BZPower's ODYSSEY

Voltex

bzp_odyssey.jpg

Welcome to Okoto. It is an island with a particularly violent history. Rare is the year where two regions do not enter into conlict with each other.

The times of peace, as small and as quiet as they might be, are always something to be cherished - and this is where you come in.

It is the year 319 AE (After Ekimu). The War for the Throne has finally ended; his grace, Pulse Vatten, now sits securely on the throne. For the first time in three years, Okoto finds itself united once more, with no conflict to speak of.

Typically, at the end of each year, a week-long, island-wide celebration is held, celebrating peace and unity; but the War for the Throne encompassed all of Okoto, and the celebrations were skipped as the war stretched on.

These celebrations - known as the Odyssey Celebrations - are named for a Protector of Fire named Odysseus, who gathered together a crew of Protectors from every element hundreds of years ago and sailed south for adventure, during a time when Okoto seemed at its most divided. He and his crew faced great perils, but faced them united together, and emerged victorious. They later returned to Okoto with great riches, which they gifted to the various regions, and ever since, the Odyssey Celebrations have been held in their honor.

As a part of each celebration, a small crew of Protectors is selected from each element to sail south just like Odysseus did. A captain is chosen from one region by the leaders of Okoto; the rest of the crew consists of two Protectors from each element. The Protectors chosen are sent because they understand the importance of unity, and can set their differences aside - for to turn against their crew mates during the celebrations would be tantamount to declaring war on the rest of Okoto.

Your voyage begins here.

How it Works
This game is a small holiday special, but functions the same way as other BZP Realms games. You'll make your moves via PM. You can check the first post of this topic if you want to know more about moves and whatnot.

Roles
Roles don't really exist this time around. I will be playing the Captain; the rest of you are my crew.

Due to the short length of this game, we will not be using any character stats.

Players
0-Voltex as Captain Nikila Aodh
1-Burnmad as Efandril Aodh
2-RG as Bartok Ember
3-Voxumo as Arstor Archean
4-Smoke Monster as Cinobin
5-Onaku as Nagai Greavesey
6-FF as Zeleste Rime
7-Trijhak as Etrajj Lurrun
8-Unit as Tukbrig Corruich
9-TTL as Rassilon Oak

We have two spots left - one water, one jungle. I'll leave them open until tonight.

If you have already signed up, please post again here to confirm it (as well as your character's last name if you haven't already).

I ALSO have a small poll for all of you:

We have two options for this game:
Option 1 - We play for two rounds. Sailing to our destination, and sailing back.

Option 2 - We play for three rounds. Sailing to our destination, camping at the destination, and then sailing back.

Please vote your preference alongsie your confirmation/signup. Edited by Lucina
  • Upvote 5

I'm also confirming my sign up and voting for Option 2.

Will also have my character's name be Eslupton Lurrun.

...You know what, I'll change the first name too because it's stupid as it's literally 'Not Pulse' backwards. 'Etrajj' is marginally less stupid. Etrajj Lurrun.

Edited by Trijhak

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Awesome, count me in

I see your new here so allow me to welcome you to BZPower.

Since your joining I recommend picking the jungle faction we're a fun bunch. (that and I'm partially bias since I'm jungle too :P )

I hope you enjoy your time here in this bionicle themed corner of the internet.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Thanks, I'll go with Jungle then

One thing - "If you have already signed up, please post again here to confirm it (as well as your character's last name if you haven't already)." Does this mean I have to wait for a message from OP giving me my role/character name, or do I just come up with that and post it here?

Thanks, I'll go with Jungle then

One thing - "If you have already signed up, please post again here to confirm it (as well as your character's last name if you haven't already)." Does this mean I have to wait for a message from OP giving me my role/character name, or do I just come up with that and post it here?

You come up with the character name.

Most people use there BZPower names for there first character.

The last name is one of the house names in the jungle region there is Hinterland, Briar, and Boscage at this point in time.

(I recommend Hinterland house since it is the ruling house of the jungle faction and again I'm bias towards that one since that was my first characters house. :P )

But if you don't want a house name you can pick your own last name and claim your from a minor house.

Edited by Rassilon (TTL)

Hey, thanks. I'm gonna say Railgun Boscage just because it sounds the coolest

Glade to help.

Oh and to catch you up on the lore of what all happened before this game.

The former jungle ruler was rumored to be killed by Nato and Terrorsaur.

(Nato of the Ice region Terrorsaur of water) because my old character TimeLord desided to imprison them for the genocide of the stone region even though he helped plan said genocide.

Some fighting happened in between then and now called the War for the Throne where the hiding true prince of Okoto desided to reclaim the thrown. He won his name is Pulse.

During said conflict the fire region burnt half of the jungle and all jungle citizens are now second class citizens to the fire region since they conquered the region. Basically there is no jungle region were just a part of the fire region now but we still wear green armour and stuff.

And that is season one in a nutshell.

Edited by Rassilon (TTL)