No New Packs Coming for LEGO Dimensions

After the rumors that had been swirling around for months, the LEGO Dimensions Twitter account has officially announced that there will be no more packs produced for the game. Existing packs will still be available and the backend infrastructure will remain in place for the game to work for the foreseeable future. It's sad news for fans of the title, but hopefully it means the TT Games will be able to focus more on making awesome, single-IP titles like the upcoming LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2!

View the full article

‪What? Nooooooooooooooooooooo! My expanding-more-in-LD dreams have been crushed! There’s so much more that LD could do! I mean, I wished and hoped that Lego Dimensions would include these franchises in Year 3:

1. Marvel (TT Games makes those)

2. Star Wars (TT Games makes those)

3. Indiana Jones (TT Games made those)

4. Bionicle

5. Hero Factory

6. Nexo Knights

7. Steven Universe

8. Pixar movies worked with Disney

9. Shrek

10. Angry Birds

11. Hotel Transylvania

12. Ice Age movies in 2002-2016

13. Dexter's Laboratory

14. Other Cartoon Network shows (Mainly OK K.O., The Secret Saturdays, Samurai Jack, Regular Show, and Codename: Kids Next Door)

15. How to Train Your Dragon movies

16. Xialon Showdown

17. Madagascar

18. Kung Fu Panda

19. Captain Underpants (I loved the movie)

20. Classic Disney movies and Kingdom Hearts (You could combine them, though)

21. Mixels

22. Disney Channel and Disney XD TV shows (Mainly Kim Possible, American Dragon, Phineas & Ferb)

23. Ben 10 (Lego made sets for it)

24. The Hobbit movies in 2012-2014

There are other franchises in mind, which I'm not sure, but I would like Lego Dimensions to include:

1. Nickelodeon shows (mainly SpongeBob SquarePants (Lego made sets for it), Avatar: The Last Airbender (Lego made sets for it), The Legend of Korra, Fairly Odd Parents, Jimmy Neutron and Planet Sheen, Danny Phantom, My Life as a Teenage Robot, Barnyard, T.U.F.F. Puppy, Bunsen is a Beast, Breadwinners, Henry Danger, and The Thundermans)

2. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Lego made sets for it)

3. Transformers (It needs to get out often now)

4. Despicable Me

I know that's a lot, but if Lego Dimensions continues successfully, it could have Years 3-4-5.

Now that Lego Dimensions has been ended, my hopes an dreams for it have been crushed, as I said, and that broke my heart.:( (crying in tears of sadness)

But, I enjoyed the existing packs.:)

Aw, man. First Bionicle G1, then Hero Factory, then Legends of Chima, then Bionicle G2, then Mixels, then The Lego Ninjago Movie, and now this. I think Nexo Knights will become the next victim of having tragic problems next year in this decade. Man, this decade wasn’t good for these Lego things.:( (Sorry about that, it’s just that I’m extremely sad about Lego Dimensions ending.)

Well, we could enjoy Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 When it comes out.:)

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Well there's that.  I've already said my 'so long and thanks for all the minifigs' in a previous thread.  I appreciate that WB Games and TT said so flat out instead of leaving it dangling.  Closure is good. 

One group does deserve a special recognition.  Whoever in the Intellectual Properties dvision who managed to wrangle 31 different properties for this game.  While LotR and DC are in house, getting Universal to let you play with Back to the Future and ET or Valve to make a Portal game or Sega a Sonic game out of their properties.  Which ever company employed that person(s) give them a raise and keep them on for as long as you can. 

"Honor those the dragons heed, in thought and favor, word and deed"

"Worlds are lost and worlds are saved, from those dangers dragons brave"

qs3174.jpg

The AFOLs just had to pat themselves on the back for predicting Dimension's downfall early, I guess. (I mean, some of them have been doing that since March.) Meanwhile, I still have plenty of levels left, so still some fun left to be had in this game.

:music:

• Upvote 1

So, what are we at now? Five online Lego games that have been canceled much too early in their lifespan? I can't say I cared for the past four, but it seems to be some type of trend for Lego. Why can't they keep these things running? Are they really not making that much in sales? 

67685335.jpg             

So, what are we at now? Five online Lego games that have been canceled much too early in their lifespan? I can't say I cared for the past four, but it seems to be some type of trend for Lego. Why can't they keep these things running? Are they really not making that much in sales?

Not only that, other Lego-related stuff aren’t doing so well in this decade. Here’s the list:

1. Legends of Chima

2. Bionicle in general

3. Hero Factory

4. Ninjago’s TV Season 7

5. Nexo Knights

6. Lego Atlantis in 2010

7. Constraction in general

8. Lego Pharaoh’s Quest in 2011

9. Lego The Adventures of Clutch Powers in 2010

10. Lego Alien Conquest in 2011

11. Lego Dino Attack in 2012

12. Lego Monster Fighters in 2012

13. Lego Galaxy Squad in 2012

14. Lego City Undercover in 2013

15. Lego Power Miners in 2009

16. Mixels

17. Lego Space Police in 2009

18. Lego Ultra Agents in 2014

19. The Lego Ninjago Movie in this year

20. Lego Dimensions

There you go. This decade isn’t a very good time for these themes. Most of them died.:(

I sort of dropped out when they started having non-general retail characters. I wouldn't have minded if they were just exclusive versions of the characters, but they had to have entire characters locked behind exclusivity. The inclusion of Supergirl only in the rerelease of the PS version felt very consumer unfriendly, and I could not get the Green Arrow figure anywhere. 

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

No Vortech figure?

Pre-forums purge sig kept for historical purposes:

Some cool Bionicles are the combiners. Example: Toa Jovan

I've built a Krahka with 5 Toa Metru & Toa Norik, adding parts I needed to Norik. It needs 11 blue pieces (the ones that have +&O ends) but there's only 10 in all the Toa Metru sets. Do I have to attach her launcher to her arm? Please PM me if you can help me.

http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=309724

So, what are we at now? Five online Lego games that have been canceled much too early in their lifespan? I can't say I cared for the past four, but it seems to be some type of trend for Lego. Why can't they keep these things running? Are they really not making that much in sales?

Not only that, other Lego-related stuff aren’t doing so well in this decade. Here’s the list:

1. Legends of Chima

2. Bionicle in general

3. Hero Factory

4. Ninjago’s TV Season 7

5. Nexo Knights

6. Lego Atlantis in 2010

16. Mixels

20. Lego Dimensions

There you go. This decade isn’t a very good time for these themes. Most of them died. :(

You brought those up in another thread at one point, but of your list, most are not in fact "failures" by any reasonable definition (I've bolded some of the most egregious inclusions, some where there's no reasonable evidence that they underperformed and some (Atlantis, Power Miners) where we definitively know that they EXCEEDED initial expectations. Not to mention ones that DID underperform compared to initial expectations but still had long, respectable lifespans (Legends of Chima, Hero Factory). The vast majority of Lego themes are designed to end—if they weren't, it would be impossible for Lego to continue introducing new product lines and concepts. Lego would be in far worse shape if they didn't take measured risks on new endeavors, many of which DO pay off.

Case in point, this list also glosses over the huge number of successful new endeavors over the past decade, including Ninjago, Friends, Ideas, Architecture, Elves, The Lego Movie, the Collectible Minifigures, DC AND Marvel Super Heroes, Disney Princess, Minecraft... the list goes on and on.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

1. Legends of Chima

2. Bionicle in general

3. Hero Factory

4. Ninjago’s TV Season 7

5. Nexo Knights

6. Lego Atlantis in 2010

16. Mixels

20. Lego Dimensions

There you go. This decade isn’t a very good time for these themes. Most of them died. :(

You brought those up in another thread at one point, but of your list, most are not in fact "failures" by any reasonable definition (I've bolded some of the most egregious inclusions, some where there's no reasonable evidence that they underperformed and some (Atlantis, Power Miners) where we definitively know that they EXCEEDED initial expectations. Not to mention ones that DID underperform compared to initial expectations but still had long, respectable lifespans (Legends of Chima, Hero Factory). The vast majority of Lego themes are designed to end—if they weren't, it would be impossible for Lego to continue introducing new product lines and concepts. Lego would be in far worse shape if they didn't take measured risks on new endeavors, many of which DO pay off.

Case in point, this list also glosses over the huge number of successful new endeavors over the past decade, including Ninjago, Friends, Ideas, Architecture, Elves, The Lego Movie, the Collectible Minifigures, DC AND Marvel Super Heroes, Disney Princess, Minecraft... the list goes on and on.

Well, I brought that up again because this decade, including this year, is getting sadder and sadder as the Lego things aren't doing so well. Lego Dimensions became a new one of them, and Nexo Knights may most likely be next. You see, I brought those depressing things up because things keep getting negative-to-mixed reviews, didn't live up to fans' expectations while they look ver cool and promising, the sets and media aren't equal to each other in many ways while they are too little promoted or not promoted at all, and Lego has trouble with priorities. Plus, these things have potential to have a lot more than what they have and a lot of interesting things, like stories expanding and TV shows to promote them, but these expectations never became true, and their potential is never used much. Plus, some of them have stories which are left unresolved in many ways. True, some of them did more than what they needed to do, like Power Miners and Atlantis, but ending them without using their potential to make them better or do other expected things is not a good idea. This is very upsetting and depressing when you look at them.:( 

For the last paragraph, at least those Lego things that you mentioned are doing fine, like The Lego Movie in 2014 and The Lego Batman Movie in this year.:) 

No Vortech figure?

Nope, it seems.:(

So, what are we at now? Five online Lego games that have been canceled much too early in their lifespan? I can't say I cared for the past four, but it seems to be some type of trend for Lego. Why can't they keep these things running? Are they really not making that much in sales? 

Oh, by the game, Lego Dimensions is not an online game, but I get how you feel. I miss Lego Legends of China Online Game, too.:(

Well, I brought that up again because this decade, including this year, is getting sadder and sadder as the Lego things aren't doing so well. Lego Dimensions became a new one of them, and Nexo Knights may most likely be next. You see, I brought those depressing things up because things keep getting negative-to-mixed reviews, didn't live up to fans' expectations while they look ver cool and promising, the sets and media aren't equal to each other in many ways while they are too little promoted or not promoted at all, and Lego has trouble with priorities. Plus, these things have potential to have a lot more than what they have and a lot of interesting things, like stories expanding and TV shows to promote them, but these expectations never became true, and their potential is never used much. Plus, some of them have stories which are left unresolved in many ways. True, some of them did more than what they needed to do, like Power Miners and Atlantis, but ending them without using their potential to make them better or do other expected things is not a good idea. This is very upsetting and depressing when you look at them. :(

The problem is that your metric for "not doing so well" seems skewed. Like, Nexo Knights has already been successful. Chances are it's not going to become an evergreen hit like Ninjago did, but there's no reason to think it should, or that that's the benchmark for success. And you're really treating themes like Power Miners and Atlantis as if they were failures just because they could have done more or done things better? I hate to break it to you, but even if a toy line continues for years and years, there will never stop being more things it could have done or ways it could have done things better. If you expect perfect satisfaction, treat anything that disappoints you in any way as a failure, and outright ignore how many successes there have been in the meantime, then of course you're going to see failure everywhere you look.

Take a step back and you'll realize that by the high standards you've imposed, there has never been a time in the LEGO Group's (or any large toy company's) history that wasn't rife with disappointment. It's hardly a "this decade" problem. Like, do you have any idea how many short-lived themes, unresolved storylines, cancelled or failed media endeavors, and actual unsuccessful products there were during Bionicle G1's heyday from 2001–2010, or even before that? The fact that LEGO is still around today and stronger than they've been at most points in their history should be enough to tell you that their successes outweigh their failures.

Beyond that, the nature of risk-taking is that there's never any guarantee that those risks will pan out. And sometimes, whether they do or not is entirely out of the LEGO Group's control. If they weren't prepared for that possibility than a lot of these riskier initiatives like LEGO Dimensions or LEGO Universe never would have existed in the first place.

• Upvote 1

Well, I brought that up again because this decade, including this year, is getting sadder and sadder as the Lego things aren't doing so well. Lego Dimensions became a new one of them, and Nexo Knights may most likely be next. You see, I brought those depressing things up because things keep getting negative-to-mixed reviews, didn't live up to fans' expectations while they look ver cool and promising, the sets and media aren't equal to each other in many ways while they are too little promoted or not promoted at all, and Lego has trouble with priorities. Plus, these things have potential to have a lot more than what they have and a lot of interesting things, like stories expanding and TV shows to promote them, but these expectations never became true, and their potential is never used much. Plus, some of them have stories which are left unresolved in many ways. True, some of them did more than what they needed to do, like Power Miners and Atlantis, but ending them without using their potential to make them better or do other expected things is not a good idea. This is very upsetting and depressing when you look at them. :(

The problem is that your metric for "not doing so well" seems skewed. Like, Nexo Knights has already been successful. Chances are it's not going to become an evergreen hit like Ninjago did, but there's no reason to think it should, or that that's the benchmark for success. And you're really treating themes like Power Miners and Atlantis as if they were failures just because they could have done more or done things better? I hate to break it to you, but even if a toy line continues for years and years, there will never stop being more things it could have done or ways it could have done things better. If you expect perfect satisfaction, treat anything that disappoints you in any way as a failure, and outright ignore how many successes there have been in the meantime, then of course you're going to see failure everywhere you look.

Take a step back and you'll realize that by the high standards you've imposed, there has never been a time in the LEGO Group's (or any large toy company's) history that wasn't rife with disappointment. It's hardly a "this decade" problem. Like, do you have any idea how many short-lived themes, unresolved storylines, cancelled or failed media endeavors, and actual unsuccessful products there were during Bionicle G1's heyday from 2001–2010, or even before that? The fact that LEGO is still around today and stronger than they've been at most points in their history should be enough to tell you that their successes outweigh their failures.

Beyond that, the nature of risk-taking is that there's never any guarantee that those risks will pan out. And sometimes, whether they do or not is entirely out of the LEGO Group's control. If they weren't prepared for that possibility than a lot of these riskier initiatives like LEGO Dimensions or LEGO Universe never would have existed in the first place.

Well, maybe you could be right. You see, to be more specific, I was concerned about these themes because: 

1. Legends of Chima may have lasted three years (that's fine), but the show lasted for two years weirdly (Shouldn't it have lasted three, like the toy line? Seems too early), and it has mixed reviews by Lego fans. 

2. Bionicle - this decade doesn't seem to be a decade for Bionicle. G1 and G2 ended in a terrible way. It's like The Amazing Spider-Man movies in 2012 and 2014 all over again. :( Plus, there are a lot of unresolved stuff from Bionicle. Also, in G2, how the corrupted masks and villains are poorly handled, and there is no Makuta set, Mask of Ultimate Power in set form, or a planned third year for Bionicle G2. Plus, putting a TV show in Netflix and having those online animations in 2015 are bad ideas because they all rush things (Why not make a 3-D animated TV show in Cartoon Network or Disney XD that tells both the 2015 and 2016 storylines?). 

3. Hero Factory is a sort of troubled. I mean, the TV show is completely a series of eleven TV specials that lasted four years (Why not make the TV show a real-looking TV show that is similar to Ninjago by the number of episodes per season?). Some characters released in sets are not used, not every set appeared in the show completely, that Invasion From Below being terrible and having not being played in television, a lot of underused characters, no DVD releases for Episodes 8-11, the disappearance of Jimi Stringer and Julius Nex after 2011 and 2012, a live-action Hero Factory movie not being made, media being poorly handled, character development sort of need some work, and, of course, unresolved stuff. Lego had been missing some stuff, and that makes a lot of Hero Factory stuff look incomplete. :(

4. Constraction in general - this decade isn't good for the constraction category. First, Bionicle G1 ended in 2010 with tiny set figures. Then, Hero Factory was sort of poorly handled. Next, Bionicle G2 ran for only two years, from 2015 to 2016. Right now, after G2, we don't have a constraction theme, with an original story by Lego, replacing G2. We only got a few Star Wars constraction sets. As much as there is no replacement theme for G2, I doubt that there will be that in next year. Plus, the media for the purely-constraction themes are poorly handled. Thus, constraction in general is suffering a Dark Age or Great Depression in this decade. :( (To be honest, I think Bionicle G2 is replaced by a non-constraction theme called Brick-Heads this year.) 

5. Power Miners (a theme about fighting about Rock Monsters) - less sets and promoting media in 2010 than 2009. We got the comics, but I would like the theme to have a special to tell the story. Make that two for the 2009 storyline and the 2010 storyline. I said that because this theme looks so interesting that I feel that it would have the potential to have those things. I mean, I like funny Rock and Lava Monsters in the promotional videos. 

6. Atlantis (a theme about finding the city of Atlantis) - that TV special in 2010 lacked many sets in there, and there is no sequel in 2011 since the theme continued there. Plus, I remembered reading a comic in a Lego Magazine in 2011 where the theme (lasted two years) made a crossover with many other themes, Power Miners (well, one hero from PM joined the team, and it lasted for two years), Pharaoh's Quest in 2011 (lasted one half of a year), Alien Conquest in 2011 (lasted one half of a year), and Dino Attack in 2012 (lasted one half of a year). All of these themes are set in the same universe, similar to the Avengers movie in 2012, where many villains from the themes work together to take over the world, and there have been a lot of story connections revealed along the way. Too bad of these themes ended with the unresolved story that they have together, which didn't end. The bad guys are still doing evil stuff while they aren't stopped. :( All of these themes could've have a direct-to-video movie or special about this. 

7. Monster Fighters - lasted for one half of a year, which is 2012. :( However, in a comic in a Lego Magazine in 2012 where the theme made a crossover with another theme called Galaxy Squad in 2013 (lasted for a year). Again, they both have a story with a connection because when that vampire from MF made his tower shoot a beam of light by accident, which attracted the bug guys from GS and they plan to invade the world with the beam. Too bad that both themes ended with their story being unresolved. :( Again, they could've have a series of two direct-to-video movies or specials, one in each theme. 

8. Mixels - not all Mixels are equal by media. There is a lot of character development need to be improved. Suddenly, there is a lot of rushing and cramming. Two major characters, like Major Nixels and Booger, never had their own sets. There are a lot of things missing, too, like not putting Mixels from Series 4-9 in an app game called Calling All Mixels in 2014, not putting all Mixels from Series 1-3 and Mixels from Series 7-9 in another app game in 2015 called Mixels Rush, and there is no other Mixels app game in 2016. The shorts are a much better choice than specials. The shorts could've shown all of the Mixels, and the specials would just be a side thing. It's barely a Cartoon Network show. Thus, a lot of things in the Mixels franchise as a whole are poorly handled. Some of the Mixels has weird designs in their sets. 

9. Ninjago Season 7 - My friend told me that something in the season is missing, like some unresolved stuff or something. Plus, it has the least amount of views than the other seasons. 

10. Nexo Knights - The TV show and app game called Merlok 2.0 don't have every big thing of the sets, and they both don't get all of the sets right. The TV show never showed all of the Forbidden Powers in existence (but the app game did for the most part while the show has some exclusives). Plus, not all of Monstrox's evil spell books are featured in the 2016 sets. The TV show had some things to work on, like some character development. That short sculptor played a major role in the TV show's Seasons 3 and 4, but he never appeared in the 2017 sets. Also, the show is having mixed reviews by the fans, and it is getting less viewers throughout its run. I have a feeling that the theme is going to end next year because of decreasing value. I also wish that the Nexo Knights' world could have been one of the original Ninjago franchise's Fourteen Realms because it has some interesting evidence that it could be.  

11. Lego Dimensions - Again, my adding-more-franchises-that-I-like dream for the video game have been crushed.  

12. Lego: The Adventures of Clutch Powers in 2010 - It has some unresolved things, and never got a sequel for no reason. It did well, so why that? 

13. Lego City Undercover in 2013 - I know that we got a remastered version of it this year, but there are an unresolved thing in the video game, which is one of the main guys still on the loose, and the game never got a sequel. 

14. Lego Space Police in 2009 and 2010 - Probably. It seems to be a good theme. I think that the theme may have a potential to tell an actual story through a medium, like a TV show or a TV special, but too bad that the theme lasted for two years. :( This is because I like that there are several villains teaming up to fight the Space Police, similar to the villains in Hero Factory. 

15. Lego Ultra Agents in 2014-2015 - Same as Lego Space Police. :( It's very interesting that there's this villain who can turn people into more villains. 

16. The Lego Ninjago Movie - You know, having mixed reviews, even though that I thought that it was awesome and beautiful. 

You see, Lego hasn't used these things' potentials. I mean, in this decade, I think we are in Lego's golden age of releasing movies, shows, and specials based on Lego themes, so that's why I'm saying this. I can be a bit of a perfectionist, but whatever I find interesting about them, I always dream, hope, and wish that they can have a potential to be either successful or just use a goo medium to tell a good story, something like that, so my dreams, hopes, and wishes can be fulfilled. It's just that I like these Lego themes. Good thing that there are some strong themes, like Ninjago, DC and Marvel Super Heroes, and Star Wars. Why can't some of them (most likely Bionicle and Hero Factory) be like those successful themes? Well, I know that Lego is successful in this decade, but it has a lot of things in its mind in this decade and seems to have trouble getting its priorities straight. 

I think it would be better if Lego would have give the themes good stories, resolve the unresolved parts in there, put more media to the themes that either don't have enough media or don't have it at all, have the media promote of their themes' sets very well, and wrap up the stories with good conclusions (Don't we all want that?) before Lego could move on to new themes. It would take one-to-three years to do so (Except for Bionicle and Hero Factory, which we expect more). 

I know there have been themes, before and during Bionicle G1's toy line's run, that have problems, like Exo-Force, but these themes ended before this decade, and Lego wasn't big on media yet. In this decade, Lego is now, so that's why I said all of these things because when Lego is able to do these amazing things, we always hope and wish that the themes that I like can get them.

Edited by Lenny7092

(Removed huge post, but I am centering on one small part of it)

I'm going to defend Alien Conquest as it's one of my favourite themes.

AC was not a failure, it only ran for a short time because Monster Fighters was filling it's slot, it was in fact going to return in 2013 as it was well liked by fans, but it was decided that it would be confusing if a theme went away for a year so the plot for 2013 was reworked into Galaxy Squad.

I think what I wrote above is accurate but I read that report awhile ago now so I'm sure Aanchir can add to it because he is very knowledgeable on themes and colours :)

My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClo2J14RKmVtcnoJTv7g6PA , Bionicle films coming soon!

(Removed huge post, but I am centering on one small part of it)

I'm going to defend Alien Conquest as it's one of my favourite themes.

AC was not a failure, it only ran for a short time because Monster Fighters was filling it's slot, it was in fact going to return in 2013 as it was well liked by fans, but it was decided that it would be confusing if a theme went away for a year so the plot for 2013 was reworked into Galaxy Squad.

I think what I wrote above is accurate but I read that report awhile ago now so I'm sure Aanchir can add to it because he is very knowledgeable on themes and colours :)

I’m not saying that the themes in my list are failures (For example, I remember Lego saying in Twitter that Bionicle G2 was successful right before Lego cancelled it for some reason). All of the themes in my list are good and look exciting, and I feel that they have the potential to do more and something good or better, but Lego doesn’t have time to use their potential. It always focuses on different things that may be exciting like the ones in my list. I wish that Lego could’ve focused more on these themes, in my opinion.

However, Lego does utilize pieces from the themes in my list to try make these new themes look cool in their own right.

For Lego Dimensions, well, Lego seems to have focused on some video games, which are Lego Worlds, the remaster of Lego City Undercover, The Lego Ninjago Movie video game, and Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2, which might explain how Lego Dimensions got less and less packs and then ended. Again, all of this may be Lego’s prioritizing.

Edited by Lenny7092

For Lego Dimensions, well, Lego seems to have focused on some video games, which are Lego Worlds, the remaster of Lego City Undercover, The Lego Ninjago Movie video game, and Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2, which might explain how Lego Dimensions got less and less packs and then ended. Again, all of this may be Lego’s prioritizing.

In some of those cases I think it might have been the other way around. For example, if LEGO Dimensions had been doing well enough to garner more attention, then The LEGO Ninjago Movie almost certainly would have been turned into a story pack like the LEGO Batman Movie one. The fact that it got a full game instead suggests to me that by that point Tt Games had already made the decision to start winding LEGO Dimensions down.

Also, I wouldn't read too much into Chima getting "mixed reception from LEGO fans". Pretty much ANYTHING new gets mixed reception from LEGO fans. To this day, there are loads of AFOLs who despise super-popular themes like Technic, Star Wars, Bionicle, Friends, and Ninjago, just because they feel different from the traditional themes like Town, Castle, Space, and Pirates that they grew up with. For that matter, I've encountered numerous AFOLs who can't stand Technic, despite it being even older than Pirates, because it feels too detached from basic stud-based LEGO building. I doubt there will ever be a new theme that isn't hated by some segment of the AFOL community. But that's OK, because most of the bigger themes aren't aimed at AFOLs in the first place.

The only series of LEGO sets that seems to be almost universally beloved by AFOLs seems to be the modular buildings. And even then, they often bicker about the merits of the individual sets, or try to insist that the ones they don't like aren't "real" modular buildings.

Seriously people: Lego Dimensions isn't a portent of Lego's supposed troubles. It's simply another reminder that toys-to-life was a fad, one destined to be short lived. I'm personally happy that Traveler's Tales is going back to the old style of game, where you pay 60 dollars and get to unlock all the characters without having to buy 50 bazillion individual toys.

(Too bad the overpriced DLC character packs are here to stay. Warner Brothers Interactive is easily one of the worst publishers in the gaming industry. It'll never happen now, but wouldn't it have been awesome if Traveler's Tales had been bought by TLG after the success of the Lego Star Wars game, so they have could developed all the Lego games in house and not be permanently shackled to such a terrible company like WB?)

Edited by Zarkan: Master of Storms

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

Seriously people: Lego Dimensions isn't a portent of Lego's supposed troubles. It's simply another reminder that toys-to-life was a fad, one destined to be short lived. I'm personally happy that Traveler's Tales is going back to the old style of game, where you pay 60 dollars and get to unlock all the characters without having to buy 50 bazillion individual toys.

(Too bad the overpriced DLC character packs are here to stay. Warner Brothers Interactive is easily one of the worst publishers in the gaming industry. It'll never happen now, but wouldn't it have been awesome if Traveler's Tales had been bought by TLG after the success of the Lego Star Wars game, so they have could developed all the Lego games in house and not be permanently shackled to such a terrible company like WB?)

Well, usually, toy-to-life stuff, like Lego Dimensions are short-lived. I can what you mean. To be honest, when the game came out, part of me wasn’t interested because you have to buy packs with a lot of money in order to play them and complete things in the game. It’s just that the packs are expensive. However, since they have some interesting things, like being a TT Lego game and having interesting franchises and story, I became completely interested in it. However, the Green Arrow, Supergirl, and Marceline packs are annoying to find because they’re exclusives.

Plus, WBI sure has weird decisions in how they make games a little bit. I’ll agree with you on that.

Edited by Lenny7092

I don't foresee this ever happening, as developing videogames internally was a contributing factor to the financial issues that LEGO had - spreading them too thin in an area they weren't experts in. LEGO still makes plenty of money in licensing fees from TT Games, but don't have to worry about running a game studio.

Well, another LEGO theme one year short of its supposed three years, with the equivalent to the unreleased Mask of Power being the Vortech pack?

Pre-forums purge sig kept for historical purposes:

Some cool Bionicles are the combiners. Example: Toa Jovan

I've built a Krahka with 5 Toa Metru & Toa Norik, adding parts I needed to Norik. It needs 11 blue pieces (the ones that have +&O ends) but there's only 10 in all the Toa Metru sets. Do I have to attach her launcher to her arm? Please PM me if you can help me.

http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=309724

Well, another LEGO theme one year short of its supposed three years, with the equivalent to the unreleased Mask of Power being the Vortech pack?

You’re referring to Bionicle G2? If so, then yes. As I said, Lego sure has trouble prioritizing and thus doesn’t make these Lego things greater.:(

Well, another LEGO theme one year short of its supposed three years, with the equivalent to the unreleased Mask of Power being the Vortech pack?

You’re referring to Bionicle G2? If so, then yes. As I said, Lego sure has trouble prioritizing and thus doesn’t make these Lego things greater. :(

I would think that cancelling less successful themes so that they can focus more on new ones and ones that are more consistently successful would indicate that they're prioritizing well.

It may suck as a fan of those themes when that happens, but I wouldn't call that "trouble prioritizing".

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother