a very satisfying crunch” – replace full stop with comma

Page 135: “This has to be a brand-new document” – replace “has” with “had

Page 136: “For him. Tajun was now the place to be” – replace full stop with comma

Page 137: “You know they kicked Malum out, right? He killed an opponent who had already surrendered” – this is a continuity error, since Malum only attempted to kill Strakk, but didn’t succeed at it

Page 137: “…after the disasters of 100.000 years back” – for the sake of consistency, replace the full stop with comma

Page 139: “We thought you Glatorians fought only for money” – “Glatorians” should be “Glatorian” (although it’s like this in the original text)

Page 140: “They love him here now [-] they need him now” – add dash where indicated

Page 141: “But Raanu was paying no attention to the expectant Glatorian. He was looking at his people gathered in the inn and wondering how many would survive a Skrall attack” – since this is in the context of the upcoming Bone Hunter attack, I think that’s what should replace “Skrall”

Page 142: “Still, if he turned down the request to defend the village, he could forget ever showing his mask here again” – “mask” was probably intended as “helmet”, but Greg must’ve gotten mixed up

Page 143: “I was planning to use it for eating,[“] answered. Gelu” – add quotation marks where indicated

Page 143: “I was planning to use it for eating, answered. Gelu” – remove the extra full stop

Page 143: “Then I hope they don’t need to eat,” muttered Gelu. “Cause that’s out, I hear” – small thing, but the apostrophe before “Cause” should be reversed

Page 144: “We need to stop them of Vulcanus now…” – replace “of” with “at

Page 146: “But civilized society said it had no place for me. The Vorox found me, sheltered me, and made me part of their tribe” – another continuity error, since the Vorox never found Malum. Malum sought them out and forcefully made himself their leader

Page 146: “You have a stake in this, too,” Ackar continued. They’re Bone Hunters” – replace the apostrophe with quotation marks

Page 152: “Exsidian” is not capitalized here, but is in other places. It probably should not be capitalized anywhere

Page 152: “So I let him think there was one.[“] – add quotation marks at the end

Page 153: “I’d rather go out fighting and let someone else tell the tales[.] – add full stop where indicated and fix the quotation mark after it

Page 155: “Now, squeeze the control” – “squeeze” should be in italics

Page 156: “…even the best fighter would lose a little bit off his speed and his reflexes…” – replace “off” with “of

Page 162: “During that time. Strakk picked a fight with Vulcanus’s chief cook…” – replace full stop with comma

Page 162: “They aren’t coming back,” Raanu said, in a tone that said he had no interest in an argument[.] “It’s over.” – add full stop where indicated

Page 165: “By then, all the good loot will be gone,[“] Strakk answered – add quotation marks where indicated

Page 170-171: The comic pages on these pages are swapped the wrong way around

Page 176: The comic page is cut from the top here

The Legend Reborn

Page 182: The beginning of this chapter overlaps with the end of the previous one. It’s not a big deal, but maybe either one could be trimmed a little to make the story flow better? Not sure how exactly that should be done though; possibly by combining some of the lines?

Page 182: “My name is Mata Nui,” said the stranger[.] – add full stop where indicated

I think you should indicate the Mata Nui’s Diary entries like those of the Takanuva Blog, by using something other than “entry #”. It would clarify what these entries are to begin with, and would make them fit with the rest of the story a little better.

Page 200: “I felt shock[,] rage, and yes, fear, more for my people than myself” – I think there should be a comma where indicated

Page 200: “I wondered if this was how my 100,000[-]year existence would end” – not sure about this one, but I think there should be a dash where indicated

Page 201: “Of course, no I was the one in trouble” – there’s something wrong about this part, though I’m not exactly sure what it is. Maybe check it from Mata Nui’s Guide to Bara Magna again?

Page 201: “The piece of Vorox stinger I carried as s crude weapon…” – replace “s” with “a

Page 202: “…there are still some Order members who survive” – replace “survive” with “survived

Page 203: “…40 million foot tall…” – for some reason it feels to me that there should be a dash among here somewhere. I might be wrong about that though

Page 206: “Word of warning, though…[“] – add quotation marks where indicated

Page 206: cause you’re my ticket out of here – reverse the apostrophe at the beginning

Page 207:what if the struggle here on Bara Magna took years?” – “what” should be capitalized

Page 208: The last paragraph starting with “This was something I would need to think long and hard about” should be indented

Page 229: “A group of black-armored riders mounted on reptilian creatures were riding across the sands in pursuit of the chariot” – in the context of the original book there’s nothing wrong with this sentence, but in this compilation Mata Nui has already encountered a rock steed, so he knows what they are. Therefore them being referred to as “reptilian creatures” comes across as a little odd here. I understand if you don’t wanna make changes to this sentence, but changing “reptilian creatures” to “rock steeds” would make it fit better with the rest of the narrative

Page 231: “All of which explained why Branar and a Skrall warriors were driving a half dozen savage Vorox…” – “warriors” should be “warrior

Page 233: There’s little to no indication at the beginning of Fall and Rise of the Skrall that its events happened in the past, so an unacquainted reader will think that the story takes place in the present, at least until the ending of it

Page 241: Branar is mentioned by name here, despite the fact that at the time this story takes place, he doesn’t have the name yet

Page 259: “The Skrall do not realize it, but in a strange way, they have done me a favor. I have wrestled with the choice before me – whether to leave Bara Magna as quickly as possible to go and save my universe, or to stay and help these people. Now I know what I must do. What the Skrall did today must be avenged” – there’s a bit of a continuity error here, cause later Mata Nui makes clear that he actually intends to leave the Glatorian to pursue his own quest rather than help them (after he leaves the Tajun cavern)

Page 263: “No sooner had Axonn said that to himself then the crack got bigger” – “then” should be “than

Page 263: “There was no sign of the endless waste [he] had been in before” – add “he” where indicated

From here on, starting with chapter 36 on page 265, there are multiple chapters that are unnecessarily long, like how I pointed out often in book 8. The problem with it in book 9 is less about the length though, and more about the themes of the chapters - parts of the story that have no thematic unity have been combined in a few places. Generally speaking, chapters from Reign of Shadows should be independent of the Bara Magna story chapters. I'll point each instance separately below.

Page 266: “See, there’s only one problem, Tuma,” leaning forward in the chair and smiling broadly – something like “the traitor said” is missing from before “leaning”

Page 268: “I have worn many titles, been called many things… but never ‘friend.’ – reverse the quotation marks at the end

Page 271: “Mata Nui could no longer to stay quiet” – remove “to” (this mistake is in the original text)

Page 272: The part of the story starting with “100,000 years ago…” and “Two beings hurried through the darkened corridor” definitely needs to be its own chapter

Page 272: “Expecting to be hailed like heroes…” – I could be wrong about this, but shouldn’t “like” be “as”? Not sure though…

Page 273: Again, I’m not sure, but I think there should be a line division between “So how could a rock like that burn with such intensity?” and “The bird spotted prey, and was soon engaged in the hunt”

Page 274: “Taken unawares, many Fire Tribe warriors were struck down” – shouldn’t “unawares” be “unaware

Page 274: “I would rather die on my own sword then forfeit to yours” – “then” should be “than

Page 274: Surrender is not an option.” Malum responded – replace full stop with comma

Page 274: “He meant the words; chances are he would live long enough to see them come true” – “are” should be “were

Page 275:Arrow’s embedded in the shoulder tend to have that effect” – “Arrow’s” should be “Arrows

Page 275: “Avoiding future pain is vital in self-preservation” – “is” should be “was

Page 275: The paragraph starting with “As he later found out, Vastus had already planned to escape” should be indented

Page 275: “…they abandoned their water allies” – in this case, “water” should probably be capitalized since it refers to the tribe

Page 277: The part starting with “Now…” and “Ackar knew there was no time to waste” should be a new chapter

Page 280: “…it could be the key to his regaining his lost universe” – not sure about this one, but should “his” be “him”?

Page 280: “Hanging in a cage suspended high in the air, Berix was starting to think they might have been better off buried under the Skopio” – slight continuity error here, cause Berix was not yet with the others during the Skopio battle

Page 281: Begin a new chapter before “Kapura moved swiftly (for him) through the shadows of Metru Nui”

Page 282: “Every Matoran remembered Ahkmou’s crimes on the island of Mata Nui, involving the sale of kodan balls tainted with Makuta’s darkness” – continuity error here; he didn’t sell “kodan balls” but either “Koli balls” or “Comet balls”, depending which you want to call them

Page 284: “Even more confusing –and disturbing – was that the crack was growing bigger as he watched” – add a space between the first dash and “and”

Page 290: “Once more, they fired, this time with the power of life itself added to their energies” – since “life” as an elemental power has been capitalized in book 8, I think it should be capitalized in this sentence as well

Page 292: “Stronius eyes flicked down to the point of the blade now pressing against his neck” – add apostrophe after “Stronius”

Page 293: “But telling Ackar he had once inhabited the body of a 10-million-foot tall robotic being…” – “10-million-foot” is wrong, it should be “40-million-foot

Page 294: The sentence “But before I could do that, there were new dangers to be faced” should be indented

Page 295: Begin new chapter before “Makuta Teridax, in the huge robotic body that once belonged to Mata Nui, surveyed the world he stood upon”

Page 295: “It was a pleasant fantasy, but there were realities that had to [be] dealt with first” – add “be” where indicated

Page 298: “As the Skrall watched in surprise, Metus walked up [to] the two baterra and regarded them like they were just annoyances” – add “to” where indicated

Page 300: Begin new chapter before “The all-too familiar blurring of reality and wave of nausea struck Vezon”

Page 301: “…when his question was answered, in [a] very dramatic fashion” – add “a” where indicated

And to finish, just a positive remark – page 264: Thank you for removing the mention of the Daxia plot point at the end of the chapter! It always bothered me that it never went anywhere, so this is most certainly a change I can get behind.

It shouldn’t take me too long to finish reviewing book 9, since there’s only Journey’s End left.

Edited by Toatapio Nuva
  • Upvote 3

Okay, update time! I've finally done a reorganization of Book 8, and I think it's definitely better now. An overview:

• Per Toatapio's suggestion, I've grouped most of the serial chapters into separate chapters from the novel chapters (if that makes sense)
  • There are now no longer any simultaneous transitions between time and universe: any transitions either go between past/present, or between the main universe and one of the pocket dimensions (i.e. there are no longer any chapters of Dark Mirror/The Kingdom set directly next to chapters of Brothers in Arms that are in the past). I think this significantly improves readability
  • In 2 or 3 cases, 2 chapters of the same serial are now placed back-to-back: I've only done this in places where A) the 2 chapters were already placed very close to each other, and B) the first chapter smoothly transitioned to the second (many serial chapters have large timeskips between chapters that I think make them not flow as well when read in succession)

For full details on the changes, take a look at the "Newer 2008" vs "Newerer 2008" in my Reading Order notes (all changes are within chapters 32-57).

And Toatapio, thank you so much, yet again, for your new feedback! Fixing those Book 9 issues is now my top priority. I might wait until your final Book 9 feedback post to fix them, though, since it's easier to do a larger batch of feedback all at once than two large batches of feedback separately. Don't feel rushed to finish your next batch of feedback, though!

EDIT: I've gotten through a bit more of Book 2, and fixed a couple more minor issues:

• the wind tore the Bula tree straight out of the ground - T changed to uppercase, since it's the beginning of a sentence
  • They moved line on to the east - deleted extra word "line"
Edited by TuragaNuva
  • Upvote 3

sigbanner.gif

I've only had a quick skim of Book 8, and it's a definite improvement. I still think some parts should be piled together (ie. the five years ago in Brothers in Arms), but that's a never-ending source of debate. Ah well, it's so much better as it is now. Thank you for doing this.

Sometime next week I'll go through the changes Toatapio suggested to Book 9 and double-check them.

Stories I wrote

Short Stories:
The Great Takara          

• 2 weeks later...

Here it finally is: the last of the book 9 feedback! Here goes:

Page 302: The comic page has some small text on the right. It looks a bit unclean.

Page 344: The part starting with "Vezon had had better days" should be its own chapter.

Page 344: "...Spherus Magna natives was headed for the right village in which Vezon stood" - "for the right" should be "right for the"

Page 345: "Now all I need [to] fear are my living chains..." - not sure about this one (I think it might work as is), but I would add "to" where indicated

The chapter where Lewa is actually teleported to Tren Krom's cave is missing from this compilation.

Page 345-346: It's odd that Tren Krom's telepathic speech is here in bold, when this style hasn't been used anywhere else in any of the books (including other Tren Krom scenes)

Page 345: Perhaps… and perhaps, said Tren Krom - "said Tren Krom" should not be in italics (and bold)

Page 346: And if I don’t find a way to get my body back, he said to himself - the comma should not be in bold

Page 348: That’s it! That’s what I’m supposed to do, he exulted. My destiny is to recreate Spherus Magna as it was before the Shattering… to make the three pieces of the planet one again - this part should be in italics

Page 349: Begin new chapter at "Tren Krom stood on the shore..."

Page 349: "He knew who had sent Lewa to him, and so he knew the answer to his power" - I'm pretty sure there should be something else in place of "power", possibly "problem"

Page 352: In shock, they saw that the shelters[,] when assembled[,] formed not just a city - I think there should be commas where indicated

Page 355: Begin new chapter at "Toa Helryx had made a decision"

Page 355: "There was an obvious connection between their labors and the health of the mechanical in which they lived" - I feel like something's missing after "mechanical", possibly "body" or "being"

Page 355: "The inhabitants of the Matoran universe would suffocate or freeze in the darkness" - Isn't Matoran Universe usually fully capitalized?

Page 356: "He advanced past Helryx, walked to [the] wall panel, and tore it off" - add "the" where indicated, or possibly "a"

Page 357: "Before the startled eyes of the Kapura and Hafu..." - remove "the"

Page 358: There seems to be a bit of a continuity error here. In a previous chapter, Teridax detected the presence of the alternate Teridax in his body and decided to do something about it. But here he's apparently ignoring all that, and only later communicates to him and Mazeka in a different chapter.

Page 367: Begin new chapter at "At the sight of Artakha, the chamber went silent"

Page 370: "...pulling him, and the other along with him, into the portal" - "other" should be "others"

Page 371: “Matoran,” said a voice from inside the darkness, amazing..." - I feel like the comma after "darkness" should be a full stop and "amazing" should be capitalized

Page 372: Either begin new chapter at "Mata Nui watched as the Glatorian and Agori moved off to safety" or combine it with the beginning part of that chapter earlier somehow

Page 375: “You mean your ‘destiny?’["] said Makuta - add quotation marks where indicated

Page 381: You are seeing what you need to see, said the mask - "said the mask" should not be in italics

Page 381: "His body, mask and armor changed, going to back to what they had been when he was first created" - remove the first "to"

Page 382: "What is this? Where did it come from?" - although this is not in italics in the original book, it feels like it was intended to be

Page 383: "Makuta’s lowered his right arm..." - "Makuta's" should be "Makuta"

Page 387: But my survival doesn’t matter, he knew. Only my destiny matters. Others died to give me this chance. Can I risk less? - this should be in italics

Page 389: "The now mask-less Toa staggered forward..." - shouldn't "mask-less" be "maskless"?

Page 391: "When you fell over like that, I thought [for] sure you were dead" - add "for" where indicated

Page 391: “I’m sure,” Tahu said[,] smiling - add comma where indicated

Page 394: "She stared at [it] in silence for a long time..." - add "it" where indicated

Page 394: “I think any time would have been too soon,” said Ackar[.] - add a full stop at the end of this sentence

Now that I've gone through every book once, I'm gonna take a bit of a break before doing any more proofreading. An exception will be book 1, which I've noticed a few errors in that I'll point out a bit later. I'm not gonna go through book 10, both due to it being just an epilogue and me being extremely unmotivated to subject myself to the 2010 serials again. If at some point I decide to read them after all, I'll certainly post any feedback I find then.

Edited by Toatapio Nuva
  • Upvote 2

I just wanted to let you know that I've gone through Toatapio's suggestions and haven't disagreed with any of them.

• Upvote 1

Stories I wrote

Short Stories:
The Great Takara          

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, sorry for the long wait, but I've now addressed all of Toatapio's Book 9 feedback!

Some notes (apologies, these aren't in page order):

• "Still, if he turned down the request" - I do agree that mask was a mistake, but changed it to face rather than helmet
  • I actually meant to include the entirety of Reign of Shadows; I'm not sure why some of it was missing. It's all in there now
  • "A group of black-armored riders" - I ended up fixing this by moving Challenge of Mata Nui back to its original location, on the way to Tesara, since I think that makes the most sense (even though there is evidence for it being on the way to Tajun as well). I've edited the book scan to say Tesara instead of Tajun
  • Beginning of TLR overlapping with Raid on Vulcanus epilogue - I've merged these slightly, and eliminated a few redundant lines. I do think it reads better now.
  • Comic 3 pages being cut off slightly at the top - this was actually because my copy of the comic was printed like that (don't know if it's a common issue). Since it was annoying in places, I scanned my other copy of the comic - the smaller one that came packed with the TLR DVD (I think it was a Walmart-exclusive thing?). The downside of this is that the scans of that issue are now slightly lower-res, since the comic is smaller. If anyone has a normal copy of Glatorian comic #3 that isn't cut off at the top, and could take high-quality scans of it, let me know!
  • Speaking of comics, I've done some color corrections on all of the comic pages I scanned myself in Book 9, and I think they look waaay better now!
  • "Hanging in a cage suspended high in the air, Berix was starting to think they might have been better off buried under the Skopio." - I've tentatively changed this to "buried under the rubble of Tajun," but I'd appreciate people's thoughts on this because I'm unsure about it. Couldn't think of a better way to fix it.
  • I've done some re-organization of Book 9, which you can see in the "Newer 2009" in my notes that are linked in the first post. Short version: Reign of Shadows chapters are now more broken up from the Bara Magna stuff, until Journey's end, where they're still merged into larger chapters: my reasoning for this is 1) all the other serials are done at this point, so there are fewer story threads to keep up with, so it's easier to keep up with the the MU stuff and the Bara Magna stuff at the same time. And 2) the MU and BM stories finally come together in JE, and I think having the chapters combined helps build toward that.

Things I left unchanged:

• "But civilized society said it had no place for me" - This seems excusable to me, since Malum could easily be embellishing
  • "there are still some Order members who survive" - Grammar is fine
  • "40 million foot tall" - that's the way it was originally written, and I think it's acceptable as-is
  • "Expecting to be hailed like heroes" - Grammar is fine
  • "So how could a rock like that burn" - it's acceptable as-is, and that's the way it was originally written
  • "Taken unawares" - Grammar is fine
  • "Avoiding future pain is vital in self-preservation" - It's a general statement, so I think present-tense is acceptable
  • "Now all I need fear are my living chains" - Grammar is fine
  • "'Matoran,' said a voice" - this is the way it was originally written, and it seems acceptable as-is
  • "when his question was answered, in very dramatic fashion" - Grammar is fine
  • Teridax detecting Alt-Teridax - This seems excusable to me: Teridax becomes aware of Alt-Teridax, then sends minions to find him. Then when they find Mazeka and Alt-Terry and Terry's made aware of their location, he confronts them
  • "there was an obvious connection" - I struggled with this one, but "mechanical" can technically be used as a noun to mean a mechanical object, so it is acceptable
  • "The skrall do not realize it, but in a strange way" - I also struggled with this, but in the end left it as-is. My reasoning: after seeing Tajun, Mata Nui decides that he must help his new friends somehow. After giving them elemental powers, he figures that will be sufficient to allow them to stop the Skrall, and decides to leave again.
  • "it could be the key to his regaining" - Grammar is fine
  • Tren Krom's bold/italics "thoughts" - This seems very intentional on Greg's part, and we haven't seen him use telepathy for words before this (only normal speech), so it's not inconsistent with anything prior.

I've also made some minor fixes in Books 2 and 8. For Book 8, I just changed one instance of "Matoran universe" to "Matoran Universe."

For Book 2:

• "'Then its decided,' Onua said." - Changed "its" to "it's"
  • "[...] break through the wall separating them from the armor." - Neither the reader nor the Toa has any idea yet that the armor this is referring to even exists. Changed to "separating them from the next chamber."
  • "But he shook the nagging distrust of the Air Toa's Mind." - Added "off" after "shook" (from the original text)

The next thing on my to-do list is to proof-read and refine the MLN Bionicle campaign transcription, so that I can create a "Complete" version of Book 9 that contains it.

sigbanner.gif

Just a few replies:

Teridax detecting Alt-Teridax - This seems excusable to me: Teridax becomes aware of Alt-Teridax, then sends minions to find him. Then when they find Mazeka and Alt-Terry and Terry's made aware of their location, he confronts them

It makes sense from a story perspective, yes, but less so from a narrative perspective.

Tren Krom's bold/italics "thoughts" - This seems very intentional on Greg's part, and we haven't seen him use telepathy for words before this (only normal speech), so it's not inconsistent with anything prior.

Actually, telepathy for words has been used many times, including with the Morbuzakh. However, quotation marks seem to have been used in those cases. Therefore it would create consistency to change the Tren Krom exchanges to be the same, especially since that's how his communication is handled in the 2008 serials. My point being that since this is the only time boldened letters are used anywhere in the compilation, it sticks out really akwardly.

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

Just a few replies:

Teridax detecting Alt-Teridax - This seems excusable to me: Teridax becomes aware of Alt-Teridax, then sends minions to find him. Then when they find Mazeka and Alt-Terry and Terry's made aware of their location, he confronts them

It makes sense from a story perspective, yes, but less so from a narrative perspective.

Fair enough. I guess I feel like it reads okay, and I'm not sure how to easily change it.

Tren Krom's bold/italics "thoughts" - This seems very intentional on Greg's part, and we haven't seen him use telepathy for words before this (only normal speech), so it's not inconsistent with anything prior.

Actually, telepathy for words has been used many times, including with the Morbuzakh. However, quotation marks seem to have been used in those cases. Therefore it would create consistency to change the Tren Krom exchanges to be the same, especially since that's how his communication is handled in the 2008 serials. My point being that since this is the only time boldened letters are used anywhere in the compilation, it sticks out really akwardly.

Sorry, I phrased that poorly: by "him," I meant Tren Krom, not Greg. And previously, Tren Krom had spoken out loud, not telepathically (the sound of his voice is referenced). I think it works to have his telepathic thoughts formatted differently, since Tren Krom is meant to be such a bizarre, otherworldly being.

sigbanner.gif

And previously, Tren Krom had spoken out loud, not telepathically (the sound of his voice is referenced).

In that case there's a story contradiction in Reign of Shadows, cause Lewa is only able to speak telepathically when he's in Tren Krom's body.

By the way, here are the errors I mentioned I found in Book 1:

Page 3: "for the Toa did appear on the shore of the island" - "shore" should be "shores"

Page 4: "Why - can't - I - REMEMBER?" He howled - "He" should not be capitalized, even though it is in the original text

Page 8: "It was me!" Lewa breathed in amazement. "I did it. The wind answers to me!" - the three indicated parts should be in italics

Page 9: "Dig, pull scrape, push. Dig, pull scrape, push." - should be in italics

And previously, Tren Krom had spoken out loud, not telepathically (the sound of his voice is referenced).

In that case there's a story contradiction in Reign of Shadows, cause Lewa is only able to speak telepathically when he's in Tren Krom's body.

By the way, here are the errors I mentioned I found in Book 1:

Page 3: "for the Toa did appear on the shore of the island" - "shore" should be "shores"

Page 4: "Why - can't - I - REMEMBER?" He howled - "He" should not be capitalized, even though it is in the original text

Page 8: "It was me!" Lewa breathed in amazement. "I did it. The wind answers to me!" - the three indicated parts should be in italics

Page 9: "Dig, pull scrape, push. Dig, pull scrape, push." - should be in italics

Personally, I think that can easily be chalked up to Lewa not knowing how to control Tren Krom's body. For instance, he's also not able to use a tentacle to grab Tren Krom, and I think we can assume he wouldn't know how to fire a laser like the one Tren Krom used on Carapar. TK's body is so bizarre and alien that talking might require an entirely different set of muscles than Lewa is familiar with using, but he can still think, so telepathy is possible for him. TK, meanwhile, is familiar with how the MU inhabitants work, and would know how to control Lewa's body.

And thanks for the Book 1 notes! Those should now all be fixed.

sigbanner.gif

Hey TuragaNuva,

Did you compile these in Word? Would it be possible to get the original versions of these documents before you saved them as a pdf?

Stories I wrote

Short Stories:
The Great Takara          

Hey TuragaNuva,

Did you compile these in Word? Would it be possible to get the original versions of these documents before you saved them as a pdf?

Yes, I edit everything in Word before exporting as a PDF. May I ask what you want the Word docs for? I assume you're interested in making your own edited versions?

sigbanner.gif

Yes, I don't intend to share my own edited versions. I actually already have an edited version of Book 1 with notes to play parts of MNOG, Book 2 with notes to watch the Templar Animations, and Book 5 with notes to watch the MoL animations. (This is why I asked for your change-log, it's easier for me to edit the versions I have saved than to keep making those changes to your versions!)

But I also want to make a version of Book 9 that removes some parts of the story to make it compliant with my fanfiction. (Removing Reign of Shadows and most of Journey's End). Unfortunately making these larger changes in pdf format is much more awkward and sometimes breaks the formatting; it would be easier to have the originals. And I'd like to make an editable copy of Book 8 as well.

Totally understand if you don't want to share, but I thought I'd ask.

Stories I wrote

Short Stories:
The Great Takara          

Yes, I don't intend to share my own edited versions. I actually already have an edited version of Book 1 with notes to play parts of MNOG, Book 2 with notes to watch the Templar Animations, and Book 5 with notes to watch the MoL animations. (This is why I asked for your change-log, it's easier for me to edit the versions I have saved than to keep making those changes to your versions!)

But I also want to make a version of Book 9 that removes some parts of the story to make it compliant with my fanfiction. (Removing Reign of Shadows and most of Journey's End). Unfortunately making these larger changes in pdf format is much more awkward and sometimes breaks the formatting; it would be easier to have the originals. And I'd like to make an editable copy of Book 8 as well.

Totally understand if you don't want to share, but I thought I'd ask.

Gotcha. I'll PM you.

EDIT 9/4/2018: I've made some small fixes to Book 2:

• "the woven walls allowed only a dim glove of soothing green light" - Changed glove to glow
  • "'Watch this, leaf brothers,'" - Removed the space in leafbrothers
  • "Each successive wave was higher and powerful than the last" - Added 'more' before 'powerful' (not in the original text, but should definitely be there)
  • "'I know not what wrong happened'" - Removed the space in wronghappened. It has a space in the original text, but is clearly intended to be treespeak
  • "a giant wave that she had called forth only a moment before" - This contradicts Makuta's Revenge, where it's shown that Gali was trying to calm naturally-forming tides. I've changed 'had called forth' to 'could have stopped'
  • The Wall of History entry "Out of Their Elements" makes two mentions of the term Bohrok-Kal, even though neither the characters nor the reader know the identity of the symbol thieves at this point. I've changed it to say "thieves" in both places.
Edited by TuragaNuva

sigbanner.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Good to see the project is still going well, just thought I'd bump the topic to avoid it dying.
That said, do you think the slower update schedule is indicative that editing is almost done?
I'm planning on having a hardcover copy made of each book (for personal use, not to sell  ;) ) but I wanna be sure that it won't be made obsolete by a newer edition mere days later.

-L- to the -K-

Sometimes, I look at my desk, and think, "What am I doing with my life?"

Then, I go back to my videogames.

I used to be known as 'Gresh's Thornax...Ouchy!!!', before I realised what a silly name it was.

Other previous names include Lihkan435 and Chip Biscuit.

"a giant wave that she had called forth only a moment before" - This contradicts Makuta's Revenge, where it's shown that Gali was trying to calm naturally-forming tides. I've changed 'had called forth' to 'could have stopped'

I'll just point out here that the text is actually from the Style Guide, not Makuta's Revenge. But the change you made is good.

By the way, I have one thing to point out from book 1:

Page 11: “So this is what I am meant to do”, she thought. “I am here to command the seas. But for what purpose?” - should be in italics

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

TuragaNuva, I was browsing Biosector today and I found a whopping fifteen fan-made stories that were planned to be canonized, but ultimately weren't due to Lego no longer authorizing Greg to interact with the online community. They can be found here.

Strictly speaking, they aren't canon - but they were considered canon when they first won their contests and were only decanonized because they weren't approved by Greg. Given that there is no Bionicle G1 canon that was introduced after these contests, in my opinion, they should be canon. Would you consider adding these stories into Biological Chronicle? Perhaps they could be placed as flashbacks in a 'complete' version of Book 10: Epilogue - although some might even be better suited to be included in a 'complete' version of Books 8 or 9, such as the Mahri Nui and Karda Nui entries.

Most of them appear to have lost their proper formatting over the years and may need to be corrected... I will almost certainly be fixing these up myself if I can't find another copy of them online.

Additionally - and I cannot remember if this was previously discussed - but is there any plan to include a novelization of the Search for the Mask of Light animations? I have been toying with the idea of writing a novelization of them myself (and hopefully my writing has improved in the last twelve months when I quickly scribbled down a Tales of the Tohunga novelization that, in hindsight, wasn't that great). Let me know what you think, if you like I will prioritize writing a draft of the first episode to see what you think. If not I might put it on the backburner and see if I get around to it in the next year sometime - but if you won't consider it for BC I will probably take liberties with the source material.

Stories I wrote

Short Stories:
The Great Takara          

Idk if you read the 2015 story Bible for G2, but it was intended to be connected with G1 throw the Vahi by some sort of Star Trek connection, that's how they called it. It would be in this same compilation or you would do a different one (IF you're intended to do so).If you need anything (I have the first 2 books of G2) just let me know!

I believe that at this point, it would be inadvisable to try a G2 compilation. The only reason this project isn't under a lawsuit for copyright is because the books were written years ago for a toy theme. Anything much more recent would be much more risky, with copyright on the material still being somewhat fresh.

What would you suppose would be a reasonable amount of time to avoid copyright issues? I really love and appreciate that all of you did this (especially since I can't find most of these books). I do however have all of the G2 books though (including graphic novels), and would love to try to contribute to this project in some way.

What would you suppose would be a reasonable amount of time to avoid copyright issues? I really love and appreciate that all of you did this (especially since I can't find most of these books). I do however have all of the G2 books though (including graphic novels), and would love to try to contribute to this project in some way.

Well, this topic was started over six years after G1 stopped recieving any official story updates, so it might be a while.

Yeah, I wouldn't expect something similar for G2 until at least 2020 at the earliest. If you want to contribute, you could always start converting the G2 books you own into digital text files, either by scanning them and using OCR or by manually typing them out. That way, if such a project does end up happening, you could provide the raw text as a base.

Also, happy one-year anniversary to the initial publication of this topic!

-L- to the -K-

Sometimes, I look at my desk, and think, "What am I doing with my life?"

Then, I go back to my videogames.

I used to be known as 'Gresh's Thornax...Ouchy!!!', before I realised what a silly name it was.

Other previous names include Lihkan435 and Chip Biscuit.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, everybody! I've been super busy with other stuff lately.

Good to see the project is still going well, just thought I'd bump the topic to avoid it dying.
That said, do you think the slower update schedule is indicative that editing is almost done?
I'm planning on having a hardcover copy made of each book (for personal use, not to sell  ;) ) but I wanna be sure that it won't be made obsolete by a newer edition mere days later.

I'm still proofreading everything myself, and won't feel super confident that (virtually) all issues are fixed until I have. There's also a couple things I still need to add to the Complete versions of Books 3 and 9 (though that won't affect you if you're planning to use the Standard versions, which I recommend).

Also, I intend to print copies for myself as well, but I'm planning to reformat them to be better for printing as books first (and to post those "book-format" versions here for others to use). I can't promise that I'll have that done anytime soon, though, so it's really up to you how long you're willing to wait!

"a giant wave that she had called forth only a moment before" - This contradicts Makuta's Revenge, where it's shown that Gali was trying to calm naturally-forming tides. I've changed 'had called forth' to 'could have stopped'

I'll just point out here that the text is actually from the Style Guide, not Makuta's Revenge. But the change you made is good.

By the way, I have one thing to point out from book 1:

Page 11: “So this is what I am meant to do”, she thought. “I am here to command the seas. But for what purpose?” - should be in italics

Thanks, I forgot that passage was inserted from the story bible. And that line is now fixed; thanks for the heads-up!

TuragaNuva, I was browsing Biosector today and I found a whopping fifteen fan-made stories that were planned to be canonized, but ultimately weren't due to Lego no longer authorizing Greg to interact with the online community. They can be found here.

Strictly speaking, they aren't canon - but they were considered canon when they first won their contests and were only decanonized because they weren't approved by Greg. Given that there is no Bionicle G1 canon that was introduced after these contests, in my opinion, they should be canon. Would you consider adding these stories into Biological Chronicle? Perhaps they could be placed as flashbacks in a 'complete' version of Book 10: Epilogue - although some might even be better suited to be included in a 'complete' version of Books 8 or 9, such as the Mahri Nui and Karda Nui entries.

Most of them appear to have lost their proper formatting over the years and may need to be corrected... I will almost certainly be fixing these up myself if I can't find another copy of them online.

Additionally - and I cannot remember if this was previously discussed - but is there any plan to include a novelization of the Search for the Mask of Light animations? I have been toying with the idea of writing a novelization of them myself (and hopefully my writing has improved in the last twelve months when I quickly scribbled down a Tales of the Tohunga novelization that, in hindsight, wasn't that great). Let me know what you think, if you like I will prioritize writing a draft of the first episode to see what you think. If not I might put it on the backburner and see if I get around to it in the next year sometime - but if you won't consider it for BC I will probably take liberties with the source material.

I've heard of these stories before, but haven't actually read them myself. The idea of including them in the "Complete" versions of books (or maybe even a separate version, since they aren't officially canon like everything else included in the Standard and Complete books is) sounds possible. I'm not committing to including them or not right now, but I will take a look at them and think it over.

As for the MoL Animations, I don't think a written version of them has been discussed. If it's something you're already planning to put together, I think I'd be interested in including it in an alternate version of Book 5.

Idk if you read the 2015 story Bible for G2, but it was intended to be connected with G1 throw the Vahi by some sort of Star Trek connection, that's how they called it. It would be in this same compilation or you would do a different one (IF you're intended to do so).If you need anything (I have the first 2 books of G2) just let me know!

I've seen that story bible, and it sounded like the connection was never meant to actually be explained: it was just having callbacks to G1 stuff, without any actual reason for them to be there. That tenuous of a connection doesn't seem like a good enough reason to include the G2 story as part of the G1 compilation to me (besides, if it were all just in one big chunk somewhere in the compilation, it might as well be its own compilation, right?).

I've tossed around the idea of making a G2 compilation (I also own all of the G2 books and graphic novels), but it feels unnecessary to me: I made this compilation primarily because it's very difficult for someone reading the G1 story now to know where to begin, what order to read things in, the precise places to stop reading one thing and start reading another, etc. But with G2, it's pretty simple to tell someone what order to read everything in: nothing really needs to be broken up or spliced together, and there's fewer than 10 total things to read/watch.

And, well:

I believe that at this point, it would be inadvisable to try a G2 compilation. The only reason this project isn't under a lawsuit for copyright is because the books were written years ago for a toy theme. Anything much more recent would be much more risky, with copyright on the material still being somewhat fresh.

^This. The G2 books can still be purchased, brand new, from places like Amazon and Barnes & Noble (note in the case of Amazon that this is stock coming directly from the publisher, not third-party sellers like the older Bionicle books on Amazon). Not only does this mean that Scholastic/Lego would care a lot more about those books being distributed online (especially since they would be almost entirely unmodified, since no splicing or rearranging would need to be done), but anyone wanting to read the G2 story can easily pick up those books. I'd much rather encourage people to buy the actual books, as long as the money's still going to Scholastic/Lego.

EDIT: Hey, I didn't even notice that the day I finally get around to responding to all the recent posts is the one-year anniversary of this topic. Hard to believe it's been so long already. Thanks to everyone who's helped improve this project over the past year!

Edited by TuragaNuva
  • Upvote 4

sigbanner.gif

Thanks for your continued hard work! If there's nothing else that covers the MoL animations, that's a pretty important chunk of story that definitely should be in the complete 5th book. I second including the not formally canonized story winners, though I understand some may dispute. I won't be torn up about it if they don't show up, but an option is always an apocryphal lost book with those stories (though I think an apocryphal tome would fit better if the normal books were devoid of fan-created content, which at this point is rather unfeasible and would further complicate an already complicated project).

After a short delve into copyright law, I found that a copyright holds importance for a period of 28 years. But as was stated earlier, the real cut-off is whenever Scholastic and Lego stop caring, which is probably going to be around four more years, minimum.

Happy one-year anniversary!  

Thanks for your continued hard work! If there's nothing else that covers the MoL animations, that's a pretty important chunk of story that definitely should be in the complete 5th book. I second including the not formally canonized story winners, though I understand some may dispute. I won't be torn up about it if they don't show up, but an option is always an apocryphal lost book with those stories (though I think an apocryphal tome would fit better if the normal books were devoid of fan-created content, which at this point is rather unfeasible and would further complicate an already complicated project).

Currently, the MoL animations are included in a sort of comic-style format: I took screenshots of major frames from the animations, and put them together as "comic pages" of a sort. It was the best way I could think of to include them.

I'll consider that suggestion when deciding what to do (or whether to do anything at all) with those fan-written stories. Technically, all fan-written stories currently included are officially canon, and any fan-written versions of existing story (such as the write-up Toatapio and I did of Quest for the Toa) are not included in the "Standard" versions of the compilation volumes. I think these non-canon stories (as close to canon as they may have been) are still distinct from the other fan-works currently included, and would at the very least need to be relegated to the "Complete" versions of the Books, if not to entirely separate versions.

Edited by TuragaNuva

sigbanner.gif

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, everybody! I've been super busy with other stuff lately.

I'm still proofreading everything myself, and won't feel super confident that (virtually) all issues are fixed until I have. There's also a couple things I still need to add to the Complete versions of Books 3 and 9 (though that won't affect you if you're planning to use the Standard versions, which I recommend).

Also, I intend to print copies for myself as well, but I'm planning to reformat them to be better for printing as books first (and to post those "book-format" versions here for others to use). I can't promise that I'll have that done anytime soon, though, so it's really up to you how long you're willing to wait!

I very much look forward to a printable text-only complete version that I hope to have bound in one book, which will likely need to have thinner Bible-style pages. I will be in contact with my local publisher to see what they need to make this possible.

I've mentioned this before, but I believe having a Contents page would be very valuable in navigating through the printed book. It could be as simple as listing the starting page of the 10 books, or be as complex as your GoogleDoc with the chapter list and what that chapter represents in the official Bionicle book/short story that's being extracted, but that is completely up to you.

Thanks again TuragaNuva and others for the hard work!