Contest - Disney Parks, LEGO ICs Now in Google Street View

Yesterday, 11 Disney theme parks and properties came to Google Street View. Among other things, this means that we now have panoramic images of the LEGO Imagination Centers in Anaheim's Downtown Disney District and Lake Buena Vista's Disney Springs. Notably, these do not include parts of the parks currently under construction, so the Star Wars pavilion at Disney's Hollywood Studios (where we'd expect to see some sculptures) is missing. We could use help figuring out where the Star Wars sculptures may be hiding in Google Street View, and we'd love to see what other interesting images (preferably LEGO-related) you can dig up. To that end, we're holding an impromptu contest: find a view worth sharing with BZPower members on Google Street View, post a link to it in the talkback thread, and you'll have a chance to win a Star Wars constraction set. More details and a few starting points after the jump.

View the full article

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

So tried searching for some sculptures in Disneyland hong kong, couldn't find any. Though Disneyland Paris had some interesting ones.

Woody and Buzz Lightyear

R2-D2

The Mickey Mouse scene out of Fantasia... Not sure the name. This one was my personal favorite.

BONUS: So I tried looking at the Lego Store in the Shanghai Disney Resort via google maps, and needless to say there weren't any street views. Heck finding the resort via google maps was alot more difficult than it should have been.

However, I wondered if the Chinese version of Google, Baidu, has a street view like function and it turns out they do. So I ended up referencing the google map I had open to find the resort on Baidu, and then had to randomly click buttons in hopes of finding their "Total View" because I can't read chinese.

And long behold, I was able to find a sculpture outside of their Lego Store. It's of the aliens from Toy Story, and there appears to be another sculpture on the roof, but no good angles of it.

A Screenshot for those who don't wish to open Baidu. And then the link to the actual page... fair warning it's all in chinese. 

Yeah it's not google street view, but it's still interesting.

Edited by Vinheim Maran (Vox)

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

• 5 years later...

I'm totally on board for the contest. Exploring Disney parks on Google Street View sounds like a blast, especially hunting down those LEGO Imagination Centers. It's incredible how technology allows us to virtually stroll through these iconic places, soaking in the magic from the comfort of our homes. As I embark on my quest to uncover the top amusement parks in US, stumbling upon hidden gems in Street View would undoubtedly add an extra layer of excitement to the adventure. Can't wait to see what cool findings everyone comes up with and share some of my own discoveries along the way!

Edited by DenielRockfield56