G2 Toa of Time

TuragaNuva

So, I just realized that, despite making this guy for a BZPower contest, I never made a topic for him.

This was my entry for the MOC category in The Legend Continues contest, titled "Bingzak, Toa of Time." I was going for what a G2 Toa of Time would look like, with the idea being that Bingzak would, similarly to Takua in G1, acquire a legendary mask and be transformed into a 7th Toa. The top half of the Mask of Time is from Shapeways.

collage_small.jpg

12 3 4 5 6

(I'll try to add some pictures from different angles later)

Since I was making an entry for every category of the contest (and was also busy with other things at the time), I was short on time and ended up building this guy in just a couple hours, which is why he's a little on the simple side. But overall, I'm decently pleased with how he turned out. Let me know your thoughts!

Edited by TuragaNuva
  • Upvote 7

sigbanner.gif

Wow this is super cool!  :bigeek:

Firstly let me say, I love the mask! How did you get the top half of the Vahi?

Secondly, I like the build of the character. The color looks a bit odd, with the gold and orange, not sure if those two go as well together (in my humble opinion) kinda like Mata Nui's gold and yellow look. All the same it looks fantastic, he looks very well thought out! :D

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

Wow this is super cool!  :bigeek:

Firstly let me say, I love the mask! How did you get the top half of the Vahi?

Secondly, I like the build of the character. The color looks a bit odd, with the gold and orange, not sure if those two go as well together (in my humble opinion) kinda like Mata Nui's gold and yellow look. All the same it looks fantastic, he looks very well thought out! :D

Thanks! The top half of the Vahi is from Shapeways, you can find it here.

I don't think the orange and gold look too bad together, but I probably would've ditched the orange if the Shapeways gold plastic color matched the gold Vahi. Since the orange on Shapeways and the orange Vahi matched much better, I went with that. But I still wanted to include gold, hence the final color scheme.

• Upvote 1

sigbanner.gif

Nice MOC.

I think the armour for the lower arms could of been the same and a redesign of the upper arms could make this MOC flow better.

I love the use of brick separators as detail pieces.

The legs look good the torso I feel like needs some filling in, near the waist/abs area.

Over all I really like the MOC.

Well done sir.

Edited by Chief TimeLord of Tesara

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Nice MOC.

I think the armour for the lower arms could of been the same and a redesign of the upper arms could make this MOC flow better.

The legs look good the torso I feel like needs some filling in, near the waist/abs area.

Well done sir.

Thanks. The idea with the upper arms was to create a similar look to the top of the Mask of Time, though I do think it could be improved. As for the lower arms... There's a good reason they're different. Check out picture 2 (linked under the main image).

sigbanner.gif

Nice MOC.

Well done sir.

Thanks. The idea with the upper arms was to create a similar look to the top of the Mask of Time, though I do think it could be improved. As for the lower arms... There's a good reason they're different. Check out picture 2 (linked under the main image).
Okay that looks cool.

I like that idea, maybe build more around the clock face to make it stand out as a shield more.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

• 1 month later...

A nice reimagining of an old and popular MOC concept. A pity Lego never saw fit to release their own G2 Vahi...

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

• 3 weeks later...