Toa masks and tools

Matoro11

I'm starting a story and need characters to develop. I need ideas for masks, tools, and things of the sort. I already have:

A Toa of Sonics (weapon-sonic hammer/ mask-density-lets him focus force into one part of his body. Good for striking, jumping, running etc)

Here are my needs:

A Toa of Magnetism (no idea for a mask/ thinking throwable stuff- blades/axes)

A Toa of Iron (protosteel razor swords/need mask)

A Toa of Gravity (flail/ need mask- thinking mask of flight but not sold)

A Toa of Plasma (need weapon/need mask)

A Toa of Lightning (need weapon/mask)

Thanks!

Edited by Matoro11

M11

I would rather like to know a bit more of the characters and they're pasts but some thoughts (note all Kanohi here are canonical):

Magnetism: Mask of Rebound, although his powers could replicate it's effects with metal weapons, so Mask of Accuracy would be better, or a Mask of Elemental Energy could also work if he ends up using Magnetism a lot to control his weapons in flight. Javelins or Hatchets as those will return anyway by his mask/elemental powers.

Iron: Mask of Strength - a classic, and would allow him to do good solid hits with his sword.

Gravity: Mask of Levitation, Repulsion or Flight - Repulsion is immoral in G1 canon but could be interesting to see a toa with such a mask and why, also could protect him from bad flail attacks. Levitation could also work, as he could use his Gravity to pull himself through the air and use the mask to glide safely down.

Plasma: Mask of Possibilities or Telekinesis - Help protect his team mates from the side effects of his powers and collateral damage can manipulating the battlefield. As a weapon - maybe a spear and shield combo? Keep him safe away from the danger.

Lightning: Mask of Truth, Detection, Conjuring or Emulation - I don't, just interesting powers. Weapons could a hooked/spiked chain to latch onto targets and electrocute them, with a dagger to protect herself at short range.

Lists of Canonical Kanohi:

http://biosector01.com/wiki/Kanohi

http://biosector01.com/wiki/Kanohi/Other_Kanohi

Edited by Toa Jaxus
  • Upvote 1

I would rather like to know a bit more of the characters and they're pasts but some thoughts (note all Kanohi here are canonical):

Magnetism: Mask of Rebound, although his powers could replicate it's effects with metal weapons, so Mask of Accuracy would be better, or a Mask of Elemental Energy could also work if he ends up using Magnetism a lot to control his weapons in flight. Javelins or Hatchets as those will return anyway by his mask/elemental powers.

Iron: Mask of Strength - a classic, and would allow him to do good solid hits with his sword.

Gravity: Mask of Levitation, Repulsion or Flight - Repulsion is immoral in G1 canon but could be interesting to see a toa with such a mask and why, also could protect him from bad flail attacks. Levitation could also work, as he could use his Gravity to pull himself through the air and use the mask to glide safely down.

Plasma: Mask of Possibilities or Telekinesis - Help protect his team mates from the side effects of his powers and collateral damage can manipulating the battlefield. As a weapon - maybe a spear and shield combo? Keep him safe away from the danger.

Lightning: Mask of Truth, Detection, Conjuring or Emulation - I don't, just interesting powers. Weapons could a hooked/spiked chain to latch onto targets and electrocute them, with a dagger to protect herself at short range.

I like the mask of accuracy for the Toa of Magnetism. I think he's going to carry an assortment of axes, knives, a throwable shield, etc.

For the Toa of gravity try this

Interesting but I don't know how it would apply.

M11

It help the Toa calculate how much of their power to use on a object to make it move and also help in creating battle plans for they could account for all possibilities.

It also could make this character become a great leader with such accurate decision making skills.

I suggest making the character female.

Edited by Rassilon (TTL)

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

It help the Toa calculate how much of their power to use on a object to make it move and also help in creating battle plans for they could account for all possibilities.

It also could make this character become a great leader with such accurate decision making skills.

Originally I planned to make the Toa of Gravity female and have a second Plasma Toa pass off as the "lightning" Toa but I would like to keep the elements canon.

M11

Originally I planned to make the Toa of Gravity female and have a second Plasma Toa pass off as the "lightning" Toa but I would like to keep the elements canon.
That would be cool.

I still suggest the mask for the character.

A female leader would make such interesting stories.

Having her clash with a male Toa who thinks he's better could make for some serious good writing.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

That would be cool.

I still suggest the mask for the character.

A female leader would make such interesting stories.

Having her clash with a male Toa who thinks he's better could make for some serious good writing.

I did already set the Toa of Sonics as the leader, but I'm absolutely going to use that dynamic.

M11