Me and my MOCing ability.

Spiffy247

near the end of Bionicle G1, I tried a bit of MOCing. I thought I was so cool. My selfMOC was made before I knew what a selfMOC was. and you know, it was an Inika build. I thought I was making the coolest creations. My first titan was using Tuma's body, no changes. I stopped trying after a couple months. Then at the end of G2, I started again. I used the 2016 Torso pieces with slight changes. Then I started adding posable hands to my MOCs. Then I started doing custom torsos. Then lots of details. In a period of about a year of MOCing, I have made a lot of progress. My Titan Makuta is way better than Terrracus, my first titan.

And now my SelfMOC has way more detail, custom torso, articulated hands, skirting, the whole nine yards. I even added weapon storage on his back. I then made the handle of his hammer way more interesting than a normal long axle. I am hoping to get a goood camera in a couple months so I can share my MOCs on the sites and places I really like. after a year and a half of MOCing, I am making creations I can really be happy with. When I found websites about Bionicle, I was discouraged. That is not true anymore.

Thanks for reading my rambling on my creations.

~Spiffy.

• Upvote 1

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

i had wanted to try making some cool things myself back when, i got the Master Builder set and later a couple of the Toys R Us piece tubs, but apart from a small squid rahi there wasn't really much that turned out satisfactory, and i was a lot more content building structures and vehicles out of more normal lego pieces, so i ditched attempting bionicle MOCs for a while.

near the end of gen 1 though, i had started tweaking Toa Ignika with some of Dekar's pieces, and slowly but surely i started rebuilding him over and over with some more tweaks until it turned into something i was really happy with, despite it not really being anything as cleverly designed as some of my favourite MOCs from others.

so yeah, i guess i can kinda relate.

~Bionicle Online Games Guru~
Current Bionicle Sets: 232/250
2001: 23/24 2002: 20/21 2003: 22/22 2004: 22/22 2005: 23/23
2006: 16/22 2007: 22/22 2008: 25/27 2009: 26/26 2010: 4/6
2015: 18/18 2016: 11/17

I made this av-matoran self moc last year, heres a picture

WPH1ySS.jpgI was happy with it until I tried to make a rahaga bomonga revamp without a rahaga bomonga (I used Vorahk) but then I took apart my self moc. Some time after I made him again, but not how he used to be... So I made him some  matoran hordika and I dont know if im gonna change him back.

He used some cut av-matoran limbs

CORRECT ME IF I'M CANONLY INCORRECT

WIPUVUw.jpgI will come for you, I will find you, AND I WILL Correct that post you made, its the mask of shadows, not the mask of darkness, loser

I like to think I'm a competent MOCer. My self-MOC has a silver Avohkii, as you could probably tell from my avatar. He's got a custom torso between the sizes of a Matoran/Turaga and Toa.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I like to think I'm a competent MOCer. My self-MOC has a silver Avohkii, as you could probably tell from my avatar. He's got a custom torso between the sizes of a Matoran/Turaga and Toa.

I am in the same boat. I''m not amazing, but I do well with what I am trying to create. I hope to get a camera next month, so expect to see my better MOCs.

awesome! I just got inspired to make custom arms using the hordika lower arm piece. Do you have any storyline for your self-moc? maybe it explains the mismatched arm? (or its just only having one of each of those arm pieces) also, I saw the gears there, I thought if you had an axle sticking out the inika shoulder piece, it would make a really cool gear function!  :D

WIPUVUw.jpgI will come for you, I will find you, AND I WILL Correct that post you made, its the mask of shadows, not the mask of darkness, loser

awesome! I just got inspired to make custom arms using the hordika lower arm piece. Do you have any storyline for your self-moc? maybe it explains the mismatched arm? (or its just only having one of each of those arm pieces) also, I saw the gears there, I thought if you had an axle sticking out the inika shoulder piece, it would make a really cool gear function!  :D

I did have only one Nuju Hordika lower arm. My reason in-universe is that he lost and rebuilt his arm after an engineering accident while building his jetpack.

Gallery

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

I did have only one Nuju Hordika lower arm. My reason in-universe is that he lost and rebuilt his arm after an engineering accident while building his jetpack.

Gallery

I like the way you used 2 rahkshi upper torsos for the jetpack, got any other cool mocs?

I like your Saahrak moc  :)

awesome! I just got inspired to make custom arms using the hordika lower arm piece. Do you have any storyline for your self-moc? maybe it explains the mismatched arm? (or its just only having one of each of those arm pieces) also, I saw the gears there, I thought if you had an axle sticking out the inika shoulder piece, it would make a really cool gear function! :D

Gallery

I like the way you used 2 rahkshi upper torsos for the jetpack, got any other cool mocs?

I like your Saahrak moc :)

Thanks. The ones on Brickshelf are all that I have.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Actually, my current SelfMOC used to use a 2016 torso, a unity piece, and a second unity piece to connect his wings. Now the only torso-ish piece I use is the hip piece from the metru/Inika build days.

I still use torso armor, but I do that for appearance, not simplicity.

Edited by Spiffy247