Unreleased LoMN tracks on the way!

Tyrion Archer

This might not be particularly newsworthy, but I felt like sharing. And also I'm bored.

I inquired after the unreleased tracks from the Legends of Metru Nui soundtrack on Nathan Furst's Twitter, citing my desire to hear the Great Disk montage and the full version of the "Energy Discs" cue from the old archived website. I received this response which basically confirms that the tracks are indeed planned for distribution.

Looks like we can expect to hear some unreleased music from this amazing score relatively soon! Since the outlet through which they will be made available has yet to be determined, does anyone have any thoughts or predictions on how they will be distributed? He said something about "free download" a while back regarding the Great Disk montage, so it could be he's working on the best way to make them downloadable.

Also, a comment on Facebook after the score came out stated that there were exactly two tracks excluded from the collection, one of which was the "Disk hiding montage" and the other of which he couldn't recall at the time. The picture of the tracklist he posted prior to the release seems to corroborate this, as there is an accidental two-track gap in the numbering between "Bionicle 2 End Titles" and "Unused Alternate Desert-Kikeinalo Theme". My assumption is that the second track is the full version of "Energy Discs"; more specifically, all the music from when Vakama is combining the disks to right before they arrive at Po-Metru and exit the Vahki transport.

There are at least three other cues that are missing (chute escape, second arrival at coliseum, and second escape from coliseum), but to be honest they seemed rather redundant and jarring, like they were thrown together specifically to accommodate those scenes and weren't intended as part of an isolated listening experience. I wouldn't be surprised if they were absent from whatever archive the original tracks were recovered from. I could be wrong, but either way I'm very excited to hear the last couple highlights of this musical masterpiece. Back to blasting the album in the meantime. :D

Sorry for the extensive post on such a minor subject. You're probably thinking "The soundtrack is out, give it a rest already." Truth is I'm a very obsessive individual when it comes to stuff like this. It's only because I love this score with every ounce of my being. :) :) :)

• Upvote 5

Previous usernames:

Joffrey

IAmGroot

This is great news! I've never managed to get a response from him in the past, but good to see others are luckier in this regard. Getting anything "new" related to Bionicle these days is newsworthy pretty much.

I wonder where these will be distributed when released. I hope they'll be added on Spotify, since I have a playlist of all three of the soundtracks there and wouldn't mind enriching it with two new tracks, but since we're only talking about two tracks here Soundcloud may also be a possible carrier.

Bless Furst for doing this all these years later.

:kakama:

• Upvote 2

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

This is great news! I've never managed to get a response from him in the past, but good to see others are luckier in this regard. Getting anything "new" related to Bionicle these days is newsworthy pretty much.

I wonder where these will be distributed when released. I hope they'll be added on Spotify, since I have a playlist of all three of the soundtracks there and wouldn't mind enriching it with two new tracks, but since we're only talking about two tracks here Soundcloud may also be a possible carrier.

Bless Furst for doing this all these years later.

:kakama:

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised to get a reply from him! He seems to be much more active on Twitter than Facebook. I've made several posts on his FB page that got no response, but one tweet seemed to do the trick.

Due to his mention of "free download" and the fact that SoundCloud has been very restrictive of downloading lately, I was thinking they might be uploaded to a file sharing site in addition to a streaming outlet. It would be amazing if they were released as a digital EP, but that's unlikely since it's apparently just two tracks. Either way, I'll definitely be adding them to my iTunes playlist of the trilogy and I might even burn LoMN to a blank disc with the two extra tracks.

It really is amazing that he's put forth so much effort to get this music aired after all this time. It says a lot about his devotion to his fans and the franchises he contributes to.

Edited by Tyrion Archer
  • Upvote 1

Previous usernames:

Joffrey

IAmGroot