Would it have been better if Takua had yellow arms?

Miru577

When I played Quest for the toa, Takua had yellow arms. So I wondered, would it be better if Takua had a yellow body and arms. Because he's just made of a Jala body with a light blue pakari,  but if it had yellow arms and body we could make other matoran, like using the yellow komau on the manas crab (or the yellow hau from Jala), Jala's feet and Takua's body, we could make a yellow matoran! Then we could make up some other group of matoran with a yellow colour scheme and a cool backstory on custom bionicle wiki. But all we can do is paint it. Anyways, what are your thoughts?

Im thinking of him not being in a mcdonalds promo, but instead, an exclusive polybag with Takua and a krana for a bohrok teaser

CORRECT ME IF I'M CANONLY INCORRECT

WIPUVUw.jpgI will come for you, I will find you, AND I WILL Correct that post you made, its the mask of shadows, not the mask of darkness, loser

McToran parts were fairly hard to come by initially, as the torso / arms only ever showed up in the McDonalds bag in 2001, with Hafu in the Power Pack in 2001, and with Nuparu in the Boxer in 2002. (The feet appeared in the Bohrok Va, and the feet and heads were reused in the 2003 Matoran.) Honestly, I would've very much liked to have a greater variety of parts, because the MNOLG established a colorful collection of Matoran villagers, many of whom could not actually be made IRL. But alas that did not happen.

As for Takua, I personally prefer his MNOLG appearance, with the medium blue mask, red torso, and yellow feet. (I only played Quest for the Toa a few years ago, so at the time I was not familiar with the character designs from it.) It's kind of disappointing that they made Takua's feet blue in his 2003 iteration, but I guess they wanted to limit the color pallets for each character.

:music:

McToran parts were fairly hard to come by initially, as the torso / arms only ever showed up in the McDonalds bag in 2001, with Hafu in the Power Pack in 2001, and with Nuparu in the Boxer in 2002. (The feet appeared in the Bohrok Va, and the feet and heads were reused in the 2003 Matoran.) Honestly, I would've very much liked to have a greater variety of parts, because the MNOLG established a colorful collection of Matoran villagers, many of whom could not actually be made IRL. But alas that did not happen.

As for Takua, I personally prefer his MNOLG appearance, with the medium blue mask, red torso, and yellow feet. (I only played Quest for the Toa a few years ago, so at the time I was not familiar with the character designs from it.) It's kind of disappointing that they made Takua's feet blue in his 2003 iteration, but I guess they wanted to limit the color pallets for each character.

:music:

painting pieces seems like a good idea, someone made some custom painted 2003 matoran like Kongu, at first I thought that was not painted.

• Upvote 1

WIPUVUw.jpgI will come for you, I will find you, AND I WILL Correct that post you made, its the mask of shadows, not the mask of darkness, loser

Also, it would be cool to get this matoran builder kit, a box of sorted arms, bodies, feet and masks in most colours. The heads would just be the regular dark gray. That would've been awesome

• Upvote 1

I wish it was easier to make the MNOG Matoran, too. I have managed to build Hahli, Takua, Taipu/Hafu (with a Pakari), Pakastaa, Talvi, and an unnamed Boxor pilot (black Pakari, black arms and body, dark gray legs). I even built Kopeke by with a light blue Komau. His mask and feet colors clash, but it's better than no Kopeke at all. The real challenge is building Tamaru.

As for the yellow arms/body, I thought it worked having Takua and Jaller look so similar. It highlighted the oddness of Takua's blue mask, which of course was meant to foreshadow his true nature. Other Matoran, like Pakastaa and Talvi, were identical except for their masks. Even Taipu and Hafu were, and they weren't even from the same village. (This is why my custom black Pakari-wearing tan Matoran with black feet represents Taipu in set form, but Hafu as he appears in MNOG).

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Also, it would be cool to get this matoran builder kit, a box of sorted arms, bodies, feet and masks in most colours. The heads would just be the regular dark gray. That would've been awesome

Dude, we've been having this same discussion for over ten years.

(and darnit I still want one)

Edited by Ta-metru_defender
  • Upvote 2

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

Dude, we've been having this same discussion for over ten years.

(and darnit I still want one)

Don't we all?

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

As a kid I was also disappointed in how limited the McToran sets were (didn't help that I missed out on the Happy Meals. Only one I ever owned was Nuparu). Having a yellow McToran upper body would be pretty cool, but as someone whose personal Bionicle canon takes MNOG and the Bohrok Flash cartoons as undisputed fact, I'll always think of Takua as Jala with a light blue Pakari.