what Bionicle would you like to be for Halloween

Lenny7092

Hi, guys! Since Halloween is coming this month, what Bionicle character would you like to be for Halloween? I know that are costumes for a small number of characters, and costumes aren't made for other characters, but people make custom costumes to do cosplays, right? 

Anyway, for what I would want to dress as for Halloween, I would be Onua, Pohatu, Makuta Teridax, Takutanuva, Toa Onewa, Toa Nuparu, Krekka, Voporak, Reidak, Avak, Toa Hewkii, Toa Nuparu, Carapar, Chirox, Bitil, Tuma, Stronius, Mata Nui, Nektann, Lord of Skull Spiders, Skull Scorpio, Skull Basher, Kulta, Ekimu, Terak, Ketar, Melum, Umarak, and Quake Beast. :) I would also put a doll or something that represents an Elemental Creature on the back of my Toa Uniter or Umarak the Hunter costume if I want Terak to be on my Onua Uniter costume or Ketar on Pohatu.

So, what about you guys. What Bionicle character are you going to be for Halloween? That way, if you can make a costume, that will give you time to make a costume based on your character, so you can celebrate Halloween with it. Or, you could buy an existing costume if you want. Just giving an advice. :) 

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Hi, guys! Since Halloween is coming this month, what Bionicle character would you like to be for Halloween? I know that are costumes for a small number of characters, and costumes aren't made for other characters, but people make custom costumes to do cosplays, right?

Anyway, for what I would want to dress as for Halloween, I would be Onua, Pohatu, Makuta Teridax, Takutanuva, Toa Onewa, Toa Nuparu, Krekka, Voporak, Reidak, Avak, Toa Hewkii, Toa Nuparu, Carapar, Chirox, Bitil, Tuma, Stronius, Mata Nui, Nektann, Lord of Skull Spiders, Skull Scorpio, Skull Basher, Kulta, Ekimu, Terak, Ketar, Melum, Umarak, and Quake Beast. :) I would also put a doll or something that represents an Elemental Creature on the back of my Toa Uniter or Umarak the Hunter costume if I want Terak to be on my Onua Uniter costume or Ketar on Pohatu.

So, what about you guys. What Bionicle character are you going to be for Halloween? That way, if you can make a costume, that will give you time to make a costume based on your character, so you can celebrate Halloween with it. Or, you could buy an existing costume if you want. Just giving an advice. :)

lol I I'd go as umrak the hunter (again). I only have his horns if that counts

I once thought about making a Kopaka Master of Ice costume, so I might have to go with that. One nice thing about that is that if I managed it I could probably repurpose the shells as a template to use for costumes of other CCBS characters. It'd be a lot of work to make a costume I'm really satisfied with, though.

A Gali Master of Water costume could be just as cool if not cooler, since she's my favorite Bionicle G2 character and probably a bit closer to my proportions, but as a guy that would probably wind up confusing the many people who don't know Bionicle and already tend to assume any robot character without obvious breasts or a human-looking face is a man. And again, probably more work than I'm prepared to put in these days. :(

I actually had Vakama Hordika and Carapar costumes in the past, though I might call the second one a cosplay instead due to the level of detail (what's the differentiating factor between the two?). The Vakama one was pretty poor, though I did toss it together in the span of a single afternoon. I used the large red Hau from the Battle of Metru Nui playset on my face (the indent for the rhotuka made that a pain), used the official foam flame-sword prop, dressed up in appropriate colors and made some armor from cardboard.

Now Carapar was a whole different story, and apologies if I ramble. I made a proper helmet with an accurately shaped head out of cardboard and polystyrene, the latter of which I cut by extending a piece of metal wire over a table so that it is taunt and running current through it to heat it up. I made his large pincer (unfortunately not movable) and an honest-to-god freaking squidlauncher too, though it could not shoot the squid (inb4 jokes about that being accurate). Underneath I wore black pants and an almost color accurate dark orange long sleeve over which went various bits of armor fashioned out of card and poly. I tried to hide my hands with Y-joint shaped gauntlets with holes for the fingers and everything was painted to match the set. I has hugely proud of that particular getup.

And honestly the Barraki seem like great choices for Halloween costumes. That said, I probably would go for a Panrahk or Antroz, the latter of which would also pass for a heavily stylized fantasy devil. 

:kakama:

• Upvote 1

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

I actually had Vakama Hordika and Carapar costumes in the past, though I might call the second one a cosplay instead due to the level of detail (what's the differentiating factor between the two?). The Vakama one was pretty poor, though I did toss it together in the span of a single afternoon. I used the large red Hau from the Battle of Metru Nui playset on my face (the indent for the rhotuka made that a pain), used the official foam flame-sword prop, dressed up in appropriate colors and made some armor from cardboard.

Now Carapar was a whole different story, and apologies if I ramble. I made a proper helmet with an accurately shaped head out of cardboard and polystyrene, the latter of which I cut by extending a piece of metal wire over a table so that it is taunt and running current through it to heat it up. I made his large pincer (unfortunately not movable) and an honest-to-god freaking squidlauncher too, though it could not shoot the squid (inb4 jokes about that being accurate). Underneath I wore black pants and an almost color accurate dark orange long sleeve over which went various bits of armor fashioned out of card and poly. I tried to hide my hands with Y-joint shaped gauntlets with holes for the fingers and everything was painted to match the set. I has hugely proud of that particular getup.

And honestly the Barraki seem like great choices for Halloween costumes. That said, I probably would go for a Panrahk or Antroz, the latter of which would also pass for a heavily stylized fantasy devil. 

:kakama:

That sounds freakin awesome. 

I would have killed to have something like that as a kid :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No way I could have pulled it off without absurd amounts of money, but to be Dark Lord Makuta (the G2 Titan/combiner model) would be amazing.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge