Bionicle characters worthy of Thor’s Hammer (from Marvel)

Lenny7092

Hi, guys! :) I am not sure if this would be a good topic, but I can say it, anyway: which (favorite) Bionicle character do you think would be worthy of using Thor’s magical hammer called Mjolnir from Marvel?

You see, in Marvel, Thor uses this hammer to create and control electricity and weather, fly, and create inter-dimensional portal and travel to other dimensions, such as from Earth to Asgard. It can also be thrown, fly on its own, move around, and goes back to Thor like a boomerang. It is near-indestructible, and it’s quite very powerful. See information about the hammer in here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mjolnir_(comics) .

There’s one thing that I don’t get about the hammer, and that is this: How can a person be worthy of lifting and using the hammer. You see, Thor is worthy of using the hammer, but there are other people in Marvel who are worthy of using it, too, like Thorms girlfriend named Jane Foster, Thor’s father named Odin, Beta Ray Bill, Captain America, Squirrel Girl, and Vision in Avengers: Age of Ultron in 2015. Not just people from Marvel, even Superman and Wonder Woman from DC Comics did that (the DC Comics is non-canon, but it could be possible).

When the hammer is dropped or put down on a place, it stays at a certain spot where it is on and can’t do lifted by anyone unless this person is worthy to do it. It’s like in the King Arthur mythology, where Arthur lifted with a magical sword from a stone while other people can’t do it because he’s worthy. It’s like a magical code that scans finger prints.

I don’t know what makes someone worthy of lifting and using Thor’s hammer, but I think it has to do with being a hero who either has a warrior or soldier lifestyle, wills to kill, thinks about others before itself, is honorable, powerful, has a sense of nobility, or humility.

So, I would like to think that some Bionicle characters would be worthy to using the hammer because they are heroes who either have warrior and solider lifestyles, thinks about others before themselves, are honorable, powerful, have a sense of nobility, and humility, even though that Toa would go against killing, because of their Toa Code. We know that the characters have personalities while being bio-mechanical, so here's my list of worthy characters:

1. The Toa Mata/Nuva/Masters/Uniters - they always think about people and creatures they protect, are powerful and noble warriors, and honorable in the eyes of their people.

2. Takanuva

3. The Toa Inika/Mahri

4. Ackar

5. Gresh

6. The Great Spirit Mata Nui

7. Ekimu

So, there. You see what I mean? I would love to see Onua and Ekimu use the hammer because they use their own hammers. Lol.:P Anyway, what are your thoughts about characters in your minds, who are they, and how do you think they could be worthy of using the hammer?:)

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Hm.... That's actually a really good question. I don't think all of the Mata/Nuva would be able to lift it. Tahu's arrogance might get in the way, and Kopaka.... just doesn't have the right personality. Lewa probably couldn't, either, due to him rarely taking things seriously. Remember, in the first Thor film, Odin banished Thor because he was arrogant and didn't take his role as the future king seriously. Gali, possibly, but I think she lacks some of the warrior mentality. Onua and Pohatu might be the best candidates. 

I also have a feeling that Axonn might be able to lift it. Jaller would be my next choice.

I'd have to look into it some more, but I really can't think of any other major characters that would be able to lift it.

• Upvote 2

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Matoro could lift it, seeing as he was always humble, had his heart in the right place. Takanuva undoubtedly earned his worth the moment he prioritized curing the infected Av-Matoran over curing himself. Jaller probably could as well, given he sacrificed himself so that Takua could become Takanuva. Lhikan would be able to as well, he was indeed selfless. 

• Upvote 1

I’m pretty sure worthiness isn’t enough. I think I remember that to lift it you need to be worthy AND have a warrior mindset. So it has to be someone who lives to fight. Matoro (while worthy) probably wouldn’t have the warrior mindset to use it. Takanuva and Jaller probably have too much self doubt and anxiety to be truly worthy. I’d think lhikan could. Mata nui as well.

Edited by jchavoya

This question made me think of the sight of seeing the MU robot attempt to lift the hammer and failing to do so. I believe it would be a hilarious sight. :P

But to answer your question, I guess I would go with Lhikan as well. I can't really think of anyone else who be worthy. At least IMO.

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

This question made me think of the sight of seeing the MU robot attempt to lift the hammer and failing to do so. I believe it would be a hilarious sight. :P

But to answer your question, I guess I would go with Lhikan as well. I can't really think of anyone else who be worthy. At least IMO.

I mean could the MU pick it up?

It's a planet sized robot it could pick it up because there is no way that hammer has that much magic in it to stop a planet sized being from picking it up. It most likely just not work for the MU but it could be picked up.

• Upvote 1

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

I mean could the MU pick it up?

It's a planet sized robot it could pick it up because there is no way that hammer has that much magic in it to stop a planet sized being from picking it up. It most likely just not work for the MU but it could be picked up.

Hulk can shatter planets with one punch and couldn’t lift it. In a Marvel/DC crossover, Superman (who I’m pretty sure has lifted planets) was only able to lift it because the multiverse depended on it, so Odin temporarily undid the restrictions so he could save everything.

It’s not about strength, it’s about worthiness and battle skills (Wonder Woman in a different marvel/dc crossover had no issue lifting the hammer).

Personally I don’t think the MU is worthy. I don’t think Mata Nui himself was even worthy until the very end of the glatorian storyline (nor did he have the combat mindset).

Edited by jchavoya
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I like the idea that there are multiple characters that could only lift it after some development, like Thor himself. Tahu, Takanuva, and Mata Nui all come to mind regarding that. Otherwise, like others said already, Lhikan and Matoro would probably be the most likely. Jaller, too. Gresh is definitely the top contender from the Bara Magna story. Maybe Tarix and Vastus, too. Back to the Matoran Universe, while I think of it, Axonn and Norik probably could, too.

• Upvote 1
rahkshi_symbol.png

Gadunka. The answer is always Gadunka.

But seriously, I'd probably go with Takanuva. He always seemed like one of the most humble characters in Bionicle, and he went through enough personal growth over the course of the story that I'm sure he'd probably be worthy by the end of the official canon.

• Upvote 3

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

You have to remember that the thing is a Norse war hammer-it wants to glory in battle and kill monsters. That being said, most Toa probably wouldn't be lifting it because most Toa don't kill.

Now Helryx would probably have a field day with the thing, assuming it isn't put off by her moral ambiguity.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

I think everyone has their own problems. The beauty of Matoro is specifically that he isn't a conventional warrior. Gali has a similar problem. Meanwhile, Tahu, Kopaka, and Helryx are all probably too violet to be able to do it. It's a very thin line, from what I understand, to be the type of warrior-king balance being looked for. I'd have to say Lhikan comes closest to mind, though for some reason it doesn't even feel right saying him.

Maybe Hewkii, of all Toa, since he seemed to be capable of both the brutality and the sentimentality at the same time. I just think he's the most tragic guy, fighting off Gadunka with a giant boulder while secretly he's just missing Macku.

• Upvote 3

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely g2 Pohatu.

Also Umarak the hunter.

G2 Pohatu sounds reasonable because he may have anger issues and disliked Ketar, but he feels remorse when he noticed that Ketar was in danger, so he had to save the poor creature from Umarak, who got the Mask of Control before Pohatu could. Pohatu learned his lesson as he knew that it was his fault that the mask is lost, as the other Toa witnessed, and told Ekimu about it. 

Umarak? Nah. He's evil. Lol.:P Unless he would reform into a good guy with all required thoughts, he can't lift it. Or, he would do what Hela from Thor: Ragnarok in this year did with the hammer (I don't know how she did it, though). Lol.:P

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)