WTS Custom Sand Tarakava & Mask Pack Display Boxes

MartinCollects

FOR SALE

JR7SYDkl.jpg

Selling custom designed boxes for the unreleased Sand Tarakava set and 8530 Mask Pack!

These are custom boxes ONLY, no parts included!
PLEASE NOTE: The colors from the printing process are a bit off compared to other 2001 sets. It has more saturated blue tones. (See last pictures for comparisons to official sets)

The boxes will be shipped flat for safest delivery.
Shipping worldwide!
Standard shipping does not include tracking but can be added for additional cost.

*Sand Tarakava:

tEJtxESm.jpg

The Sand Tarakava is an unreleased Prototype of the "8549 Tarakava". A handful of prototypes are said to have been released to collectors.
The set has gained a high status for collectors, and is very popular to build replica MOCs for, since the set goes so well together with the 2001 Bionicle line.
The box design and size are based off of the Nui-Rama set.
Dimensions: 23,8 x 14,3 x 5,8 cm

Price: 19USD
Shipping: 7USD

*Mask Pack

sR9qRavm.jpg

This artwork was never officially released for the European Mask Pack, (which were released as polybags). The stock-image artwork has been frequently used (wrongly) by database sites though.
The box design and size are based off of the 8525 Mask Pack.
Dimensions: 9,4 x 7 x 3,6 cm

Price: 13USD
Shipping: 4USD

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

oBDcYei.jpg

As a matter of fact, I'd personally pay good money just to have replicas of original boxes that I'm missing. I'm not sure if producing them is worth the investment, though.

The more I look at this Sand Tarakava box, the more I admire your attention to detail. Very nice that you've used the original TradeMarker font. Perhaps the only thing I'd recommend changing is applying the same bluish "transparent" filter that can be seen on every Rahi box art to the hand holding the Sand Tarakava. Perhaps also tweak the colors a bit to make them warmer and more like the original. I'd also go the extra mile and add a punctured semicircle to the bottom. That would make it virtually unrecognizable from an authentic set.

Fixing the colors are number one priority when I make another run of these! 
Thanks for the other feedback, I will see if it's something I can work on :)

I do not want to make reproductions of already released sets, as I think it crosses the line of counterfeiting.
I only want to make original unreleased boxes if I am going to start any new projects!

• Upvote 1

oBDcYei.jpg

Fair enough, duplicating actual boxes does seem to cross the line. Selling them, anyway.

Perhaps you could do a Turaga-sized box for each Tohunga that could be assembled with existing pieces. I think about four or five sets sould be possible. That would be the next best tribute to 2001 after a Sand Tarakava.

Another thing I've personally considered is producing a box for Toa Krakua in the style of (early) 2006 sets. I think it would suit him fantastically.

• 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2024 at 9:46 AM, BXONICLE said:

Do you still offer the Sand Tarakava box? I know I'm a few years late lol.

Though not sure enough, I guess that these two boxes have gone to me. Of course, this was some time ago...

sandtarakava.thumb.jpg.5b83d82b9c3a719ef16b79e2da138918.jpg

Perhaps there are still some available from this mate, good luck!

Edited by BioLegends
  • Like 1