Bionicle RISK: Barraki at War

JAG18

Attacking once more. 

Toru rolls a: 2, 2, 1

Scrubbish rolls a: 1

And Voya Nui falls! 

1. Toru Nui (Ehlek)

Metru-Nui [5: Capital], Tren Krom Peninsula [2], Destral [3], Southern Continent [4], Voya Nui (3)

4. Scrubbish (Kalmah)

Xia (3: Capital), Northern Continent (4), Right Island Chain (3)

Toru, would you like to move one more army from Tren Krom, attack another territory, or end your turn? 

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg

End of turn, would you like to maneuver any armies first?

And your card for the taking of Voya Nui is: The Shoulder Islands (One Star)

38882854521_7fe5fdb8af_z.jpg

Link

State of the Six Kingdoms:

1. Toru Nui (Ehlek)

Metru-Nui (5: Capital), Tren Krom Peninsula (4), Destral (3), Southern Continent (4), Voya Nui (1)

2. The Hip Historian (Carapar)

Arthaka (6: Capital), Daxia (3), Artidax (3)

3. Lucina (Mantax)

Karzahni (5), Stelt (5), Tren Krom’s Island (4: Capital), Island of Energized Protodermis (1)

4. Scrubbish (Kalmah)

5. TTL (Takadox)

Zakaz (3), The Four Arm Islands (4), Left Island Chain (5: Capital)

6. Iron Man (Pridak)

The Shoulder Islands (5), Odina (3: Capital), Nynrah (1), Keetongu’s Island (4), Elbow Island (4), Visorak (1)

After Toru Nui maneuvers (or doesn't), The Hip Historian laredios, you may begin your turn with 4 new armies to deploy. 

Edit: added Toru's maneuver and updated map. 

Edited by JAG18
  • Upvote 1

Even if it forces a delay between turns, I think an updated map between each player's turn would be useful. Even updating after every round, the player going first will have an easier time checking who owns what than the player going last.

Agreed.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Ok, I updated my last post with Toru's maneuver and with an updated map for turn 3; I'll be sure to update the map after each turn now.  This shouldn't cause too much of a delay between turns I don't think, but we'll see.

Some questions and comments about the new map:

• I changed the shade of green because at a glance the shade of lime (while truer to Ehlek's appearance) was a bit difficult to distinguish from Carapar's yellow.
  • I changed Takadox's shade of blue because I couldn't remember, which one I used before.
  • Does anyone care about what color the numbers are?  I used white for red this time because I thought black didn't stand out enough.  Does everyone want all numbers in white (except for white) or black (except for black) or is it a non-issue?
  • Any other suggestions or comments are appreciated. 

I send my 3 armies of Daxia and one army of Artidax to attack the EP island south Daxia.

Do I/can I do anything else?

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

First, where would you like to place your new armies?  (Which you always place at the start of your turn.)

Also, judging from your post you want to attack the EP island with 3 armies from Daxia and 1 from Artidax, in which case two things:

1) When making an attack you can only use armies all from the same territory.

2) There must be at least one army in every territory at one time (thus you couldn't leave Daxia undefended by attacking with all 3 of its armies).

So, just state which territories you would like to place your new armies in (exp. 2 in Daxia and 2 in Artidax or 4 in Daxia).  Then decide which armies in what territory you want to attack another territory with.  If you wanted to attack the EP island all you have to do is post, "I want to attack the EP island from Daxia."

Do that and you'll be good.  :)

<- RISK newbie

Thank you for the clarification, I did not know if the armies were automatically spawned in my provinces of not.

+2 to each location.

8 at Artakha

5 at Artidax

5 at Daxia

Send three (3) armies from Artidax and two (2) from Daxia to the EP island, two (2) remaining at each.

Edited by The Hip Historian Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

<- RISK newbie

Thank you for the clarification, I did not know if the armies were automatically spawned in my provinces of not.

It's all good.

+2 to each location.

8 at Artakha

5 at Artidax

5 at Daxia

Close, except you only have 4 new armies to place this turn (You always get at least 3 and the extra is for controlling a capital).

Send three (3) armies from Artidax and two (2) from Daxia to the EP island, two (2) remaining at each.

Again, you can only attack one territory with one territory at a time (two territories cannot both send armies to be part of one attack).  Also, attacks can only be made between territories that are either adjacent to each other or are connected by a sea lane (represented by white lines on the map).  Thus, Artidax could never attack the EP island.  If you want to attack the EP Island then Daxia is your only option. 

I thought there was a line from Artidax to EP Island, only reason why I said that.

And my bad, i just copied and pasted the numbers. Lazy when sleepy.

8 at Artakha

4 to Daxia

4 to Artidax

3 from Daxia armies sent to EP island.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Ah OK. Alright then, territories reinforced. 

Arthaka (8: Capital), Daxia (4), Artidax (4)

And now 3 of Carapar's armies go south from the island everyone should totally know about to attack the lightly held EP island.

laredios rolls a: 4, 2, 2

Lucina rolls a: 6

And the island holds!  Mantax's men must have used their superior camouflage abilities to ambush the armies on the beach. 

Arthaka (8: Capital), Daxia (3), Artidax (4)

Laredios; would like to attack the EP Island again with your remaining 2 armies, attack a different territory from another territory, or end your turn? 

You can buy provinces?

I am sorry, I just winging it here.

And there is no L in my name. :lol:

No thank you, I will end my turn. Don't want to keep holding this up.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

And there is no L in my name. :lol:

*Insert frequent complaint about BZPower making it difficult to distinguish between a uppercase "I" and a lowercase "L"*.

Turn over, no territories were conquered so no card is awarded.

38078489505_3d1c5be88b.jpg

Link

1. Toru Nui (Ehlek)

Metru-Nui (5: Capital), Tren Krom Peninsula (2), Destral (3), Southern Continent (4), Voya Nui (3)

3. Lucina (Mantax)

Karzahni (5), Stelt (5), Tren Krom’s Island (4: Capital), Island of Energized Protodermis (1)

4. Scrubbish (Kalmah)

5. TTL (Takadox)

6. Iron Man (Pridak)

The Shoulder Islands (5), Odina (3: Capital), Nynrah (1) Elbow Island (4), Visorak (1), Keetongu’s Island (4)

Lucina you may now begin your turn; you have 4 new armies to place this turn. 

The dreaded armies of Mantax sail north to assail the island of Xia held by Kalmah (for now?)  

Lucina rolls a: 5, 5, 2

Scrubbish rolls a: 5, 2

3. Lucina (Mantax)

Karzahni (8), Stelt (5), Tren Krom’s Island (4: Capital), Island of Energized Protodermis (1)

4. Scrubbish (Kalmah)

Xia (2: Capital), Northern Continent (4), Right Island Chain (3)

Savage fighting, but both sides remain undaunted.  Lucina, would you like to attack Xia again, attack a different territory, or end your turn. 

Well, I feel like after the observation of a well documented example, I will do better next time it is my turn.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Attacking again.

Lucina rolls a: 4, 1, 1

Scrubbish rolls a: 5, 2

3. Lucina (Mantax)

Karzahni (8), Stelt (3), Tren Krom’s Island (4: Capital), Island of Energized Protodermis (1)

4. Scrubbish (Kalmah)

Not looking good for the Manta people.  Would you like to attack again, attack a different territory, or end your turn? 

AKA my annoying power of terrible dice rolls is clearly not limited to just when I roll them

And I even rebuilt my LEGO dice tower, this afternoon, to be less suck-y. 

Attacking Metru-Nui from Karzahni via the sea gate someone left open. 

Lucina rolls: 6, 5, 4

Toru rolls: 6, 1

3. Lucina (Mantax)

Karzahni (7), Stelt (3), Tren Krom’s Island (4: Capital), Island of Energized Protodermis (1)

1. Toru Nui (Ehlek)

Metru-Nui (4: Capital), Tren Krom Peninsula (2), Destral (3), Southern Continent (4), Voya Nui (3)

Since that was a partial success...would you like to attack again or end your turn?

I'll take that as "End turn".  No card awarded and no possible maneuvers. 

38971630311_6aab8c328a.jpg

Link

1. Toru Nui (Ehlek)

Metru-Nui (4: Capital), Tren Krom Peninsula (2), Destral (3), Southern Continent (4), Voya Nui (3)

3. Lucina (Mantax)

Karzahni (5), Stelt (3), Tren Krom’s Island (4: Capital), Island of Energized Protodermis (1)

4. Scrubbish (Kalmah)

5. TTL (Takadox)

6. Iron Man (Pridak)

The Shoulder Islands (5), Odina (3: Capital), Nynrah (1) Elbow Island (4), Visorak (1), Keetongu’s Island (4)

Scrubbish you may get your revenge on Lucina begin your turn when ready; you have 4 new armies to deploy.