The Legend Of Mata Nui Demo

GrammarVahki

Last summer I was at a yard sale in Vestal New York. I bought some pc games and among them was Lego Creator Harry Potter. I couldn't play it cause my computer was too modern and the game couldn't be played on any version past a certain point of windows. So I kept it in my closet. I recently finally got what ive been looking everywhere for: a new in boxes 2002 windows desktop computer. Its the old white ones that get dirty so easy and stain with dust. I wanted it new cause with the models age who knows what was on it? I installed old windows on it and played all the old games I bought. I just put in Lego Creator Harry Potter and I saw after installing it that on the main menu there are demos of other games like Knights Kingdom and Vikings and get this: Bionicle: Legends Of Mata Nui!!! I clicked it and my mouse cursor became a spinning Kini Nui Mata Nui Stone (rotating 360 degrees like it was loading!) but after taking forever, I got a white box that said a kind of error that it wont let me copy and paste the whole thing here. what does this mean?

Edited by GrammarVahki

Last summer I was at a yard sale in Vestal New York. I bought some pc games and among them was Lego Creator Harry Potter. I couldn't play it cause my computer was too modern and the game couldn't be played on any version past a certain point of windows. So I kept it in my closet. I recently finally got what ive been looking everywhere for: a new in boxes 2002 windows desktop computer. Its the old white ones that get dirty so easy and stain with dust. I wanted it new cause with the models age who knows what was on it? I installed old windows on it and played all the old games I bought. I just put in Lego Creator Harry Potter and I saw after installing it that on the main menu there are demos of other games like Knights Kingdom and Vikings and get this: Bionicle: Legends Of Mata Nui!!! I clicked it and my mouse cursor became a spinning Kini Nui Mata Nui Stone (rotating 360 degrees like it was loading!) but after taking forever, I got a white box that said a kind of error that it wont let me copy and paste the whole thing here. what does this mean?

This is very interesting indeed! I hope someone else here can offer some good advice ;)

My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClo2J14RKmVtcnoJTv7g6PA , Bionicle films coming soon!

So, if I understand this correctly, this supposed demo of the Legend of Mata Nui (that's the title right? not Legends of Mata Nui) would be different from the elusive beta that has been seen elsewhere, right? A demo naturally would not include the ending of the game, so it would not, for example, include the closing cutscenes that have been uploaded elsewhere.

And you're saying that some obscure Lego Harry Potter game from 2002 has had a demo of the Legend of Mata Nui on it all along? Can anyone else get a hold of this CD to confirm??

In any case, it should be very easy for you to rip the contents of the CD as a .iso and upload it somewhere. You don't need to be able to run it. Then you'll get pleeeeeenty of people to help debug it for you. :) Needless to say, the community would be very interested in playing a demo of the Legend of Mata Nui, if it exists.

I'd be very surprised if this was anything substantial. I mean, the mystery of this game is nearly 20 years old and suddenly we realize an old Harry Potter CD had parts of it all along?
Assuming it's anything, no one should get their hopes up beyond like a logo splash or the opening cutscene video. It seems too unlikely for it to be anything else.

• Upvote 5

I'd be very surprised if this was anything substantial. I mean, the mystery of this game is nearly 20 years old and suddenly we realize an old Harry Potter CD had parts of it all along?

Assuming it's anything, no one should get their hopes up beyond like a logo splash or the opening cutscene video. It seems too unlikely for it to be anything else.

Shhhhhhhhhh

As much as I want this to be real, you are probably right. I do recall a LEGO Harry Potter CD having some demos (Not LOMN though) But the demos were videos, not playable games. I wonder if OP checked out the other demos to see if they are actually playable.

Edited by Hexadecimal Mantis

im super super sorry for the double post, but Im hoping this RQ individual would be cool with me mailing him the disc with the demo. I cant find any member named RQ but I was told to contact this person. I have downloaded a recommended iso burner called imgburner but it tried to give my computer a virus. I tried from a different download mirror but same thing until I quit trying it. I tried another, active iso burner, but it said "Creator HP is non writable and non erasable" and just wouldn't let me burn it into an iso file. Seeing as im having so much trouble and I have this for real, is there any mod or trustworthy admin who I can mail this disk to for analysis on the demo which never loads? just because it never loads doesn't mean it isnt in there right? the data can be extracted?

im super super sorry for the double post, but Im hoping this RQ individual would be cool with me mailing him the disc with the demo. I cant find any member named RQ but I was told to contact this person.

RQ is probably "Red Quark" and he hasn't been active for, like, 6 or 7 years as far as I know.

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939

@GrammarVahki To create the .iso, I would recommend downloading InfraRecorder from this page. This version shouldn't have any malware on it. You probably want to download the Windows installer, which is the first link in the list. I've used it to burn .iso's onto discs before, though not the other way around.

• Upvote 1

RedQuark isn't going to yield anything substantial; keep in mind that everything related to LOMN that he shared originated directly from DeepBrick, who apparently isn't willing or capable of sharing more.

im super super sorry for the double post, but Im hoping this RQ individual would be cool with me mailing him the disc with the demo. I cant find any member named RQ but I was told to contact this person. I have downloaded a recommended iso burner called imgburner but it tried to give my computer a virus.

Don't worry, ImgBurn is safe. And like Illuminatus mentioned, you don't necessarily need to create an iso.

• 2 weeks later...

I have RedQuark in my Facebook's friend list. What do we need him for?

You know RedQuark? I've been trying to find either him or DeepBrick ever since the alpha of LoMN leaked. DeepBrick never leaked the beta copy he had because LEGO threatened litigious action... but now that an earlier version has leaked and we know they don't actually care, I bet he'd be willing to release his copy.

• Upvote 1

Hey I'm one of the guys whos working on fixing things in the alpha build. The alpha build has some files referencing the demo on that disk. If you could pm I would be interested in getting a copy of that demo and seeing if it has some of the files that our version is missing.

• Upvote 2

Omega12, I'm pretty sure at this point that it's more viable to try and find an independent copy of that CD.

I'm personally on it.

EDIT: Okay, check this out. There appear to be several releases of this game:

Unless the OP was referring to the additional Software Demo CD (which is available on BrickLink and only includes a video of TLOMN), the jewel case in the first two entries appears to suggest some additional content on the CD.

Is anyone in the US interested in buying?

Edited by Illuminatus
  • Upvote 1

Alpha v0.006 represents a snapshot of LoMN mid-development. It's only a half-finished game. A working demo would be a major find, since the game engine would presumably be significantly less broken than the alpha's. There is a remote possibility that one could plug in the assets from the alpha into the demo to make something that more resembles a finished game.

I wouldn't get your hopes up, though.