Bionicle Mafia XLII: Graveyard

xccj

Hmm.... I kind of want to see a triple hang, but I know someone will come along to ruin that dream like they always do. As such I shall place vote for Toru. Nothing personal, just really don't want to die again in round 1 without the chance of taking others down with me.

PS: We really need a mafia game with a role whose purpose/goal is to die via lynching/vote, and whom gains powers upon successful death.

Edited by Vox
  • Upvote 1

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

PS: We really need a mafia game with a role whose purpose/goal is to die via lynching/vote, and whom gains powers upon successful death.

*cough cough*

1x Vengeful Spirits - They appear to be mere Grave Diggers, but their spirits can return upon their deaths. This will happen if they are killed by a Grave Robber who is not brought to justice the next day, and they can only target the members on their suspect list. Once they kill their murderer, they return to the afterlife in peace.

Current Vote:

Toru Nui: 3

Vox: 2

Kuan: 1

Rahkshi Guurahk: 1

Toa Smoke Monster: 1

Trijhak: 1

Congrats on getting everybody at least one vote. :D

:music:

Being killed by the equivalent of the Mafia is easy, being lynched is a bit harder. 

Town of Salem has a role called Jester whose entire purpose is to be lynched by the town, and upon lynching anyone who voted them guilty is at risk of death by the Jester, whom can kill only one. 

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Tsk tsk tsk Tex... This is the game you want to play eh? I suppose that is fair, as you have nothing to lose as you are as good as dead... 

And Pahrak. Really now? What cause do you have to even consider me? Do you truly believe I could be the "Meticulous one"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

You wish I was the obvious Mafia, but alas I haven't been an actual role in a mafia game for quite sometime now. And if you all used your brain versus "Instinct" you'd notice I play very differently when I actually do have a role of importance.

But go ahead, vote me. Join the bandwagon that has formed with no reason provided.  :closedeyes:

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

You wish I was the obvious Mafia, but alas I haven't been an actual role in a mafia game for quite sometime now. And if you all used your brain versus "Instinct" you'd notice I play very differently when I actually do have a role of importance.

But go ahead, vote me. Join the bandwagon that has formed with no reason provided.  :closedeyes:

My my, so defensive. Couldn't possibly be a mafia man, no way no sir no how.

• Upvote 2

Switching my vote from Trijhak to Toa Smoke Monster.

I had a meeting with Trijhak, and he has convinced me he is not in fact evil. Toa Smoke Monster, on the other hand, literally has 'Monster' in their name. Sometimes you just have to follow the clues given to you. like how Toa Smoke Monster has Monster in their name. My name doesn't have 'Monster' in it, does yours?

• Upvote 2

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

DAY ONE RESULTS

The Grave Diggers continued to argue over who the Mafia killer really was, but there were many differing opinions. Vox, in particular, took great offense to those who suggested he was the culprit.

“How could I even be the Mafia?” Vox asked. “I’m always so busy digging graves, I wouldn’t have any time for that nonsense.”

“I think you doth protest too much,” Toru Nui said.

Vox narrowed his eyes. “I think we all know who’s really at fault here,” he snarled, and then he pointed dramatically at Toa Smoke Monster. “Look at that guy! He just screams intimidating. Toa Smoke Monster is the Grave Robber!”

Enough of the other Grave Diggers had already suspected Toa Smoke Monster, and with Vox’s statement, a majority appeared to be made. “Toa Smoke Monster,” Xccj proclaimed. “You are hereby charged as being a despicable Mafioso, and are sentenced to death!”

The crowd of Grave Diggers surrounded Toa Smoke Monster, and pushed him towards the newly constructed gallows that Kuan and Railgun had constructed during the day while the others were arguing.

“Any last words?” Xccj asked, as Toa Smoke Monster was roped up.

Toa Smoke Monster didn’t speak, but merely lowered his head solemnly. It appeared that he feared not his own death, but rather the direction the company of Grave Diggers was heading in.

Xccj pulled the lever, and the deed was done. But then something slipped from Toa Smoke Monster’s lifeless robes, and landed on the ground in front of the crowd.

Taka Nuvia gasped. “I recognize that staff. It belonged to the Gate Keeper. But that means. . .”

The crowd fell silent. They hadn’t hung a Grave Robber at all. Instead, they had just hung their only protector.

“You’re the one who cast the deciding vote for him!” Pahrak #0579 snapped, pointing at Vox. “You’re responsible for the death of the Gate Keeper!”

“No, I was sure he was guilty!” Vox protested, his voice weak.

Enraged, the crowd of Grave Diggers mobbed towards Vox, who started screaming. But then the Accountant ran forward, shouting, “Wait, wait, Vox is a Grave Digger! I just found his ticket to next month’s 'Grave Diggers R Us' Convention; he wouldn’t bother attending unless he was a true Grave Digger!”

But alas, it was too late, for the mob had already beaten Vox to death. This time, instead of anger, there was a sense of guilt in the air; they had just killed their second innocent of the day.

Or at least most of them thought that. “Alright, who’s next?” Trijhak asked, waving his shovel in the air eagerly.

“Enough,” Xccj commanded. “There’s been enough blood spilt today. Let us focus on the job at hand. Now, how many graves have been dug?”

“Azalea and I each dug one while you guys were busy arguing,” Rahkshi Guurahk said.

“Only too graves?” Xccj asked, shaking his head. “Well, dispose of these two bodies for now, and you can all start again in the morning. But the sun is already setting, so it looks like we’ll have to call it a day.”

“Wait, are you leaving again?” Finch asked, as Xccj made his way for the shore.

“Of course,” Xccj said. “You guys are a bunch of murderous maniacs; I don’t want to stay here overnight.”

The rest of the Grave Diggers finished burying Toa Smoke Monster and Vox, and then retreated to their tents. The Head Honcho was particularly happy about the day’s events; the Grave Robbers hadn’t managed a kill yet, but they had avoided persecution. They would have to try again tonight.

Meanwhile, the Necromancer walked towards the freshly covered graves. Last night, he had tried to seek out a corpse to reanimate, but all the lifeless bodies on the island were too far gone for his purposes. But now he had two new specimen, and he grinned beneath his mask with anticipation.

TL/DR

Toa Smoke Monster: Gate Keeper – Lynched

Vox: Grave Digger – Lynched

Roles, please PM me your actions for Night 2.

• Upvote 2

*Chuckles* Oh... The Head Honcho done mucked up, to reveal themselves so carelessly like that.

Edited by Vox

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

It is worth reminding that there are three possible vote modifiers:

If the Accountant discovers a Grave Robber, they can neutralize their vote the next day.

The Head Honcho is very influential, so their vote counts as double during lynches.

If a Vampire Victim survives, their vote is overwritten by the Vampire.

So, Smoke, Pahrak, Toru, and Myself are all suspects here hmm...

I'm glad you realize I'm innocent, but I'd like to remind you that I'm on the suspect list of the grave robbers. =P

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

NIGHT 2

The Maniac gleefully skipped down the island path. The Head Honcho had given him permission to kill two members that night, and the Maniac was happy to oblige. Now all he had to do was figure out just the right ways to make his kills...

Rassilon (TTL) rose from his slumber, feeling particularly unwell. All day, he had felt off, like his body was on auto-pilot even as he was fully aware of his surroundings. And there had been the various pains and aches throughout the day, including an unnaturally hot feeling from the sunset, as if he had an aversion to sunlight. His body felt cold now, unnaturally so, but what was really bugging him was the tooth ache.

He rose from his cot and looked into the mirror on the edge of his tent. As he opened his mouth, he realized his front teeth had grown longer... and pointier. They were fangs now. As Rassilon caught a glimpse of his neck, he noticed the two bite marks. Realization hit him; he had been bitten by the Vampire the previous night! But his transformation was too far gone, and now he was becoming a vampire himself.

“That’s… interesting,” Rassilon said to himself. “I guess I can still dig graves, but I’ll just have to do it at night. I am feeling a bit thirsty though...”

He readjusted his mirror to get a better look at his new fangs, but suddenly he noticed a shadow behind him. “Hiya!” the Maniac said, before he jumped forward and wrapped a choke string around Rassilon’s neck.

“No, you don’t know what you’re doing!” Rassilon shouted, but he was cut off as the Maniac shoved a roll of garlic in his mouth.

“Now be nice and quiet,” the Maniac said. “You’re drowning out all the other voices in my head!”

As effective as the Maniac’s choke string was, it wouldn’t be enough to slay a Vampire, even a novice one. But the garlic was affecting Rassilon, causing him excruciating pain. After a few minutes, he collapsed, never to walk on his own again.

The Maniac let the body fall to the floor. “Not messy enough,” he complained. “And I wasted all my garlic as his gag. Oh well, still have time for one more murder!”

The Accountant was irked from having been ignored during the day. “I’ll find out who these Grave Robbers really are,” he muttered, and started pulling up files on one particular member.

“Hmm, this one has quite a temper,” the Accountant said to himself. “There’s a traffic ticket from when he was cut off on the highway, and he followed the other driver and enacted revenge on their vehicle. There’s also a restraining order against a chef because he once received a fly in his soup and his got physical with the restaurant staff. And, wow, he never forgives anybody who wrongs him on social media, ever. If this guy ever died, he’d be a Vengeful Spirit for sure!”

The Accountant pondered whether he should let the others know about this member’s temper, but decided against it. Everything else pointed to him being a simple Grave Digger. The Accountant wouldn’t bother making an announcement until he found something juicy.

Lucina stepped into the tent of another Grave Digger. Despite the witch hunt for him, he still needed to feed, and he had eluded all the other members thus far, including the all too obvious Maniac who was pushing some sort of cart between the tents, as well as another member who was peeking into Valendale’s tent. The Grave Digger was fast sleep, and didn’t feel Lucina sinking his fangs into their neck. But Lucina was careful not to drink too much blood; this Grave Digger would survive, and if things went well, he would become a new vampire soon.

Quiet as the night, Lucina slipped away from the Grave Digger’s camp and returned to the decrepit village, where he had taken refuge in one of the few storage barns that remained intact. But as soon as he entered, he knew something was off, and as such wasn’t surprised when a figure moved in the shadows.

“I am the Vampire Hunter!” the figure said confidentially, with a dagger in each hand. “I am here to smite the undead! Prepare to be vanquished!”

“I figured we’d cross paths tonight,” Lucina said. “But I’m not going to make this easy for you.”

The Vampire Hunter charged, swinging his daggers for Lucina. But Lucina quickly sidestepped, and the daggers sliced empty air. Before the Hunter could attack again, Lucina punched him hard in the gut, throwing him backwards into the wall. His hood fell down, revealing the shape of his Kakama mask.

“You’re mine!” Lucina roared, darting forward with enhanced vampire speed. He pinned the Hunter to the wall, and prepared to sink his teeth into his shoulder. But the Vampire Hunter had readied his dagger, and sank it into Lucina’s chest.

Lucina roared in pain, even as the Vampire Hunter stepped back. But then Lucina tore out the knife and tossed it aside. “That’s not going to be enough to kill me,” he snarled.

The Vampire Hunter seemed to realize now that he was outclassed. He drew a grappling gun, fired it into the woodwork of the ceiling, and then used it to pull himself up and out of reach. But Lucina wasn’t going to let him escape; he jumped up and flew into the rafters, ready to make short work of the Hunter. But then something caught him; thin wires were crisscrossing most of the openings between the wooden frames, catching Lucina in a makeshift net. It had been a trap!

Lucina pulled at the wires, hoping to rip himself free, but in doing so he destabilized the roof. Wooden beams splintered and fell as everything caved in on top of the Vampire. The Vampire Hunter, having thusly prepared the trap, had already retreated to safety.

The dust settled in the aftermath of the barn’s collapse, and the Vampire Hunter walked through the debris. It didn’t take him long to find Lucina, who had two wooden beams stabbed through his body. But still, he survived, only now he was pinned down.

The Hunter knelt down next to Lucina, and drew his ceremonial cross. “I am here to smite the undead,” he said to Lucina. “Prepare to be vanquished.” With that, he stabbed the cross into Lucina’s heartlight. There was a scream and a flash of light, and then Lucina’s body turned to dust. Satisfied, the Vampire Hunter straightened his cloak and made his way back to his tent.

The Necromancer lit one last candle as he prepared his ceremony. He had dug up one of the fresh bodies and dragged it to a small cave along the shore, where he had taken refuge the night before. He had placed the body in the center of a magic circle drawn on the floor and surrounded by various dark objects. Now it was time to grow his undead army.

“Rise, my minion,” the Necromancer chanted. “Rise from the grave!”

Smoke from the candles began to swirl around the corpse, even as the fires grew stronger. Suddenly, the lifeless body began convulsing, as dark energies swirled around it.

“ARISE” the Necromancer cried, and with a jolt, the body sat up. The eyes were lifeless, but still they blinked. The corpse tried to rise to his feet, even as the candlelight dimmed, but collapsed under his weight.

“Patience, my minion,” the Necromancer said, kneeling down next to the Reanimated Corpse. “Your body is still weak, so do not tax yourself. Save your strength, so that I may use it tomorrow night.”

“My master,” the corpse said, his voice gravely. “I exist to obey you. What be your will?”

“We will get to that later,” the Necromancer. “You will rest here. I must soon return to the village, where I shall continue to mascaraed as a Grave Digger. But next nightfall. . . those foolish diggers will see just what my powers can do!”

“Ring, ring! Ring, ring!”

“What are you going on about?” Kuan demanded, opening his tent. Outside, he noticed a member with a cart, who was enthusiastically mimicking a doorbell.

“I’m a toy salesman!” the Maniac said cheerfully. “Would you like to see my fun collection of toys for sale? I’ve got a pogo stick!”

“It’s the middle of the night,” Kuan complained. “And what’s this nonsense about a toy salesman. Aren’t you a Grave Digger?”

“A good business Matoran knows how to diversify,” the Maniac said. “Can I interest you in some snazzy marbles?”

“I want to go back to bed, so get lost,” Kuan snapped.

“Just try out this Jack-in-the-Box toy,” the Maniac said, holding it out. “Just one round and then I’ll leave.”

“If that’s what it takes to get rid of you, fine,” Kuan said. He twisted the lever on the box, which started playing a slow little jingle. “This better not be too surprising,” he said. “I really dislike surprises.”

“I hope you’re not surprised by the knife, then,” the Maniac said.

“Knife?” Kuan repeated, but it was too late. The Jack-in-the-Box burst opened, but instead of a silly clown, there was a jagged knife attached to the spring, and it stabbed Kuan directly in the middle of the head. He was only able to let out a single gasp of surprise before he fell to the ground, dead.

“Tee-hee-hee, what a fun night!” the Maniac said, carting his toys away. “Maybe they’ll let me do this again tomorrow night!”

The next morning, everybody was gathering their supplies, ready for a day of shoveling, when the two bodies were discovered. Xccj wrinkled his nose as he looked down at them. “One stabbed in the face, and the other strangled... and given Vampire teeth, oddly enough? There is still a Mafian amongst us!”

“Um, yes, we didn’t actually catch them yesterday,” Azalea pointed out.

“We shall hold a vote!” Xccj declared. “A Mafian will hang tonight!”

As the crowd gathered, Unit#phntk#1 whispered, “Did anybody see Lucina at all last night? Wasn’t he supposed to be a Vampire?”

The Vampire Hunter overheard him, and allowed himself a slight grin. He had vanquished his most dangerous foe, but there were still undead out there, and his job was far from over...

TL/DR

Lucina – Vampire - killed by Vampire Hunter

Rassilon (TTL) – Vampire Victim – killed by Grave Robbers

Kuan – Grave Digger – killed by Grave Robbers

Suspect List:

Taka Nuvia

Valendale

Trijhak

Railgun

You have 48-ish hours to vote.

I always seem to be lynched whenever I cast the first vote on these games. :P

Wowz, TSM, did you scare everyone away from voting first? :o

*starts writing a scene where everybody is too uncomfortable to vote so the mafia get away with it.* :P

• Upvote 2

Well... this is very disappointing. Those alive have an obvious mafia on their suspect list, yet can't be bothered to play the game they signed up for... tsk tsk.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

I always seem to be lynched whenever I cast the first vote on these games. :P

Wowz, TSM, did you scare everyone away from voting first? :o

*starts writing a scene where everybody is too uncomfortable to vote so the mafia get away with it.* :P

Maybe not the first vote, but apparently every vote after it. :P

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png