I Apologize to the Bionicle Community

So, I'm sure you're wondering what the heck a brand new member to this forum has to be sorry about?  Well, allow me to introduce myself.

I am the Worst Proto Squad Member. 

Yes, that Proto Squad indeed. I was one of the few kids who managed to get into it and received the packages through the mail. I drew some fanart that apparently they liked, so I was inducted into the club. 

Greg Farshtey, I am so sorry. 

You see, as a child, I was inclined to random acts of stupidity. Despite being a child who was in advanced classes and intelligent as far as academics were concerned, I very often would indulge in bad ideas; confessing my "love" for a girl I liked to a bully who was leaning out of his bedroom window Romeo and Juliet style was one such action. Yes, this level of stupid. It is a rare breed. So, as you can imagine, I also treated my valuables poorly from time to time. Today, I found a rare PS1 disc that I had broken into tiny pieces. I found many shredded shards of Yugioh cards, and even some Pokemon cards. 

So where am I going with this self-depreciating spiel? Well, today I remembered I was in the Proto Squad. Today I found out that a certain couple of Krana were worth quite a bit of money. I found out I had gotten that entire tube's worth of items. And, well...

Apparently I threw them away in a spastic fit of stupidity when I was about 13-15.

I've been tearing the house apart today desperately trying to find them or the tube they were in, but the more I searched, the more I realized I had probably thrown them away thinking they were junk in a tube that was worth nothing. So yes, unless I find them by some miracle, there is one less GPKK and VMKK in the world because "lol dis iz stoopid" and into the trash it went. 

I am in awe of the sheer magnitude of how privileged and yet depraved I could be. By some miracle, the Rahkshi T-Shirt survived. I didn't throw that away for some reason. So there's that. 

Why am I telling you this? Well, I suppose I'm just beating myself up so much that I figured everyone else could join in. I deserve it. Heck, YOU deserve the right to beat me up for it. And if you don't want to beat me up for it, well... at least I shared. 

I have confessed my sin. 

Links to pictures of the shirt are attached to verify what an idiot I was. If I manage to find the GPKK and VMKK at some point, I'll make sure to update you all. In the meantime: roast me. Please.

https://imgur.com/5fRMTrQ

https://imgur.com/7PCmSbM

https://imgur.com/PWM5eIY

https://imgur.com/7hNLGGU

Also, in case you might say something like, "Well maybe you didn't have them and you're just getting worked up over nothing", unfortunately I remember holding the GPKK in my clammy 12 year old hand and thinking "What a piece of junk. It's just gray and it isn't even rubber." 

Pictured: Me

https://imgur.com/a/1AtcV

If you need me, I'll be dying internally somewhere. 

• Upvote 6

Aw, there's really no need to beat yourself up like that! You're more important than a couple pieces of plastic.

And that's a cool shirt! One I haven't seen before - thanks for sharing pics.

• Upvote 8

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

tumblr_omzf9qxAAq1rbmke1o1_r1_250.gif

But seriously it's quite alright, I doubt there's anyone here who'd be terribly upset with all this. BIONICLE was amazing and I love it to pieces (no pun intended) and it had lots of super fun rare collectibles, but at the end of the day, it's just a toy line, and those are just pieces of plastic. And as Pereki said above, you're much more important. So don't fret over it, it's a perfectly understandable situation. :)

• Upvote 5

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

giphy.gif

In all seriousness, it's nothing to beat yourself up about. I think a lot of us can relate to stuff like this. I'm pretty sure I actually threw away all my Metru Nui (2004-2005) comics at one point, and to this day I still have no idea what possessed me to do that.

To reiterate Pereki and Iron_Man5's statements, you are much more important than a few pieces of plastic.

Edited by Tyrion Archer
  • Upvote 2

Previous usernames:

Joffrey

IAmGroot

Thank you all for the kind words. I am still attempting to find it, but I'm not expecting anything. *Sigh* Apparently I also had some really expensive or rare/uncommon sets that are currently in pieces on my bedroom floor. Like Axonn, Iruini, Makuta, Exo-Toa, etc. I also found the shattered remnants of the Bohrok-Kal Promo Discs. I was a destructive child. 

I remember that because I was in the Proto Squad they sent me an Onua Nuva before they were even available for sale. I guess I really *deserved* that, considering his pieces are scattered to the wind at the moment. I think I have his mask somewhere, lol. I might try to reassemble some of this stuff, but apparently I was the destroyer of Bionicle. This might be tricky. >.<

The only two survivors of the great Bionicle purge are a Nuhvok-Kal and a Oohnorak. X3 Ugh.

Edited by WorstProtoSquadMember
  • Upvote 1

To the pit with you.

I jest, of course. There's always the chance that they're still somewhere around, you just haven't found them yet, and hey, even if you did toss 'em, we all made mistakes as kids!

:kakama:

• Upvote 1

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

Hey, aren't you a famous actor?

Too bad about the rare krana, but maybe you can make it up to us by filling in any details you might remember about being a Proto-Squad member at our wiki page. I was the one who researched the info for that page, despite not being a member myself.

Too bad about the rare krana, but maybe you can make it up to us by filling in any details you might remember about being a Proto-Squad member at our wiki page. I was the one who researched the info for that page, despite not being a member myself.

Uhhh, lol? That's a bit rude. 

Well, the only details I specifically remember that aren't on your Wiki page are that I received an Onua Nuva 1 month before the release of the Toa Nuva, and I also remember getting a Bohrok Kal one month before they released, but I can't remember specifically which one that was. Anything other than that is a bit too hazy for me to recall, though I want to say I might have received a couple of Kanohi from them at some point. It's been a looooong time. >.<

• Upvote 1

Gosh, discovering you did something like this has to feel really bad. I agree with everyone else that you shouldn't beat yourself up over it. I doubt you were the only kid who didn't treat these free toys like some kind of precious treasures.

And if it helps to joke about it, think of it this way: what you did actually made everybody else's GPKK and VMKK more valuable. :P

• Upvote 3

Well, the only details I specifically remember that aren't on your Wiki page are that I received an Onua Nuva 1 month before the release of the Toa Nuva, and I also remember getting a Bohrok Kal one month before they released, but I can't remember specifically which one that was. Anything other than that is a bit too hazy for me to recall, though I want to say I might have received a couple of Kanohi from them at some point. It's been a looooong time. >.<

D'oh, sorry, I just reread my post and realized it does not sound quite as tongue-in-cheek as I intended. :) Of course it's not a big deal at all, and I didn't mean to sound like I'm sore that you were in the Proto-Squad but I wasn't, or anything like that.

I was legitimately curious about the Proto-Squad experience, though, since we don't hear from former members that often, and there wasn't much information for me to work with when putting that page together. But it was a long time ago for you, so of course that's understandable.

Gosh, discovering you did something like this has to feel really bad. I agree with everyone else that you shouldn't beat yourself up over it. I doubt you were the only kid who didn't treat these free toys like some kind of precious treasures.

And if it helps to joke about it, think of it this way: what you did actually made everybody else's GPKK and VMKK more valuable. :P

You have no idea. I honestly had no idea the Proto Squad was that big a deal until a couple of days ago. Now I read the Wiki and I was one of only 2500 kids who got to be a part of it, and I probably chucked the stuff I got. Wow. Way to go, younger me. I've been reading old stuff about a member on here who was trying to build a museum and needed just one more GPKK to complete that part of the collection. The sad part is that I might've had that piece he needed. Yeah, I feel like trash.

D'oh, sorry, I just reread my post and realized it does not sound quite as tongue-in-cheek as I intended. :) Of course it's not a big deal at all, and I didn't mean to sound like I'm sore that you were in the Proto-Squad but I wasn't, or anything like that.

I was legitimately curious about the Proto-Squad experience, though, since we don't hear from former members that often, and there wasn't much information for me to work with when putting that page together. But it was a long time ago for you, so of course that's understandable.

It's fine. I don't mind if you want to ask me questions about it at some point. Maybe you can use me as a cross reference or a source for your Wiki page. I'd be happy to help.

Also, I was continuing the search for the GPKK and VMKK today and I found something I thought you all might be interested in, since Pereki found the pictures of the shirt interesting: it's an old Kanoka Card detailing out some prizes they were giving out during the Metru Nui days. I couldn't help but notice that it showed a prize that isn't listed on the Official Rare & Promotional Collectibles Topic called a Golden Disk, of which 500 were (I assume) given out. 

https://imgur.com/CSFJMqY

https://imgur.com/J4h4NtJ

https://imgur.com/eLy8Eat

Not that I have one, but I guess I was just curious if they're actually worth anything? (Younger me would have probably chucked it anyway, lol) If you all already knew about it, then sorry for the redundant info! X3

• Upvote 1

Wasn't that card distributed in a limited run in Toa Metru sets during 2004?

i got mine rather early in 2004 and they all had the cards advertising the gold kanoka (among a couple other things)

• Upvote 1

~Bionicle Online Games Guru~
Current Bionicle Sets: 232/250
2001: 23/24 2002: 20/21 2003: 22/22 2004: 22/22 2005: 23/23
2006: 16/22 2007: 22/22 2008: 25/27 2009: 26/26 2010: 4/6
2015: 18/18 2016: 11/17