Cool set recoulors

Miru577

I was browsing some dank bionicle memes, I came across a meme with Lehvak, that reminded me of the Bahrag queens, but one of them in green. I googled "bionicle bahrag recoulor" but I got nothing.

You got any recoulors?

CORRECT ME IF I'M CANONLY INCORRECT

WIPUVUw.jpgI will come for you, I will find you, AND I WILL Correct that post you made, its the mask of shadows, not the mask of darkness, loser

I don't know about any full recoloring, it could just be a color filter they put them through. I know when they were very first advertised in the LEGO catalog Cahdok was depicted as having red eyes instead of both having green:

8558_main.jpg?1328370300

8558_image1.jpg

This happened a lot in Bionicle.

Pridak's eyes were depicted as red on his instruction manual, I remember seeing it happen to Ehlek as well somewhere.

001.jpg

The Visorak instructions also had a lot of misprints too.

I mean we've had a lot of pieces recolored for new sets throughout Bionicle, like the blue Whenua mask in the Kharzanhi set or the Metru colored Rhaakshi masks in the Rahaga or Dume's mask in Silver for Toa Norik.

But as far as recoloring an entire set, I think it would really cool to see a dark Toa Nuva Takanuva: as in the gold parts are gunmetal grey and the white parts are all black, or something to that extent.

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

Hey, this is pretty awesome!

On topic, I wouldn't have minded seeing more Bohrok recolors. Purple Bohrok, Teal Bohrok, Transparent Bohrok, Golden Bohrok, Fohrok...

You can never have enough Bohrok.

:kakama:

• Upvote 1

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

On topic, I wouldn't have minded seeing more Bohrok recolors. Purple Bohrok, Teal Bohrok, Transparent Bohrok, Golden Bohrok, Fohrok...

Bohrok? Why not some Mohrok?

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

whats a Fohrok, and whats a Mohrok? also there are bohrok recoulors??

WIPUVUw.jpgI will come for you, I will find you, AND I WILL Correct that post you made, its the mask of shadows, not the mask of darkness, loser

A Fohrok is artificial Bohrok that were created by the Brotherhood of Makuta by the Nynrah Ghosts, but were destroyed by the Toa Hagah. They have the individual powers of the original Bohrok, but they are yellow and blue to distinguish them from the originals. And I don't think they use Krana. Fohrok actually isn't what they're called, it's just a smashed up version of "Fake-Bohrok" :P They can actually have been built by someone in the past, speaking of recolored sets. :D

fohrok_by_iglazyass-d8x9y83.jpg

A Mohrok I believe is something from World of Warcraft, but I could be wrong...

• Upvote 2

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

A Fohrok is artificial Bohrok that were created by the Brotherhood of Makuta by the Nynrah Ghosts, but were destroyed by the Toa Hagah. They have the individual powers of the original Bohrok, but they are yellow and blue to distinguish them from the originals. And I don't think they use Krana. Fohrok actually isn't what they're called, it's just a smashed up version of "Fake-Bohrok" :P They can actually have been built by someone in the past, speaking of recolored sets. :D

Wow!  That Fohrok looks amazing! :D  Now I want to build one...  :smilepahrak:

~Daler

I think this is a mistake, did you mean created by the brotherhood of makuta for the nynrah ghosts or is it created for the brotherhood of makuta by the nynrah ghosts or did they both make them?

I think this is a mistake, did you mean created by the brotherhood of makuta for the nynrah ghosts or is it created for the brotherhood of makuta by the nynrah ghosts or did they both make them?

Let me correct myself: The Brotherhood ordered the Nynrah to make the Fohrok. :P

Formerly Iron_Man5

Wha--no, it's a pun. "Mohrok." "More 'rok."

Miru577, on 07 Jan 2018 - 06:02 AM, said:snapback.png

Spiffy247, on 06 Jan 2018 - 11:23 AM, said:snapback.png

I would call it a "Fauxrok".

why?

"Faux" basically means "fake", and it just sounds neater.

Dunno how to go back and add quotes to a post, so this'll have to do; but "Fohrok" is supposed to sound like "faux-rok." That's the pun.

Edited by Sir Keksalot

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

i find it a little odd that so many rahi didn't really get set releases - even not part of the Master Builder set - but still was used in media like the card game, tales of the tohunga, mnog, etc.... and yet the sand tarakava never made any canonical appearance other than mentions, as far as i remember at least.

~Bionicle Online Games Guru~
Current Bionicle Sets: 232/250
2001: 23/24 2002: 20/21 2003: 22/22 2004: 22/22 2005: 23/23
2006: 16/22 2007: 22/22 2008: 25/27 2009: 26/26 2010: 4/6
2015: 18/18 2016: 11/17

• 4 weeks later...

Going back to the topic on hand, as far as set recolors are concerned, we cannot forget about the beloved Sand Tarakava!

NC6KqdM.jpg

Wasn’t the sand Tarakava supposed to have a ruru not a komau?

You would be correct, the one pictured above is a replica a fan put together (I'm not sure if he was offering it for sale or not...) The official (non-released) version is pictured below :)

s-l300.jpg

• Upvote 1

Formerly Iron_Man5