I need help locating what I believe is a 2001 Retailer video

Night Terror

First of all, it has been AGES since I last was in BZPower, so I hope I am in the right section.

Long story short, not too long ago (around a month?) I was browsing the Internet remembering some BIONICLE videos (I do believe, note the "I believe", it was on the BioMedia Project site) and I stumbled into a video that looked really similar to the 2002 Bohrok CD "Summary" one, even using the same music:

There are, however, key differences:

-The video uses far many more promo images from the 2001 ads/booklets/whatever you call them (ie: Close up of the Toa Mata gathered with the jungle background)

-The track, instead of fading at 2:44, is used to its full extent (around 3 minutes and 10 seconds if I remember correctly), and it reveals that it ends with the same basic tone (the three keynotes) slowing down until it completely stops.

-If I recall correctly, the video ends with the virtues symbol in the same way as the Hero Music video.

-It focus exclusively on 2001, and if I am not mistaken it even speaks (in text) about the main story.

I can't seem to recall more details sadly. From what I can recall, it seemed like a video Advance/LEGO put together to enthrice retailers back when BIONICLE first started, but it seems to have faded (or rather, I don't know anymore where to look).

Does any of this ring a bell to anyone, or have I gone completely mad? :/

• Upvote 1

"Dream, not of what you are, but of what you want to be."

Credit to Surreality for the banner, and to bonesiii, Black Six and Binkmeister for the Proto Boosts!

Hmm. This sounds super interesting, but I don't think you saw it on Biomedia Project - I just went through their whole archive a short while ago and at the time, even the Bohrok CD version you linked lacked narration in their copy. Didn't see anything like you describe.

Your description of the full music sounds true to what I remember hearing when it used to be listenable on this page, though, so I totally believe that you saw this vid. If it uses the three virtues spinny animation thing its probably from 2002, though - at least, we only have 2002 stuff that uses that animation, so I don't think it would have been made in 01. 

It'll be tricky to track this down, considering how many similar videos there are - the one you linked, and also like The Legend Lives and Project BUGS. If you saw it a month ago, it's gotta be out there still - any chance you might be able to dig it out by searching your browsing history, or something like that?

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Hmm. This sounds super interesting, but I don't think you saw it on Biomedia Project - I just went through their whole archive a short while ago and at the time, even the Bohrok CD version you linked lacked narration in their copy. Didn't see anything like you describe.

Your description of the full music sounds true to what I remember hearing when it used to be listenable on this page, though, so I totally believe that you saw this vid. If it uses the three virtues spinny animation thing its probably from 2002, though - at least, we only have 2002 stuff that uses that animation, so I don't think it would have been made in 01. 

It'll be tricky to track this down, considering how many similar videos there are - the one you linked, and also like The Legend Lives and Project BUGS. If you saw it a month ago, it's gotta be out there still - any chance you might be able to dig it out by searching your browsing history, or something like that?

Hey there Pereki. Upon inspecting the Legend Lives again it's possible I've mixed up some stuff, because while searching for the video I stumbled upon the visual style book a BZPer got some years ago, and the CDs in there have a BIONICLE logo, from 2003, in which a purple light goes over it.

I think I recall seeing either, Advance and LEGO's logos there too, either at the end or the beginning of that video too. It's a video that piqued my interest due stuff like that. "How has this gone unnoticed so far!?" I thought.

Also I've tried the browser history but nada. Maybe it's been longer, or I deleted it (but I'd swear I saw it more recently than otherwise).

Arfff, I hate it when this happens to me XD

• Upvote 1

Credit to Surreality for the banner, and to bonesiii, Black Six and Binkmeister for the Proto Boosts!

Actually, while we're on the subject, what is the origin of this video?

Its on the Bohrok Swarm/Toa Nuva CD-ROMS. You'll see versions of it floating around without the narration like that because that's how the video is stored on the CD, the narration is separate audio clips that are set to play at the appropriate timestamps when you watch it on the disc. Kinda weird. 

• Upvote 1

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Okay, so I think I know what's happened... Turns out my mind might have played me a bad experience and has mixed me some stuff together.

What I was looking for was the first half of the 2003 retailer video, where at the end you see the LEGO and Miramax logos together (2:26 here, as Pereki uploaded it to YT:

) before presenting the Mask of Light movies to retailers.

Growing old is bad for your brain cells. RIP me.

Sorry for the confusion guys. Edited by Night Terror
  • Upvote 4

Oh yeah, that one! I totally forgot it had the ending of that music track in it. Glad you figured out what the video was, even if it ended up not being something new.