Bionicle’s Darkest/Scariest Moments in the stories
Posted Nov 05 2017 - 06:59 PM
What do you think is the scariest/darkest moment(s) in the stories? For me, here’s a list:
1. Makuta Teridax saying that he will destroy the Toa Mata in Mata Nui Online Game
2. Teridax scaring Takua in one scene in the Mask of Light movie.
3. A Turahk killed Jaller with its powers.
4. Takutanuva getting crushed by a big door.
5. Teridax using a Shadow Hand to absorb and kill Nidhiki, Krekka, and his Niwark inside his body in the 2004 storyline.
6. Vakama Hordika joining the Visorak army.
7. Roodaka leaving Sidorak behnind before he was crushed by Keetongu.
8. The Piraka
9. The Barraki
10. The fact that Umbra would kill anyone.
11. Matoran being turned into the Shadow Matoran
12. Matoro reanimating a Tuyet from an alternate dimension.
13. A Gadunka being eaten by a Takea shark.
14. Nocturn given an ability by the Mask of Life to kill anything by touching them.
15. Nidhiki’s origins about him being a Dark Hunter.
16. Teridax killing Lhikan.
17. How Voporak kills people with his time touch, like that four-armed guy.
18. Toa Hordika slaying some Visorak.
19. How Takadox killed the original Hydraxon.
20. Lesovikk’s sadness about his team being killed making him want to kill his enemies, which is against the Toa Code.
21. How Makuta Icarax and Krika are killed.
22. Icarax killing Botar.
23. Tren Krom killing Carapar.
24. Threats from the Piraka, Barraki, and the 2008 Makuta.
25. Makuta taking over the Matoran Universe/Great Spirit Robot and doing horrible things with it, like killing most of his own kind and Guardian and torturing people in the Core Processor. He also pushed Mata Nui out of the robot, put him in the Mask of Life, and then banished both of them out of the robot.
26. Malum’s murderous behavior
27. Teridax from The Kingdom dimension killing Toa Tamna
28. Mata Nui dying and then died in 2007 before being revived by Matoro.
29. The Mask of Life’s bearers having to sacrifice their lives to revive the Great Spirit.
30. Tuyet wantig to rule the Matoran Universe like a tyrant.
31. Karzahni messing up Matoran’s bodies while rebuilding them.
32. Tuyet from an alternate dimension getting sliced in half by a closing inter-dimensional portal.
33. Makuta Miserix’s murderous behavior.
34. Metus trying to kill Click.
35. Annona killing people.
36. Velika’s murderous intentions.
37. Teridax threading to rule the universe.
38. Vultraz’s murderous personality.
39. A robot called the Marauder being designed to kill people from the Matoran Universe when they are living in Spherus Magna.
40. Teridax threating to destroy Bara Magna.
41. The Shadowed One killing Ancient.
42. Toa Ignika threatening to kill Tahu before they stopped fighting.
43. The Bohrok’s destructive nature.
44. Lewa being possessed by Teridax’s Infected Mask and a Krana.
45. People in Le-Koro getting possessed by Krana.
46. Tahu being possessed by a Krana.
47. Dekar/Hydraxon trying to destroy the Mask of Life.
48. Tahu being possessed by a Kurahk and being about to die by a Levahk’s poison.
49. Rahkshi destroying Ta-Koro.
50. Tuyet from the Toa Empire dimension having an empire filled with murderous Toa.
51. A lot of killing in a battle in that dimension.
That’s all G1. Here’s G2:
1. The Protectors getting almost killed or possessed by Skull Spiders before they are saved by the Toa.
2. Kulta kicking the Toa’s butts and about to kill them before he was stopped by Ekimu.
3. Umarak the Hunter threatening to kill Ketar if Pohatu gets the Mask of Control.
4. Umarak the Destroyer being an unstoppable foe to the Toa.
5. Gali’s soul getting sucked into the Shadow Realm.
6. Umarak being sacrificed by Makuta to open the portal.
7. Makuta attempting to use the portal to get out of the Shadow Realm and take over the world.
So, there. See what I mean? What do you guys think?
Posted Nov 06 2017 - 01:07 PM
I thought the rebuilding was an interesting concept, but I don't want to think about exactly how they did it...
Posted Nov 06 2017 - 02:26 PM
Pridak using actual physical violence against Nocturn (Ehleks Lieutenant). He bit off one of Nocturns arms for disobedience. Pridak is a shark but what is really disturbing is that Nocturn does posess limited regenerative abilities but the tentacle on that arm did not regrow after the incident.
Edited by necross hordika, Nov 07 2017 - 11:18 AM.
Posted Nov 06 2017 - 10:49 PM
(Hope I don't repeat anything already said)
-The kestora (I don't want to know their "experiments")
-HOW Umbra would kill someone (eep!)
-MATA NUI ACTUALLY DIED IN '07
-Gavla's willingness to become shadow
-Icarax's death (oh shoot is this a repeat?)
-The bohrok-controlled Le-Koronans
-Krika's speech to Gali
-The Piraka's occasional mentions of mutilated remains of toa
-The imprisoned Great Being
-Pridak throwing Sarda to the sharks
My Brickshelf, my Tumblr (it's not as bad as it sounds)
2001: Matoro, Onua, Pohatu
2002: Tahnok, Tahnok-Va, Kohrak-Va, Gahlok-Va, Pahrak-Va, Kopaka Nuva, Gali Nuva, Lewa Nuva
2004: Bordakh (X2), Rorzakh
2007: Dekar, Defilak, Takadox
2009: Tarduk, Skrall, Tarix, Malum, Mata Nui, Vastus, Stronius, Tuma, Fero and Skirmix
2015: Kopaka, Pohatu, Lewa, Vizuna, Skull Basher
And random pieces I bought off Bricklink.
1999: Torch/Fire, Scuba/Sub, Ski/Ice, Turbo/City, Amazon/Jungle, Granite/Rock, Electro/Energy, Jet/Judge
2000: Blaster, Millennium/Millennia, Flare, Spark
I also have Jimi Stinger from Breakout.
Posted Nov 12 2017 - 05:47 PM
I kind find the concept off the rebuilding on Karzahni pretty disturbing to be honest. Before 2006 the only Matoran we knew and connected with lived on Mata Nui or Metru Nui (Of which the populations are essentially the same), so the concept of other Matoran existing in far-off lands completely different to the ones we were used to.
2001 - 2003 makes the Matoran seem like a light-hearted happy race which thrives with simple business and working together (Mostly, *Cough Ahkmou*). But then seeing these Matoran on a eerie, sinister island ruled by a mysterious and mentally unstable lord who literally biologically/biomechanically modifies them into potentially hideous forms of what they once were seems to be one of the darkest themes in Bionicle.
BionicleNP represents this quite nicely in his 'Bionicle Ignition 1' stopmotion film on YouTube.
Also the Krana always spooked me out. During the Bohrok saga, the Krana were always an uncovered mystery due to their parasitic nature and even after the Bohrok swarms had been defeated, in the animations it shows the Matoran dumping them into pits with creepy music playing in the background, suggesting the mystery of the Krana is still hidden in a thick fog of years to come.
And we never did find out the origins of the Krana, although I find it is one of the most intriguing aspects of the entire G1 series.....
Posted Nov 14 2017 - 06:08 PM
Or they're just another rahi. We'll probably never know.
Posted Nov 15 2017 - 02:58 AM
According to Biosector, Krana where made by the Great Being - from Matoran left overs. So it's kinda more horrifying to think that the Bohrok, fully turned Av-Matoran, are controlled by the off cuts of their species.
Posted Nov 17 2017 - 01:28 AM
- Anything to do with Metru-Nui during Teridax's stint as Dume.
- Anything Karzhani.
- The Piraka's occupation of Voya-Nui. All of it.
- The imprisoned Great Being.
- Any and all things on Mata-Nui (Island).
0 user(s) are browsing this forum
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users