Set Review: 75528 Rey

Rey face

With her debut two years ago in The Force Awakens, the LEGO Rey buildable figure was one of the only Rey action figures on toy store shelves. Now she's back with a new look for The Last Jedi, and holding an all-important lightsaber. Does this set meet our expectations before the new movie, or does she need more Jedi training? Read and watch the review by BZP Reporter ChocolateFrogs to find out.

View the full article

• Upvote 1

It looks good! However, I'll have to pass, because I already have the first Rey figure. I would like to get that new head mold on it's own though - the only problem I have with the old Rey is that the face is really small compared to all the other non-helmeted figures.

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

Good review! I definitely plan to pick this one up. Her build is perhaps not as unique as last year's Rey figure, due to using a more conventional torso shell and a textile element that doesn't cover as much of the body, but I like that we finally get a female head without headgear, and that her arm shells now show her shoulders like her outfit does in the movie. The face is very good, although printed freckles might improve it.

I wish the textile element worked better here, and in your photos I also feel like it's not a great color match to the other Dark Stone Grey parts. I don't really mind the boots being longer than they are in the movie, though. I think it gets the idea across that they're boots. It's nice that she implements some System curves on the back of her shins, something the previous Rey figure notably lacked compared to other figures from the same wave.

I managed to pick up a Jyn Erso torso shell at BrickFair and while the jacket print in that set was sub-par, I love the mold's smooth shape and understated curves, and the print in this set works a lot better.

Thanks for the great review! Very concise, and straight to the point, it was. I still feel that Lego needs to either re-introduce feet molds, or create new ones, because the Hero 2.0 feet look awkward on her. Would Metru feet look more appropriate, do you think?

MVT Lego Space Galactic Cruiser

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/593592ef-5da6-4a2a-9422-a17e0f8438ea

Please help and support this project! Your contribution is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks for the great review! Very concise, and straight to the point, it was. I still feel that Lego needs to either re-introduce feet molds, or create new ones, because the Hero 2.0 feet look awkward on her. Would Metru feet look more appropriate, do you think?

I can't see how robotic-looking Metru feet (pistons and all) would look better. The 2.0 Hero Feet may arguably be due for a replacement, but at least they're solid enough to convey the idea of actual clothing (particularly with the gaps near the ball cup filled in, as they are on most of the Star Wars figures).

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I can't see how robotic-looking Metru feet (pistons and all) would look better. The 2.0 Hero Feet may arguably be due for a replacement, but at least they're solid enough to convey the idea of actual clothing (particularly with the gaps near the ball cup filled in, as they are on most of the Star Wars figures).

I think you're absolutely correct about the Metru feet, as it would look remarkably out of place. I just can't shake the feeling that the reason that the 2.0 Hero feet fit the clothing aesthetic is because that's all we've seen thus far used in this regard. 

MVT Lego Space Galactic Cruiser

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/593592ef-5da6-4a2a-9422-a17e0f8438ea

Please help and support this project! Your contribution is greatly appreciated.