Set Review: 6217 Surge

I had expected Surge to be a bit more interesting, but now I see the only redeeming parts of him are the blue lightning sword and the lime green limbs. Other than that, he's pretty blah. Thanks for the review -- without it, I probably would have wasted my money on him! :P

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Good review, but the set still seems pretty meh. I anticipated such when I first saw the original pics of the 2012 sets. I probably won't buy him, even if Surge is awesome.

Edited by ToaTonyia toa of awesome

If you think that Justin Bieber sounds like an eight-year old girl hyped up on sugar, copy and paste this into your signature.

Copy and paste this in your signature if you think Greg Farshtey should reveal The Shadowed One's real name.

99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

Guess what? My profile pic has nothing to do with My Little Pony. Get used to it. Copy and paste into your signature if your are like me.(ToaTonyia) Nvm , since I'm a brony now Dashie for president

Copy and paste this sig if you cried a little inside during the cutscenes of Halo: Reach

Everyone talks about the sword looking cool, It is also a great MOCing piece for extra color and design. I may only pick up the set for that one piece alone. The lime wasn't a great choice but for those who don't have any lime shell yet *Cough* Me * Cough* it would be an okay pick up.

Surge was one of my favorites in his 1.0 and even 2.0 incarnations, but this set is just blergh. While everyone else is crying over Evo's lost purple, I mourn Surge's original blue/silver color scheme. The lime here just doesn't work at all-- especially since the lightning on his chest is yellow. That said, the recolor of his weapon is so so awesome.After getting this set, I modified him extensively, mostly making him taller, ridding him of all green and giving him some back armor in the form of a foot. I still am not finished, since I need to order some parts from PaB, but he still looks much better than he originally did.Good review, though.

AXKP5KC.png

I don´t get what everyone hates about the lime on Surge. Personally, it´s one of my favourite LEGO colours (although admittedly, a bit overused in constraction sets as of lately) and I really like it with blue. That said, Surge is one of my favourite Heroes of this wave. The aqua Zamor sphere is gorgeous. :rolleyes:~Gata. ;)

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I love the way Surge's color scheme is arranged. It really makes him look unique. His build is fairly generic, but it still has a lot of personality IMO. I also like how his legs aren't too long-- the longer legs on the three medium-sized Hero sets kind of worry me. Overall, Evo's the more creative Hero set for this price point, but both sets have designs that I feel really suit the characters they represent.Surge is one of the sets I hope to get from the upcoming wave, along with Breez. Some of the only things I would have changed would be to color the lightning bolts on his torso lime green instead of yellow and to give him a Hero foot on his back like the larger Rocka and Breez sets. The latter I can change myself with a pick-a-brick order, but the former is unfortunately outside my control.

I really don't like this set. The color scheme is cluttered, the build is boring, and their are few new parts. Still, I have this set because the few new parts are interesting, and it's a cheap set to get.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

I'm really not getting all the Surge Hate, I got him for Christmas, and I think the Lime and Blue work fairly well together(Although his arms being all Lime is a little bit weird). And while he is pretty basic, he's well-armored. Besides, Evo's pretty basic too, and almost everyone loves him. Granted, he has more new parts, but still.Personally my favorite thing about this line is that everyone looks well-armored but not excessively bulky.~ELM~

andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm...I'm going to have to take back all the negative things I said about Surge earlier. Now that I've seen more pictures, he actually looks fairly cool--if you can ignore the train wrecks that are the HF miniseries. And lately, I've become fairly adept at pretending those things don't exist. "But as long as I'm here, I get to bust heads!"

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

.I take what I said earlier backHe is a neat little figureReplace the lime with evos yellow and I imagine it would look nicer though

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

• 2 weeks later...

the set looks okay, but why does it come to mind that after surge is done handling splitface, he will go enslave some matoran on voya nui?

Okay, I had to chuckle at that.I'm glad to see they kept Surge's original helmet. I wish they'd done something similar in Bionicle *cough*mistikaphantoka*cough* instead of offering up redesigns that didn't capture the character's character. Unfortunately, he seems to suffer from the lanky and lackluster build they all do. He strikes me as something of a Gelu... a solid, decent set that's so ordinary he can't seem to quite capture your imagination.- Heir

LfkQ2ln.png

Click the banner. You know you want to.

Shia Lebouf would tell you to just do it.

the set looks okay, but why does it come to mind that after surge is done handling splitface, he will go enslave some matoran on voya nui?

Okay, I had to chuckle at that.I'm glad to see they kept Surge's original helmet. I wish they'd done something similar in Bionicle *cough*mistikaphantoka*cough* instead of offering up redesigns that didn't capture the character's character. Unfortunately, he seems to suffer from the lanky and lackluster build they all do. He strikes me as something of a Gelu... a solid, decent set that's so ordinary he can't seem to quite capture your imagination.- Heir
He is nothing like Gelu nothing at all. :kaukaunu: :kaukaunu: :kaukaunu: :kaukaunu: :kaukaunu: :kaukaunu: :kaukaunu: