Cryoshell Re-releases Gravity Hurts

It seems like I'm still catching up on news from when I was away last week, so apologies for the delay on this. You should be familiar with Cryoshell, the Danish rock band that recorded many of the songs used to promote Bionicle. The band recently updated their blog with some awesome news. Gravity Hurts has been re-recorded, this time with Christine Lorentzen and the Budapest Art Orchestra. You can buy the song on Amazon, Google, and other fine purveyors of music. What's more, work is progressing on their new album, "Next to Machines," and in addition they'll be re-releasing their entire catalog on their own label in the near future. Great news for Cryoshell fans!

View the full article

I admit to being biased towards orchestral music... and I also admit that I prefer Christine Lorentzen over Niels Brinck... but even with that said, when compared to the original, I feel like this new version is a much better fit for the weight and drama of the 2008 story.

I hope to see more collaborations between Cryoshell and the Budapest Art Orchestra in the future.  It would certainly be interesting hearing orchestrated takes on other Cryoshell songs written for BIONICLE, such as "Creeping In My Soul" and "Closer To The Truth".

Edited by PeabodySam
Fixed post formatting.