RPG Contest #22 Final Poll

Pick your favorite entries  

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

*buckles up and sighs*Oh well. Maybe Island of Pain will come back with Gangs of Metru-Nui next contest.And when push comes to shove, Techna is only three square miles and there is no nova blast rule... we can still cause mass destruction for the Shepherds during the next week of play.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Techna is only three square miles and there is no nova blast rule...

1. Three square miles isn't too small. I do plan to increase Techna's size after the polls, though (don't strike me as vain because I see a six-vote lead as a victory-to-be :P).2. Nova blasts would fall under the god-modding rule.Why is everyone attacking Techna now? This isn't a Republcian primary debate, guys. :lol:

*buckles up and gets ready to deal with it*So... it appears I'm tied with Island of Pain again! Although I haven't gained any votes. (Don't worry, I'm dealing with it :P )C'mon, people! Dreamland needs some love! Don't make me start offering cookies.

...do we get a cookie if we already voted for it?-ibrow

Boredom mostly.Also I did the math - if we go by the canon number (and usually we don't, because it's way too small) of 100,000 for the Matoran Universe, and estimate 75% survived the wars leading up to the end, that's 75,000 civilians. Now assuming only 10% of this population goes, which is 7,500, that's the population of its initial loss. Factoring in 35% of the population - 2625 - dying at some point or another during its 100,000 year journey and a population jump (of this new number) of roughly 50% due to S-Matoran and those coming in from Spherus Magna - and you make it sound more like 300% of a jump - you have about 7,300 rounded down as the population number. Now with three square miles - and actually it's kilometers - you have a population density of roughly 2,400 per square mile. Which sure, there are real world cities with population densities much higher than that, but no Matoran would be used to such cramped living conditions. Now, since you say everybody sleeps in that one district and has their own quarters there, even if its like some kind of tube or something, that's pretty crazy.Now of course we're ignoring the factor of the third dimension, of course. But we're also ignoring the Agori and Glatorian.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Your calculations do you credit. But two rebuttals:1. After 100,000 years on the ship, I imagine the inhabitants WOULD get used to it.2. The inhabitants don’t actually have their own quarters; they each have individual hibernation chambers, which are presumably quite small. While in those chambers, they're hooked up to a computers through which they can make a customized virtual room.Trust me, I'm a Doctor--I mean, a 'Techna' co-admin. :PRespectfully,Shyyrn

"Let me realize that my past failures at follow-through are no indication of my future performance...

...They're just healthy little fires that are going to light up my resolve."

My thoughts when poll. "'K so Technas still in its ridiculous lead. YAY DAY RUN IS IN SECOND. Dang it, TIoP isn't in second or third. D= And, of course, BaR's in seventh."

And then there's BaR. Poor ToD, how many times has he entered it now? :P

I believe this was number five. XDBut yeah, I didn't expect for it to get far this contest.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Please, Dreamland only needs three more votes... Please...?

132156232582.png

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

1. Techna2. Day Run3. The Island4. Dreamland, Island of Pain, and Epoch of Despair7. Beat & Rhythm8. Ringworld5 and 6 just suck so nobody has them.@ Legolover; What is the population anyway?-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

If you forget all about logic and vote for Elementum-Nui, I'll send you a scooter.Oh, and if you vote for the Island of Pain you get a cake and a house and a nuclear warhead.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Lol, these contests are so crazy and fun that I never mind that I don't win.Of course it always helps that there are three new RPGs to play afterwards. :PAnd now Dreamland's in a three way tie for fourth. Stress. Levels. Rising. (Even if fourth doesn't mean anything XD )

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

Hey, the gaps between fifth, fourth, and third are close enough that any of those could leap up the standings! Just depends on which new people vote... or, un-vote and re-vote. :|-Shyyrn

"Let me realize that my past failures at follow-through are no indication of my future performance...

Okay, this is all a big joke right? At the last moment everybody will change their votes to Island of Pain, right?

What happens when you delete your votes? Can you vote again?

*Internet-slap* No more vote changing!EDIT: Yes, my hypocrisy here was on purpose now shuddit.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

asdfsldkfldkj. An online poll for a role-playing game should not be this nerve-wracking. X(It's not within my right to comment on the state of affairs. It is what it is. I pledged myself to this affair at the beginning of December, and I'm still here, and I have nobody but myself to blame for it.While I do feel the 'delete my vote' feature should be removed next time around, I will accept its presence in this contest.It's fitting, actually: this is, after all, the first contest following a downtime which, in my mind at least, threw the survival of the entire forum into question.That's plenty of reason for this contest to have a) such a high number of heavyweights in the fray, and b ) such drama in the final poll.Resolving in the new year to needlessly complain less often,Shyyrn

Edited by Shyyrn

Oh hey. Voted for Dreamland, Techna, and Day Run. Can't guarantee I'll be able to find the time to participate in them, but I've read through them, and out of the entries that made it through, they deserve to win. ^_^(Still would prefer Elementum 2, but what're you gonna do? :P)-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

Well considering you post once a blue moon on Aftermath we're expecting maybe one update per RPG per week as far as you're concerned. :P

asdfsldkfldkj. An online poll for a role-playing game should not be this nerve-wracking. X(

Annnyywaayysss (I need to stop doing that) it's only nerve wracking because none of you are following the MST3K Mantra. Just update it a bit and...It's just a RPG contest, you should really just relax.Vote for Island of Pain or we'll send the IRS to your house on claims of tax fraud. :evilgrin:-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

asdfsldkfldkj. An online poll for a role-playing game should not be this nerve-wracking. X(It's not within my right to comment on the state of affairs. It is what it is. I pledged myself to this affair at the beginning of December, and I'm still here, and I have nobody but myself to blame for it.While I do feel the 'delete my vote' feature should be removed next time around, I will accept its presence in this contest.It's fitting, actually: this is, after all, the first contest following a downtime which, in my mind at least, threw the survival of the entire forum into question.That's plenty of reason for this contest to have a) such a high number of heavyweights in the fray, and b ) such drama in the final poll.Resolving in the new year to needlessly complain less often,Shyyrn

I know it probably seems otherwise, but I don't really care about the delete vote function. Of course I'm having fun commenting on it, but I just see it as something else to make this contest more nerve wracking. Which is a good thing, by the way. :P

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

Dreamland is in third!

131199900845.jpg

Fluttershy is now the official Dreamland mascot.

Vote for it. Vote for her.

You're gonna love her.

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

I could respond with many images of Fluttershy that will overload the forums with cuteness and result in another Great Downtime.But I won't.Come on, just one more vote for Dreamland...