Broken 2.0 Parts

{Con Quy}

Nope, and I don't think I ever will.

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

They're oissubky the sturdiest kind of Lego piece I've ever come across. As such, none have broken, and I don't forsee any breaking.-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

Actually, yes - one of Stormer's lower legs broke apart - half of the socket just cracked off, quite cleanly and all at once.This might be a side effect of how whenever my brother and I act out fight scenes with them, the scenes tend to lead to "I took it... AND THREW IT ON THE GROUND!!!"

Actually, yes - one of Stormer's lower legs broke apart - half of the socket just cracked off, quite cleanly and all at once.This might be a side effect of how whenever my brother and I act out fight scenes with them, the scenes tend to lead to "I took it... AND THREW IT ON THE GROUND!!!"

The original Stormer, or his 2.0 / 3.0 version?-Mesonak Edited by Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

The original Stormer, or his 2.0 / 3.0 version?-Mesonak
Well, it being a topic on 2.0 parts, I'm referring to his 2.0 form. Also lower leg only exists as a discrete part in 2.0/3.0 form.

Well, it being a topic on 2.0 parts, I'm referring to his 2.0 form. Also lower leg only exists as a discrete part in 2.0/3.0 form.
I'm actually surprised that happened. He shouldn't mistreat sets like that. Sure these new joints are somewhat made for rough play but still.

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

All my parts remain intact. I don't foresee any of them breaking in the near future. They're made of some sturdy plastic.

They're made of the same ABS plastic (or in the case of transparent parts, polycarbonate plastic) as any joint pieces before them. The design is what's sturdier, not the material.None of mine have even showed any sign of breaking. Pity the same can't be said of the Y-joints in my Jetbug set, which was from an early production run and thus used the 2008-2010 style of joints. :closedeyes:

No, none. The new socket joints are very durable, thus, no more broken parts. Yayz.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

• 2 weeks later...

Spotted fractures in the ankle sockets of Furno 2.0 early this morning. The sides of the socket are not in any danger of breaking though.

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Actually, my first Evo 2.0 upper arm piece broke off.must be because i kept breaking it off mixing him with other sets.

But the parts were made to be taken off and on...? :P I guess a bit too much could do some damage, but that seems to be such a rarity.And no, not one parts has cracked :)

doom4revalt.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Could anyone with broken 2.0 joints provide pics? I'd like to see just how bad these can break.I dropped Rocka down the stairs by accident on the day I got him. The joints popped off quite easily (I doubt older sockets would have done that), but they weren't damaged in the slightest. It's probably better that their connection is slightly looser, cause that softenes impact should a model fall over.Even if they can break, I gotta say the newest joints are the strongest yet. If this were 2007, this topic would be filled with people reporting broken sockets. :P

Edited by Chols

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

I'm actually surprised that happened. He shouldn't mistreat sets like that. Sure these new joints are somewhat made for rough play but still.
They can break? Those things are practically indestructible! And come to think of it, from 2007 up till HF 2.0, the joints were pretty fragile.

aouROFb.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't had any of my 2.0 or 3.0 pieces break, but I do know that the 1.0 parts were prone to breaking. In my opinion, LEGO did a good job redesigning the Y-joints so that they rarely break.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

• 2 weeks later...

Heh... I don't need YOUR handouts!Anyways, Yeah none of my parts have broken, and it hopefully stays that way!

My first (and currently ONLY) MOC on BZP! >

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=5426

PLAGUE

14780599_c638_625x625.jpg

Avatar pic taken [and edited] by me. DON"T STEAL IT!

:P