Bionicle’s Darkest/Scariest Moments in the stories

Hi, guys!:) Bionicle’s stories are supposed to be child-friendly because of Lego, but they do have some dark or scary moments that makes things interesting, even though that Lego is sort of against violence. Even some other themes after Bionicle, like Ninjago, Hero Factory, and Nexo Knights, are like that a little. I think that Bionicle is the darkest and scariest of all of Lego’s themes in terms of moments in the stories.

What do you think is the scariest/darkest moment(s) in the stories? For me, here’s a list:

1. Makuta Teridax saying that he will destroy the Toa Mata in Mata Nui Online Game

2. Teridax scaring Takua in one scene in the Mask of Light movie.

3. A Turahk killed Jaller with its powers.

4. Takutanuva getting crushed by a big door.

5. Teridax using a Shadow Hand to absorb and kill Nidhiki, Krekka, and his Niwark inside his body in the 2004 storyline.

6. Vakama Hordika joining the Visorak army.

7. Roodaka leaving Sidorak behnind before he was crushed by Keetongu.

8. The Piraka

9. The Barraki

10. The fact that Umbra would kill anyone.

11. Matoran being turned into the Shadow Matoran

12. Matoro reanimating a Tuyet from an alternate dimension.

13. A Gadunka being eaten by a Takea shark.

14. Nocturn given an ability by the Mask of Life to kill anything by touching them.

15. Nidhiki’s origins about him being a Dark Hunter.

16. Teridax killing Lhikan.

17. How Voporak kills people with his time touch, like that four-armed guy.

18. Toa Hordika slaying some Visorak.

19. How Takadox killed the original Hydraxon.

20. Lesovikk’s sadness about his team being killed making him want to kill his enemies, which is against the Toa Code.

21. How Makuta Icarax and Krika are killed.

22. Icarax killing Botar.

23. Tren Krom killing Carapar.

24. Threats from the Piraka, Barraki, and the 2008 Makuta.

25. Makuta taking over the Matoran Universe/Great Spirit Robot and doing horrible things with it, like killing most of his own kind and Guardian and torturing people in the Core Processor. He also pushed Mata Nui out of the robot, put him in the Mask of Life, and then banished both of them out of the robot.

26. Malum’s murderous behavior

27. Teridax from The Kingdom dimension killing Toa Tamna

28. Mata Nui dying and then died in 2007 before being revived by Matoro.

29. The Mask of Life’s bearers having to sacrifice their lives to revive the Great Spirit.

30. Tuyet wantig to rule the Matoran Universe like a tyrant.

31. Karzahni messing up Matoran’s bodies while rebuilding them.

32. Tuyet from an alternate dimension getting sliced in half by a closing inter-dimensional portal.

33. Makuta Miserix’s murderous behavior.

34. Metus trying to kill Click.

35. Annona killing people.

36. Velika’s murderous intentions.

37. Teridax threading to rule the universe.

38. Vultraz’s murderous personality.

39. A robot called the Marauder being designed to kill people from the Matoran Universe when they are living in Spherus Magna.

40. Teridax threating to destroy Bara Magna.

41. The Shadowed One killing Ancient.

42. Toa Ignika threatening to kill Tahu before they stopped fighting.

43. The Bohrok’s destructive nature.

44. Lewa being possessed by Teridax’s Infected Mask and a Krana.

45. People in Le-Koro getting possessed by Krana.

46. Tahu being possessed by a Krana.

47. Dekar/Hydraxon trying to destroy the Mask of Life.

48. Tahu being possessed by a Kurahk and being about to die by a Levahk’s poison.

49. Rahkshi destroying Ta-Koro.

50. Tuyet from the Toa Empire dimension having an empire filled with murderous Toa.

51. A lot of killing in a battle in that dimension.

That’s all G1. Here’s G2:

1. The Protectors getting almost killed or possessed by Skull Spiders before they are saved by the Toa.

2. Kulta kicking the Toa’s butts and about to kill them before he was stopped by Ekimu.

3. Umarak the Hunter threatening to kill Ketar if Pohatu gets the Mask of Control.

4. Umarak the Destroyer being an unstoppable foe to the Toa.

5. Gali’s soul getting sucked into the Shadow Realm.

6. Umarak being sacrificed by Makuta to open the portal.

7. Makuta attempting to use the portal to get out of the Shadow Realm and take over the world.

So, there. See what I mean? What do you guys think?

• Upvote 1

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I thought the rebuilding was an interesting concept, but I don't want to think about exactly how they did it...

Evil knows, that hope is afloat.

Where life is enslaved, all can be saved.

Light will unite, what now darkness divides.

Spark the flame of the heart

FOR THE FUTURE TO START.

Read my epic G2 fanfic, Beyond Okoto, and find out what happened after the Toa left Okoto!

Pridak using actual physical violence against Nocturn (Ehleks Lieutenant). He bit off one of Nocturns arms for disobedience. Pridak is a shark but what is really disturbing is that Nocturn does posess limited regenerative abilities but the tentacle on that arm did not regrow after the incident.

Edited by necross hordika

qs3135.jpg

(Hope I don't repeat anything already said)

-The kestora (I don't want to know their "experiments")

-HOW Umbra would kill someone (eep!)

-MATA NUI ACTUALLY DIED IN '07

-Shadow leeches

-Gavla's willingness to become shadow

-Icarax's death (oh shoot is this a repeat?)

-The bohrok-controlled Le-Koronans

-Gorast's sacrifice

-Krika's speech to Gali

-The Piraka's occasional mentions of mutilated remains of toa

-The imprisoned Great Being

-Pridak throwing Sarda to the sharks

• Upvote 1

My Brickshelf, my Tumblr (it's not as bad as it sounds)
Current collection:
2001: 
Matoro, Onepu, Maku, Onua, Pohatu, Tahu, Lewa
2002: Tahnok, Gahlok, Lehvak, Tahnok-Va, Kohrak-Va, Gahlok-Va, Pahrak-Va, Kopaka Nuva, Gali Nuva, Lewa Nuva
2003: Panrahk, Guurahk, Turahk, Kurahk
2004: Bordakh (X2), Rorzakh, Vorzakh, Matau, Whenua

2005: Oohnorak, Rahaga Iruini, Rahagah Norik
2006: Dalu, Velika, Vezok, Reidak, Vezon and Fenrakk

2007Dekar, Defilak, Morak, Takadox
2008: Gorast, Rockoh T3, Axalara T9
2009Tarduk, Skrall, Tarix, Malum, Gresh, Mata Nui, Vastus, Stronius, Tuma, Fero and Skirmix, Baranus V7, Kaxium V3, Cendox V1, Thornatus V9
2010: Tahu

2015: Kopaka, Pohatu, Lewa, Vizuna, Skull Basher

2016: Tahu
Throwbot/Slizer collection:
1999: Torch/Fire, Scuba/Sub, Ski/Ice, Turbo/City, Amazon/Jungle, Granite/Rock, Electro/Energy, Jet/Judge
2000: Blaster, Millennium/Millennia, Flare, Spark

Star Wars Collectible Figures: Death Trooper, Sergeant Jyn Erso, K-2SO, Baze Malbus

I also have the Onyx Roborider and Jimi Stinger froBreakout.

I kind find the concept off the rebuilding on Karzahni pretty disturbing to be honest. Before 2006 the only Matoran we knew and connected with lived on Mata Nui or Metru Nui (Of which the populations are essentially the same), so the concept of other Matoran existing in far-off lands completely different to the ones we were used to.

2001 - 2003 makes the Matoran seem like a light-hearted happy race which thrives with simple business and working together (Mostly, *Cough Ahkmou*). But then seeing these Matoran on a eerie, sinister island ruled by a mysterious and mentally unstable lord who literally biologically/biomechanically modifies them into potentially hideous forms of what they once were seems to be one of the darkest themes in Bionicle.

BionicleNP represents this quite nicely in his 'Bionicle Ignition 1' stopmotion film on YouTube.

Also the Krana always spooked me out. During the Bohrok saga, the Krana were always an uncovered mystery due to their parasitic nature and even after the Bohrok swarms had been defeated, in the animations it shows the Matoran dumping them into pits with creepy music playing in the background, suggesting the mystery of the Krana is still hidden in a thick fog of years to come.

And we never did find out the origins of the Krana, although I find it is one of the most intriguing aspects of the entire G1 series.....  :silver:

The Krana, I think, were made like the krata. Meaning, they are embodiments of Makuta.

Or they're just another rahi. We'll probably never know.

Evil knows, that hope is afloat.

Where life is enslaved, all can be saved.

Light will unite, what now darkness divides.

Spark the flame of the heart

FOR THE FUTURE TO START.

Read my epic G2 fanfic, Beyond Okoto, and find out what happened after the Toa left Okoto!

• 4 weeks later...

Anything with the Kanohi Olisi, Mask of Nightmares. Examples:

*In 2006, Karzahni uses it to show Jaller what would have happened if he didn't sacrifice himself to save Takua from Turahk, and he sees Mata Nui ruled by Makuta, using Rahkshi to enforce his law.

*In 2007, he uses it to show Makuta what would happen if Mata Nui was reawakened. Makuta sees his own punishment, and it is one of the only times in the entire storyline the Master of Shadows is truly humbled, if even for a moment.

*Also in 2007, he uses it against Lesovikk to trap him in a fantasy where his original team didn't die. Lesovikk lives entire years in the fantasy before a minor error on Karzahni's part forces Lesovikk to realize the truth, and the life he had known with his teammates falls apart as he returns to the Pit, alone, mutated, having to cope with the loss of his team a second time.

The Rahkshi are pretty scary in the first movie as well. Much like the Tusken Raiders in Star Wars, their creepiness is strengthened by mixing their animalistic behavior with humanoid form. The scene where Takua confronts Kurahk makes the viewer realize he's just barely above the power level of a normal human facing off against an insanely powerful enemy.

I also must mention BIONICLE Legends 1: Island of Doom, for creating a perfectly depressing atmosphere on Voya Nui. Greg does a great job of making the Matoran there seem completely abandoned, and adding the Piraka who just have no concern for them whatsoever is terrifying. Legacy of Evil continues this by creating a world where evil seems to go unpunished. City of the Lost tries to go the same route, but in my opinion fails because it had already been done, and also because the Barraki somehow seem less evil. I'll just say I can see myself living comfortably under the League of Six Kingdoms for some reason, and I definitely can't see that in a world where the Piraka actually got the Ignika.

Edited by Master Inika
  • Upvote 2

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

• 2 weeks later...

I also must mention BIONICLE Legends 1: Island of Doom, for creating a perfectly depressing atmosphere on Voya Nui. Greg does a great job of making the Matoran there seem completely abandoned, and adding the Piraka who just have no concern for them whatsoever is terrifying.

Great point! As such I will now take this excerpt from Island of Doom during the account of the enslavement of the Matoran:

"Six Piraka, each armed with a launcher, advanced toward the Matoran from six different directions. They said nothing, only smiled. The reflections of torchlight turned their armor red and gold, but they were not the pure, clean colors of a Toa of Fire - no, they were the fearsome hues of creatures from the pit. Shadows slithered like snakes over their faces and bodies, obscuring their expressions, with the exception of those ever-present, malevolent grins."

I don't know about you guys, but that gave me the chills first time I read that (honestly still does) :fear:

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5