Set Review: 75529 Elite Praetorian Guard

Elite Praetorian Guard Teaser Image

With the latest Star Wars movie coming out this week, it's time for us to look at the final CCBS set of the year: 75529 Elite Praetorian Guard. BZPower Reporter Xccj takes a look at this set to determine if it's worth getting, or if it should be left in a galaxy far, far away. Read on or watch the video review to see what the set has going for it.

View the full article

• Upvote 2

Great review! 

I personally really like the head mold, it's a far cry from anything else the Star Wars CCBS line has ever given us and looks fairly menacing. 

Prior to this set, I always viewed these sets as nothing more than parts-packs to expand my CCBS resources for MOCing, save for General Grievous, who I unfortunately don't own. However, this character looks really neat when built, which is a double edged sword since he also has extremely useful parts. 

Red hordika necks! Woah!

I'll take two.

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

I have mixed feelings about this character. Certainly the red is a nice change of pace, and makes the set an impressive parts pack, but they're still largely the type of faceless, monochrome "trooper" build that tends to bore me. I'm much more drawn to the Rey and Chewbacca figures, which strike me as having more personality.

Interesting gear or in this case gearless function.

It looks like they tried to make a Skull basher design with out the giant button.

I personally think it was nice to see them try to be experimental, even on a Star Wars build. The parts is the biggest reason I bought this set.

I think the review was nice as always.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/