Favorite track(s) from the Web of Shadows score?

Tyrion Archer

The trilogy is complete. After 14, 13, and 12 years respectively, we finally have all three Bionicle film soundtracks available as full-length score albums. 'Tis a glorious day indeed.

While Legends of Metru Nui is still my favorite of the three, the Web of Shadows score is absolutely astonishing and is my very close second-favorite. It not only evolves the themes from the first two films beautifully, but also expands on the darker elements of those scores to perfectly accommodate this movie's darker tone. Unlike LoMN, I'm not quite able to narrow down which singular track I love the most. I can, however, narrow it down to three:

"Web of Shadows" - Epic and menacing introduction.

"The Falling Tears" - I love how the Toa's motif from the second film evolves into a fuller theme in this film. This is definitely my favorite rendition of it in this movie.

"Off to Mata Nui" - A perfect way to close the trilogy. The final evolution of the main theme from the first two films makes me want to cry every time.

Additional major highlights:

"Sidorak and Roodaka"

"Flying Escape"

"The Great Temple"

"Strength Comes From Unity"

As usual, feel free to share which track or set of tracks is your favorite once you've gotten a chance to listen to the album one or two times.

• Upvote 1

Previous usernames:

Joffrey

IAmGroot

Although I still have to purchase the scores to LoMN and WoS, I have listened to the previews on iTunes. :P I really like “Follow the Tears,” though. I’ve loved that song for a long time. I’ll have to listen to the rest before I make a final decision.

Edited by Daler99
  • Upvote 1

~Daler