is bzpower dying?

squidmaster

On 1/8/2019 at 10:07 PM, Sir Kohran said:

I can't see there being demand among the public for concerts. We're not talking about famous films, famous tunes, a particularly famous line or a particularly famous composer.

Furst asked on social media if people wanted there to be any. Does not seem like anything a professional composer would ask if there wasn't some interest in the fandom. Maybe not a huge amount. We'll see... it would be interesting to see a movie or fantasy or sci-fi compilation concert to sneak in some of his music :D

• Upvote 1

Just a geeky guy trying to learn the craft of writing stories.

Two things: 

1. Why do you think that BZPower is dying? Because Bionicle ended in 2016, and there is no sign of Bionicle sets in 2021 (In fact, do you think that Bionicle can return again somehow?)? 
2. If we follow each other forums by posting stuff in them, perhaps that could enlighten up people? I have a lot of forums that you can post. Some of them don’t have much posts or none for some reason (examples: celebrating the anniversaries of Bionicle 2005 and 2010 storylines). They’re like ghost towns. They’re very entertaining. Just trying to help making BZP active.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Let me put it this way: I've seen dead forums, and Bzpower is nowhere near that condition. I've also seen active forums, which Bzpower is also a bit distanced from. But people still frequent may of the subforums (mostly the creative ones, like the RPGs, G&T, and Off-Topic).

Not to mention the continued irony of this thread's existence. Two whole years of questioning BZPower's life. Wow.

• Like 1

:smilematoro:

I suspect that this question can be better answered by considering the financial viability of the community contributors (that is, the Premier members who donate regularly) and the site administrators. As long as @Black Six can pay the site's bills, it will continue. 

A small number of loyal members who are willing to pay for BZP is more valuable than a large number of fickle followers. This is because of the site's Premier system which encourages either large donations or continued loyalty or both. Because of the site owners' forethought in creating such a stable financial system and attracting  a group of loyal community members, BZPower will remain viable for years into the future. This is in contrast to the Three Virtues model which is based near-entirely on ad revenue and attracting large crowds via YouTube, and the MoD model which involves reducing site cost of operation down to the bare minimum. 

The only danger in this system would be the admins alienating this group of people providing donations, or the admins losing their employment and being unable to support the site due to financial hardship. The latter eventuality is essentially random, and is no more likely to occur than any other forum website in existence, and the former is unlikely due to the admins' reluctance to change anything for fear of said alienation. That is technically another disadvantage of this financial model, but unlikely to impact viability. Indeed, the admins' program of Premier membership will likely ensure that this site will remain viable long after it has become irrelevant. 

• Upvote 1

65CADFB1-71A6-4834-9873-A0688218AE4A.jpeg.294e0981febcdee92eac3ac1b59f4caa.jpeg

• 5 months later...
On 10/25/2020 at 1:46 PM, Canama said:

considering that this is in the top half of the first page of gd despite being long-dead?  yeah

@Canama, please make sure to check the date of the last post in a topic before you reply. The last post before yours in this topic was made in April, almost six months ago! This counts as topic revival.

Please familiarize yourself with BZPower's Rules & Guidelines before you continue posting, and consult the BZPower Forum Revival Reference if you are ever unsure in the future about whether or not a topic is too old to post in. :) I know juggling dates can sometimes be confusing!

Revived topic closed.

• Eyru locked this topic