• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Contest - Disney Parks, LEGO ICs Now in Google Street View

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 16-July 01
  • 4,179 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2018 - 07:19 PM

Yesterday, 11 Disney theme parks and properties came to Google Street View. Among other things, this means that we now have panoramic images of the LEGO Imagination Centers in Anaheim's Downtown Disney District and Lake Buena Vista's Disney Springs. Notably, these do not include parts of the parks currently under construction, so the Star Wars pavilion at Disney's Hollywood Studios (where we'd expect to see some sculptures) is missing. We could use help figuring out where the Star Wars sculptures may be hiding in Google Street View, and we'd love to see what other interesting images (preferably LEGO-related) you can dig up. To that end, we're holding an impromptu contest: find a view worth sharing with BZPower members on Google Street View, post a link to it in the talkback thread, and you'll have a chance to win a Star Wars constraction set. More details and a few starting points after the jump.

View the full article

#2 Offline TuragaNuva

TuragaNuva
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Avid Reader, Sporadic Writer

• 19-December 08
  • 594 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 08 2018 - 09:45 AM

Fun idea!

It's not that close-up, but here's Florida's Hulk

Here's the other Florida Snow White scene

And California's Beauty and the Beast

#3 Offline SamDrew

SamDrew
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Toa

• 11-June 15
  • 154 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 18 2018 - 02:42 AM

Here's a few I found!

Dragon Battle

Similar shot of the whole LEGO Store

If I can find more I'll come back and add to this post!

#4 Offline Voxumo

Voxumo
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Always and Forever Cold

• 08-January 07
  • 4,823 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 20 2018 - 05:33 AM

So tried searching for some sculptures in Disneyland hong kong, couldn't find any. Though Disneyland Paris had some interesting ones.

Woody and Buzz Lightyear

R2-D2

The Mickey Mouse scene out of Fantasia... Not sure the name. This one was my personal favorite.

BONUS: So I tried looking at the Lego Store in the Shanghai Disney Resort via google maps, and needless to say there weren't any street views. Heck finding the resort via google maps was alot more difficult than it should have been.

However, I wondered if the Chinese version of Google, Baidu, has a street view like function and it turns out they do. So I ended up referencing the google map I had open to find the resort on Baidu, and then had to randomly click buttons in hopes of finding their "Total View" because I can't read chinese.

And long behold, I was able to find a sculpture outside of their Lego Store. It's of the aliens from Toy Story, and there appears to be another sculpture on the roof, but no good angles of it.

A Screenshot for those who don't wish to open Baidu. And then the link to the actual page... fair warning it's all in chinese. 

Yeah it's not google street view, but it's still interesting.

Edited by Vinheim Maran (Vox), Mar 20 2018 - 06:58 AM.

u9et1dt.gif

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users