Glaring Movie Plot Holes

Icicle

I was watching Unknown the other night and noticed a glaring plot detail that the characters never thought of. There was no way to find out who Liam Neeson actually is. They never used a DNA machine, fingerprint matcher, etc. He went to a hospital twice and they didn't ever question who he was. He didn't have an ID or anything, so wouldn't they say something?Anyways, What plot holes/flaws have you guys seen in other movies?

Hey look I almost have 1000 posts

When I watched Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides and the Spanish emerged to

destroy the Fountain of Youth, I kept wondering why they didn't just break the chalices when they first found them. If their goal was to make sure no one could live forever, they could have broken the chalices and rendered the Fountain useless immediately. They wouldn't have even needed to smash up the area.

Of course, that plot hole was necessary for the magical ending stuff, but still come on. :(~B~

Hm. Allow me to provide the most glaring plot hole in a certain trilogy, and you should all be able to guess which one, with a single word.Eagles.

There are several reasons why this isn't a plot hole, the least of which is that If they had tried riding Eagles into Mordor, Sauran would have seen them coming miles away.I can't really think of any plot holes per se. Plot contrivances (is that even the right word?) drive me nuts, though.
BZPRPG

Hm. Allow me to provide the most glaring plot hole in a certain trilogy, and you should all be able to guess which one, with a single word.Eagles.

Not a plot hole. A plot hole is something that makes the ending or major revelation of a plot point impossible. Or at least, in my mind. Besides the eagles were friends of Gandalf. They were not stupid enough to fly into mordor, nor was gandalf stupid enough to have asked. While yes, How It Should Have Ended brings up a funny point, it is not a plot hole.

When I watched Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides and the Spanish emerged to

destroy the Fountain of Youth, I kept wondering why they didn't just break the chalices when they first found them. If their goal was to make sure no one could live forever, they could have broken the chalices and rendered the Fountain useless immediately. They wouldn't have even needed to smash up the area.

Of course, that plot hole was necessary for the magical ending stuff, but still come on. :(~B~

It makes sense and is kind of a plot hole, but part of me would like to think (And i havn't watched POTC in a while so i could be totally wrong and not remember) that the original aim was not to render the fountain useless, but to use it for spain. When that became impossible, the only option left was to destroy the entire fountain.

I've been searchin' for the daughter of the Devil Himself,

​I've been searchin' for an Angel in White,

​I've been lookin for a woman who's a little of both,

​and I can sense her but she's nowhere in sight,
Cause I can't find a banner ;_;

There are several reasons why this isn't a plot hole, the least of which is that If they had tried riding Eagles into Mordor, Sauran would have seen them coming miles away.
They could have used a diversion like at the ending of Return of the King.

superpaper_624_1255384923.jpg

"By me... Count Bleck! The chosen executor of the Dark Prognosticus... is Count Bleck! The fine fellow prophesied to come to this dimension... is also Count Bleck!"

There are several reasons why this isn't a plot hole, the least of which is that If they had tried riding Eagles into Mordor, Sauran would have seen them coming miles away.
They weren't exactly doing a good job staying hidden on the trek down there.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

It makes sense and is kind of a plot hole, but part of me would like to think (And i havn't watched POTC in a while so i could be totally wrong and not remember) that the original aim was not to render the fountain useless, but to use it for spain. When that became impossible, the only option left was to destroy the entire fountain.
Given the rhetoric they produced justifying the destruction, which was for religious reasons, it doesn't strike me as being made up to cover how they were resorting to another option. I don't remember them ever expressing a desire to use the fountain, either. But still, it's possible.~B~

In Watchmen at the end the main villain explains that he had planned the whole scheme from years and years ago, but those amount of years ago the thing which he was planning for hadn't come about yet so he wouldn't have known to start planning.

sigpic2.png