Looking for QftM Promo Cards and Quest for Makuta Promo Tile.

MetroidwaveX50

I'm seeking out the 6 Toa cards from the Limited Edition Packs of the Quest for the Masks card game, in addition to the "Rainbow Trading Card" that was offered as part of a bundle in 2002. I am also looking for the promotional replacement tile for the Quest for Makuta board game. Biosector01 claims it was offered in an issue of a Lego magazine, but I've come to believe that it was actually distributed on the 2002 Power Lies Beneath tour.

Did you go to the 2002 'The Power Lies Beneath' tour?

If yes, PM me. I'm looking for something that was only distributed during that tour.

I'm seeking out the 6 Toa cards from the Limited Edition Packs of the Quest for the Masks card game, in addition to the "Rainbow Trading Card" that was offered as part of a bundle in 2002. I am also looking for the promotional replacement tile for the Quest for Makuta board game. Biosector01 claims it was offered in an issue of a Lego magazine, but I've come to believe that it was actually distributed on the 2002 Power Lies Beneath tour.

Do you have photos or info links for the Rainbow card or Promotional board game piece? I can’t find anything about them other than biosector’s thing saying the promo game tile existed. The rainbow card isn’t even on the brick shelf gallery of cards... I can keep an eye out if I know what i'm looking for.

Edited by jchavoya

Do you have photos or info links for the Rainbow card or Promotional board game piece? I can’t find anything about them other than biosector’s thing saying the promo game tile existed. The rainbow card isn’t even on the brick shelf gallery of cards... I can keep an eye out if I know what i'm looking for.

I don't have anything on the Rainbow Card beyond it being mentioned as part of an offer in one of the comics. I think it was one from 2002, but I don't know for sure. 

As for the alternate tile, I have found images of it.

Front:https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/bionicle-selling/images/3/3b/Alternate_Ending.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140704202931

Back:https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/bionicle-selling/images/c/c6/Alternate_Ending_Back.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140704202844

If yes, PM me. I'm looking for something that was only distributed during that tour.

I don't have anything on the Rainbow Card beyond it being mentioned as part of an offer in one of the comics. I think it was one from 2002, but I don't know for sure. 

Front:https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/bionicle-selling/images/3/3b/Alternate_Ending.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140704202931

Back:https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/bionicle-selling/images/c/c6/Alternate_Ending_Back.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140704202844

Interesting. Do you know if the card came in one of the comics, or was there just an ad for it in a comic? I have all of the Bionicle comics, so I can check to see if there’s an add for one. And I have a lot of Bionicle cards, but I would need to know what the rainbow card looked like, or at least a name or number or something...not even sure if I have it, but I might.

There's a fair chance that the rainbow cards were just extra stock of QFtM foil cards they had around once the line had retired, especially if it was in 02, when the games upper deck had out for bionicle consisted only of the cards you could get in the theme decks. 

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Interesting. Do you know if the card came in one of the comics, or was there just an ad for it in a comic? I have all of the Bionicle comics, so I can check to see if there’s an add for one. And I have a lot of Bionicle cards, but I would need to know what the rainbow card looked like, or at least a name or number or something...not even sure if I have it, but I might.

After a bit of searching, I found a news article from 2002. Apparently the offer was actually in the March/April 2002 ​Mania magazine, not the comic.

http://bzpower.com/story.php?ID=115

According to Mask of Destiny, what was shown in the ad was a Pohatu card. I can't seem to find anything else, though. Not even a scan of the ad...  

There's a fair chance that the rainbow cards were just extra stock of QFtM foil cards they had around once the line had retired, especially if it was in 02, when the games upper deck had out for bionicle consisted only of the cards you could get in the theme decks. 

Any idea what the foil distribution was like? From looking at the brickshelf gallery, it seems like it's just random kanohi and mission cards. 

After a bit of searching, I found a news article from 2002. Apparently the offer was actually in the March/April 2002 ​Mania magazine, not the comic.

http://bzpower.com/story.php?ID=115

According to Mask of Destiny, what was shown in the ad was a Pohatu card. I can't seem to find anything else, though. Not even a scan of the ad...   

Here's my copy of that issue, but weirdly it doesn't have that ad in it. 

Any idea what the foil distribution was like? From looking at the brickshelf gallery, it seems like it's just random kanohi and mission cards. 

Yeah, any of the cards that either have a faint rainbow tint or are unusually dark in Screenguy's gallery are the foil ones. One included per booster pack iirc.

Edited by Pereki

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Huh. I have some German foil cards of the toa. Maybe those are the rainbow cards, and maybe they were only in certain languages of LEGO Magazine issues (they do that sometimes).

PS, these are actual rainbow tinted foil holo cards, not the silver letter ones from the limited edition packs (this whole time I kind of just thought they were misprints). If these are the rainbow cards, and if you’re interested. I found mine in the ebay tab here on BZPower. http://www.ebay.com/itm/TC-Lego-Bionicle-Sammelkarten-alle-6-Elemente-Holo-Die-Suche-nach-den-Masken-/352048972077?hash=item51f7c1012d:g:~VIAAOSwt0FZDIxl

Edited by jchavoya

Huh. I have some German foil cards of the toa. Maybe those are the rainbow cards, and maybe they were only in certain languages of LEGO Magazine issues (they do that sometimes).

PS, these are actual rainbow tinted foil holo cards, not the silver letter ones from the limited edition packs (this whole time I kind of just thought they were misprints). If these are the rainbow cards, and if you’re interested. I found mine in the ebay tab here on BZPower. http://www.ebay.com/itm/TC-Lego-Bionicle-Sammelkarten-alle-6-Elemente-Holo-Die-Suche-nach-den-Masken-/352048972077?hash=item51f7c1012d:g:~VIAAOSwt0FZDIxl

So that's how the limited editions differ...

Curse the lack adequate documentation in those earlier years!

Yeah, I think these might be the rainbow cards after all. I haven’t had any luck finding the Quest for Makuta piece, which is a shame because I love that game, and would be interested in it myself. As for the silver letter limited edition cards, I have a spare set (might be missing Pohatu, I have to check). I’m just not sure what to offer since they were really tough for me to find (especially Kopaka). Edited by jchavoya

Yeah, I think these might be the rainbow cards after all. I haven’t had any luck finding the Quest for Makuta piece, which is a shame because I love that game, and would be interested in it myself. As for the silver letter limited edition cards, I have a spare set (might be missing Pohatu, I have to check). I’m just not sure what to offer since they were really tough for me to find (especially Kopaka).

If you decide to sell them, send me a PM. I don't have much to trade, just a spare Norik Hagah and quite a few of the Gahlok TRU promo cards, so I'll probably be paying with cash.

Never thought tracking down a game tile would be more difficult than acquiring an Aquart....

Edited by MetroidwaveX50

• 3 weeks later...

A little late here, but thanks for pointing this listing out, I got a set of cards from it. Weird that the seller has so many of them - maybe they had wider distribution in Germany than the US.

A little late here, but thanks for pointing this listing out, I got a set of cards from it. Weird that the seller has so many of them - maybe they had wider distribution in Germany than the US.

No problem. I thought it was a cool find. Unfortunatly, I haven’t had any luck finding the alternate ending tile. I love that game, and would love to play the alternate ending. I had hoped it was more common in other countries, but couldn’t find anything.