2015 Polybag Names

Volitak_Boxor

I know that this might be a bit of a dated topic, but I was wondering if anyone on this board might be able to provide some insights.  I've been thinking about the origins of the names of the two polybags released in late 2015, the Villain Pack and the Accessory Pack.  The Hero Pack was clearly labeled as such on the LEGO Shop website, but these two polybags were never listed for sale online, as far as I know, and their packaging does not provide any name.  Do these names come from any official LEGO source, or are they just generally-accepted fan names?

I've been doing some research, and it seems like the Villain Pack was first reported on as a new polybag, with no specific name attached, on August 2, 2015 (see news report video and associated source links here).  The first photos originated from Rusbionicle and Russian social media, it looks like, but I didn't find any mention of a name.  That same day, a Eurobricks user posts a review of the polybag, calling it the Villain Pack, but it is unclear whether the reviewer learned took that name from another source or came up with the "Villain Pack" name himself, as an obvious contrast to the previous Hero Pack. 

As for the Accessory Pack, the first record of its existence that I can find is a BZPower report from December 2015 stating that a listing for the polybag appeared on Brickset.  I am unsure how the Brickset contributor learned of this polybag's existence.

In a broader sense, are there any methods or norms typically used for the documentation of polybags?  I am less familiar with System polybags, but it seems like many of them are not marked with an obvious name on their packaging.  Despite this, reference sites like Brickset always have a name associated with each polybag.  I haven't had any luck entering the polybag numbers into Lego's customer service site; is there some other source used to determine official names, or do the database keepers simply use their best judgement and come up with a reasonable name themselves?

Thank you for any insights you can offer; I'm thinking about improving BS01's records about G2 polybags and collectibles, and I want to make sure that I understand the whole picture.

sqtd1i.png

^               Often lurking, occasionally writing about sets on BS01.                     

L     This link is a bit old, but there's still some good info about combiners there.

Historically, Brickset has been ok with making up names to suit polybags when they aren't given specific titles - all the "good guy"s and "bad guy"s are only known as such because that's how Brickset decided to name them. I've never seen any official source for Villain Pack or Accessory Pack either, and it'd be my guess that they are fan inventions. 

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Historically, Brickset has been ok with making up names to suit polybags when they aren't given specific titles - all the "good guy"s and "bad guy"s are only known as such because that's how Brickset decided to name them. I've never seen any official source for Villain Pack or Accessory Pack either, and it'd be my guess that they are fan inventions. 

Thanks, Pereki.  I wish I knew a bit more about how these two polybags were actually distributed.  All the discussion I've seen on the English-speaking forums has mostly mentioned purchasing these from resellers overseas, but I have no idea how those European BrickLink vendors were able to originally obtain these.

sqtd1i.png

^               Often lurking, occasionally writing about sets on BS01.                     

L     This link is a bit old, but there's still some good info about combiners there.