Bionicle storage help.

Spiffy247

Here is my dilly-o. I am at the point where storing pieces in large bins has gotten annoying. So I decided after Christmas I will invest in storage drawers of different sizes to hold my Bionicle, CCBS and Technic pieces. I was wondering where would be the best place to buy these, what brand, and what sizes do you all use? I was hoping you guys could point me in the right direction, and I thank whoever will help me.

I was also going to probably have to figure out how many drawers are necessary. can you guys also give me pointers?

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

Personally, I just use huge plastic boxes for my parts (sorted by color), but I have been thinking about changing to an organizer for smaller and more common pieces. My advice would be to get the second organizer Rassilon recommended, and fill it with technic, pins, ccbs, and other things such as Bohrok eyes. For lager parts such as weapons, armor and other generally big pieces, I would recommend sorting by color in large bins.

Hope this helps,

LightPurpleKrana

Looking for one of those prototype bohrok faceplates with the magnifier.

Well, in this field I can only give you advice on what not to do. Little me decided it would be dandy to sort parts based on color and color alone, meaning absolutely everything Lego of a given color-family would go into a large tub. Not even separating shades, but all variants of, say, red go together. Finding anything at all is a complete nightmare and I've practically given up on rebuilding my older sets that were dismantled in the past because searching for the parts is a huge time investment. To make it worse, I do not have the space nor the time to get something else to store the parts in, re-sort and relocate them.

So, due to a lack of time, I'm stuck with something time consuming because solving the problem is too time consuming. This is why it takes ~1.5 months to finish a MOC.

So yeah, don't do that.

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

Well, in this field I can only give you advice on what not to do. Little me decided it would be dandy to sort parts based on color and color alone, meaning absolutely everything Lego of a given color-family would go into a large tub. Not even separating shades, but all variants of, say, red go together. Finding anything at all is a complete nightmare and I've practically given up on rebuilding my older sets that were dismantled in the past because searching for the parts is a huge time investment. To make it worse, I do not have the space nor the time to get something else to store the parts in, re-sort and relocate them.

So, due to a lack of time, I'm stuck with something time consuming because solving the problem is too time consuming. This is why it takes ~1.5 months to finish a MOC.

So yeah, don't do that.

I figured I would sort by shape and cram all the colors together. 

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

So yeah, don't do that.

I figured I would sort by shape and cram all the colors together. 

Makes a huge amount of more sense than sorting by color. If you know that this tub has all, I dunno, length 5 dual-ballsocket connectors, finding the color you need should not be an issue, but when the tub is a jumble of parts all in the same color, fishing out the specific part you need is a veritable trial by fire.

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki: