Pink Stormer's helmet - prototype/misprint

Mask Hunter Lewa

hL1PZ1xl.png

A friend of mine just bought pink Brain Attack Stormer's helmet. He found it in lot of parts which were rejects from Lego factory. Sadly, I don't have any knowledge about Hero Factory collectibles, so I hope to find HF experts here :D. Anyone know if this part is one of a kind or maybe more of them exist? And is it prototype or misprint rejected from production? And how much it could be worth? I'm posting it in B/S/T since friend said that if price will be good enough, he may consider selling it.

Here are more detailed pics:

Part has "© 2012 LEGO" and part number on it and it comes from trusted source.
  • Upvote 3

Wow so cool! Is your friend able to share how they got all these cool parts? As in how did he get his hands on a bag of rejects from the Lego factory?

He bought those parts in store with used toys which has those rejected pieces from Lego factory. That's all he's willing to share. He said that he doesn't want to get the store owner into trouble.

Wow so cool! Is your friend able to share how they got all these cool parts? As in how did he get his hands on a bag of rejects from the Lego factory?

He bought those parts in store with used toys which has those rejected pieces from Lego factory. That's all he's willing to share. He said that he doesn't want to get the store owner into trouble.

Totally understandable! I was just curious, thanks! 

It looks like a misprint of some kind. The marbled coloring suggests that something fell into the mold, or the equipment wasn't completely clean. The HF prototype parts I've seen were created with rapid prototyping material instead of LEGO's usual plastic concoction. I've seen stuff like this pop up in some sets, not HF sets though.