Chro

Very nice. Especially creative usage of the Umarak pieces to make the claws and jaws. I can't decide if his lack of eyes works for or against it as a MOC. It definitely makes him creepier, but crabs do have eyes.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

The claws and mandibles are fantastic. They are long, thin, and bony, giving him a good eerie feel. The torso uses the original Carapar's pieces to create a crab shell like armor, which isn't very original, but it is well executed. I also like the color scheme, particularly how well balanced the tan claws, mandibles, and toes are. But the feet, IMO, are one the best parts of the MOC; the Carapar armor piece with the Onua claws just fit together so beautifully, and the claw-toes add a creepy feel that really gives the finishing touch to this creature of the Pit.

"What we see depends mainly on what we look for" -John Lubbock

thanks folks!

Very nice. Especially creative usage of the Umarak pieces to make the claws and jaws. I can't decide if his lack of eyes works for or against it as a MOC. It definitely makes him creepier, but crabs do have eyes.

they do! and he probably does. i think it looks better without visible eyes, though – where is he watching you from?

Even though he kinda loses the "big clunky brute" thing, I think this is a tremendous improvement over OG Carapar.

felt like i could do brute without the big and clunky. og carapar is cool but doesn't feel too crab to me... not that i did a ton better in that department

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I love that head. So creepy, so nightmarishly anthropomorphic crab-like. Body's dope too, keeps the bruiser tone. The claws though, bug me. They seem gangly on him, almost more like tentacles than claws. Those I wouldn't mind being a bit bulkier.

But elsewise, dude, that's a really cool Carapar.

• Upvote 2

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

I love that head. So creepy, so nightmarishly anthropomorphic crab-like. Body's dope too, keeps the bruiser tone. The claws though, bug me. They seem gangly on him, almost more like tentacles than claws. Those I wouldn't mind being a bit bulkier.

But elsewise, dude, that's a really cool Carapar.

that's a fair complaint - when it comes to claws i'm always more concerned with the iconic pincer silhouette than the realism, but in this case it fell short.

thank you tmd!

but their spirits

Definitely quite a improvement for Carapar and even fitting for being late to the halloween. The body shows no noticeable gaps which can be difficult to pull off but the result is fantastic as he looks like a perfect version of the muscular brute he was meant to be. Just needs the OG claws in one hand and a set of eyes.

Final verdict: A big 9.5/10, excellent creation! 

Edited by necross hordika

qs3135.jpg

Idea for claw improvement.

Use one of the OG claw blades as the large half of the claw and use the small antler piece as the small half of the claw.

Also you could figure out a custom head structure under his OG head to keep the tusk and give room for eyes.

(personally I don't mind it eyeless.)

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

As with everyone else, this is freaking awesome!

For the eyes, I see the black claws holding on to the pincers being four little black eyes. My main complaint is the lack of spikes, especially on forearms. I have eaten enough crabs to remember such details. :lol:

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

As with everyone else, this is freaking awesome!

For the eyes, I see the black claws holding on to the pincers being four little black eyes. My main complaint is the lack of spikes, especially on forearms. I have eaten enough crabs to remember such details. :lol:

(Takadox walks into the room)

"Carapar what are you doing? You eat your own kind?"

Idea for claw improvement.

Use one of the OG claw blades as the large half of the claw and use the small antler piece as the small half of the claw.

Also you could figure out a custom head structure under his OG head to keep the tusk and give room for eyes.

(personally I don't mind it eyeless.)

didn't love working silver into the color scheme. if one of those claw blades came in black or dark tan, i'd be down. fair point regardless

the head does have a custom structure and i could have added eyes but, agreed, it looks better blind

ah, interesting, that makes sense!

i didn't have enough black nor dark tan spikes to make him consistently spiny, so i elected to cut my losses and make the armor generally smooth

but their spirits

Maybe try this piece instead.

6018175.jpg

It's from the Chima Phoniex Temple set.

a little too robotic and not big enough for the scale of the build, if you ask me – but definitely not a bad idea, thank you

but their spirits

6018175.jpg

a little too robotic and not big enough for the scale of the build, if you ask me – but definitely not a bad idea, thank you
Well I'm out of legal pieces but Carrier's original blades dyed black.

6018175.jpg

if they existed, those would work, lol

but their spirits

6018175.jpg

if they existed, those would work, lol
I'm guessing your a purest MOCer.

I try to be but I'll paint a mask or dye some parts to fit my needs if I need that part desperately.

I find G1 silver to take in Rit clothing dye very well. Note just softly buff the surface with a soft sandpaper just to get some of the glossy shine off.

I'm guessing your a purest MOCer.

I try to be but I'll paint a mask or dye some parts to fit my needs if I need that part desperately.

I find G1 silver to take in Rit clothing dye very well. Note just softly buff the surface with a soft sandpaper just to get some of the glossy shine off.

not a purist per se. big proponent of modalt, for instance

i just don’t have the means to dye or paint pieces in a way that won’t look terrible / sharpied on

but their spirits

• 3 weeks later...