Set Review: 6202 Rocka

Thanks for the review!But since when has "minimal use of pins/connectors" been a plus? Unless you mean we don't have blue and red dots all over, which I can agree with. But I really don't like this ball-connected armor system.

7. Putting all five Piraka in one tank seems like a dangerous idea. What if they start killing each other?

7) Who cares? They're creeps anyway.

-GregF

Thanks for the review!But since when has "minimal use of pins/connectors" been a plus? Unless you mean we don't have blue and red dots all over, which I can agree with. But I really don't like this ball-connected armor system.

I agree. Give us more tiny things, LEGO!

I have no signature. Boo-Hoo.

My BZPRPG

92% of BZPers use sigfads. If you are part of the 8% that think them pointless, copy and paste this into your signature.

banner_beatdown1.png

Yayz! I'm an old, defenseless leader guy!

It's a subjective question. and depends on your viewpoint. While reviews are mainly, for the most part, meant to be objective, personal preference is an important part of giving your opinions on a set, wouldn't you agree? It depends on which style you prefer. For me, I greatly prefer the ball and socket system to the BIONICLE system of old as of now, solely for the breath of fresh air it gives me whenever i buy a set nowadays. Soon, I expect I'll tire of it, but that time hasn't come yet.I personally find Rocka to be the best hero set Lego has produced as of yet. There are better Hero Factory sets, but Rocka is the first that's design really "speaks to me". There are but two flaws in my opinion, and those are a somewhat cluttered color scheme, and the overly long legs. Thankfully, the lower leg problem can be remedied by replacing his lower leg piece with the one featured first on Stomrer 2.0, which features only one pin hole.-Mesonak Edited by Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

With the way I build hero arms. Rocka can defend from a ninja attack. Rocka will be able to turn her elbows inward towards Her body. (Yes I refer to Rocka as a female. I have my reasons why)

Edited by takanuinuva

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

The green in this set is not transparent neon-green, like we're accustomed to. It's transparent-green, which means that the head is in a different colour than we've had it in before, which means it is a piece you can only get with Rocka or Black Phantom for now. It is a lovely colour and it makes the set.This review seemed a bit short. :

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

This review seemed a bit short. :

Review length has no real bearing on quality. It was shorter than some others, but it was to the point. Sisen covered a lot succinctly.Really nice parts in Mr. Rocka here. I'm digging the trans-green.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

My only question was, can it combine with Phantom like other heroes can with their villains?

I don't think so because Rocka and Black Phantom seem a bit big.
Yes, there is a combiner model for the two. Here's a picture.-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

My only question was, can it combine with Phantom like other heroes can with their villains?

I don't think so because Rocka and Black Phantom seem a bit big.
Yes, there is a combiner model for the two. Here's a picture. -Mesonak
That was not what I had expected. Kind of a shame that the spider is the main point of the combiner, rather than maybe a cooler version of Phantom or Rocka

The green in this set is not transparent neon-green, like we're accustomed to. It's transparent-green, which means that the head is in a different colour than we've had it in before, which means it is a piece you can only get with Rocka or Black Phantom for now. It is a lovely colour and it makes the set.

It can also be found in Splitface, apparently.Personally, Rocka is one of my favorite sets in the HF line yet. I really don't mind either the color scheme or the legs at all. The use of the transparent green is one of the strong suits of this set from my perspective, as it's probably one of my favorite colors overall. And also that the crossbow is several kinds of awesome.

AXKP5KC.png

This time Rocka really impressed me. His helmet is very cool, it seems so soldierish... And that Halo like shield. It's perhaps the biggest and coolest surprise of this wave, even if, as said in the review, it lacks of manouverability. I can just imagine how it would be hard to pose it. Despite this, I'd definitely buy this set because of the really good color scheme ( I mean, gold and green! It's just awesome! ) and the crossbow ( another cool idea ). Oh, and remember: all hail the Lord of the Rings. ----- Lord of the Rings -----Titles: Dark Lord, Lord of Mordor, Lord of Gifts, Lord of Barad-Dûr, Lord of the Earth

Who would want to buy a set that is vulnerable to ninjas? :PJoking aside, this set looks really cool. I won't be buying it though.

Everything is vulnerable to ninjas, so the point is moot. XDI got Rocka for Christmas, like Bambi here, and was pleasantly surprised to receive a 2012 set before 2012. I have to say, he is probably my favorite Hero Factory set so far. The first few waves have been hits and misses (I particularly loathed Savage Planet), but LEGO's found a style that really works for me. At least until they try to give it a story. :P
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

I have Rocka and I can personally attest to his greatnessI would also like to point out that if nothing else convinces you to purchase this set, the fact that they decided to go back to solid plastic spears (as opposed to the rubber ones of last year's HF sets) should be a selling pointAlso, his shield and helmet are, indeed, rad

bionicle is trans culture

I would also like to point out that if nothing else convinces you to purchase this set, the fact that they decided to go back to solid plastic spears (as opposed to the rubber ones of last year's HF sets) should be a selling point

.That is a great point, I watched a review on another site, and saw that the plastic was once again solid for the spears, it convinced me more to get him, when I have the chance in a few weeks

I already have this set, but the reveiw is still interesting. I like the glat heads in trans-green, and the 3 sized gold armour plates.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

Awesome. I apologize for the cliche, but that is all I can think of when this set is so epic. I have no problem with the extra long legs, it makes them seem more human for me. I love that trans-green, it's just brilliant. Who am I kidding, I haven't even seen it in person yet! Still, great review, even though it was a little short.

-L- to the -K-

Sometimes, I look at my desk, and think, "What am I doing with my life?"

Then, I go back to my videogames.

I used to be known as 'Gresh's Thornax...Ouchy!!!', before I realised what a silly name it was.

Other previous names include Lihkan435 and Chip Biscuit.

I think the set turned out pretty awesome, despite its minor drawbacks. I'm probably gonna buy me one. It'll be the first hero factory set I've bought in a while, the first and last one being Corroder, a set that I found to be rather disappointing. I hope that this set will not be disappointing, it appears that it won;t be. Overall it looks like a pretty nice set, the gold, new pieces and such, make it very interesting.

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=5700 - My new epic revealing the life of the interesting character we all wish we could have known better before he left us, Karzahni.

• 4 weeks later...