Lego Unikitty show clip released!

masterchirox580

Well, that was interesting. A little girly (I’m a boy), but we all love Unikitty, so what?:)

I think this is going to be like Mixels in terms of humor and animation.

You know, for Unitkitty being voiced by Tara Strong (I like the actress), she sure sounds sort of like Raven from “Teen Titans Go!” in 2013 and one of the Ponies from “My Little Pony: Frendship is Magic”.

Plus, Unikitty sure is gullible without giving a second thought (something different from her appearance in The Lego Movie in 2014).

Unikitty has a dog-based brother. Maybe he was adopted (Get it? Adopt a dog? Lol.:P )?

Man, Unikitty also sure has a wacky life. I don’t know what’s funnier. The Mixels’ lives from Mixels or Unikitty’s? But, I would go with Unikitty’s. Lol.:P

Anyway, I know that the Unitkitty show would be coming probably next year, but don’t you think this is a bit too early? A Cartoon Network show called “O.K., K.O. Let’s be Heroes” has this holiday-episode-coming-too-early habit.

It’s not that I don’t like the upcoming show. I just find it weird in a funny and interesting way. It looks quite enjoyable, though.:)

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Um.

Is it just me, or does Unikitty's voice sound way different than it did in the movie? Does she have a different actress here?

Also... I dunno, something about this feels off to me. It's like the show's drawing too heavily on the vein of things like My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Star Vs. The Forces of Evil. Neither of which are bad shows at all, but... I'd much rather see Unikitty making more of an effort to be unique. I guess Cartoon Network would rather reply on the tried and tested approach, since both those shows seem to be massively popular, and I can understand that; but it just doesn't feel, to me, like such an approach does this character justice.

Maybe she'll become more like the character I loved in The LEGO Movie as the series progresses, I dunno; but from just that clip, Unikitty looks like she's basically become a Lego cat version of Star Butterfly. It's in the way she talks, and the way she acts, and... it's entertaining, sure, but she just doesn't feel like a unique character to me anymore :/

That being said, my only real quibble with it is that it feels too much like the show's trying to copy other things, rather than being its own thing. And I'm aware that I'm well outside the target audience, too; I'm sure kids are gonna love this show, and that's what counts ^^ And besides, if we get new Unikitty merchandise out of it? That's always a plus xD

Edited by Darth Jaller

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."