• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

Brave_Dragon's Sketchbook Collection

human bionicle art

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Brave Dragon

Brave Dragon
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,235 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2011 - 07:39 PM

Aww yeahh! Let's start this party! Posted ImageHuman Onua Posted ImageHead studies of Gali, Kopaka, and Tahu based on real ethnicity. Inspired by some conversation while I was at Brickfair 2011.

#2 Offline Calvirick

Calvirick
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,288 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Oct 13 2011 - 07:44 PM

I love it. I've always loved this style of drawing so much! Looks like Onua needs to work on his chest muscles though. :P 10/10 still!

I'm a Photographer - Graphic Designer - Artists

In other words. I'm hipster.

spy_quote.png

...and I think I can write too...

#3 Offline ~Mat~

~Mat~
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 565 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2011 - 08:25 PM

Nice way to ring Back BZP's return, Brave. Well done. :3

#4 Offline LostNowFound

LostNowFound
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 458 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2011 - 09:17 PM

When I saw "collection" I was hoping for a lil bit more! Anyways, Onua head reminds me up Wolverine... must be the facial hair.Good stuff regardless!

Doah!

#5 Offline Nuju Metru

Nuju Metru
  • BioniLUG Member
  • Forum Assistants
  • Senior BZPRPG Staff

• 12,080 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 12:56 AM

As always, your work is inspired and inspiring in its singularly unique look and seemingly-effortless conceptualization. I've always liked you pseudo-anime style, particularly when it's combined with stylization of actual BIONICLE elements, as you've done in that Onua sketch. Also, I'm constantly admiring the consistent perfection of your figures' proportions and posing. Your art is always a pleasure to look at, and so I can't wait to see more of it posted here!

.abettor_2.jpg

#6 Offline Eeko

Eeko
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,288 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 11:16 AM

I love your HB, I hope you post the rest.Obviously, the pose is great and whatnot. The only thing I can think of is that Onua should be much more hunchbacked with his head hanging down, if you were basing it off the set.

jlovfkk.jpg

#7 Offline Brave Dragon

Brave Dragon
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 1,235 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 04:07 PM

When I saw "collection" I was hoping for a lil bit more! Anyways, Onua head reminds me up Wolverine... must be the facial hair. Good stuff regardless!

Oh, well I sorry, here's the rest of the lot. This stuff so old, you'll prolly won't remember half of them. Bionicle:Bradrakh 2.0Bradrakh Staff of Obsession Eureka Seven ModeBionice Battle Arena - LewaBionicle Battle Arena - Pisces and TomahawkBionicle Battle Arena - Salamander and SnowboundAgnihotra - HoariAgnihotra - Toi and TaikuAgnihotra - Andeera and RekaAgnihotra - ZerasBionicle Battle Arena - Tahu and DanielTahu Lava SurfingBionicle Battle Arena - TahuBionicle Battle Arena - OnuaOnua Nuva KineticaChibi KopakaKopakaBionicle Accelero - AijiArt Trade - AanchirBathtimeCertavusChibi Lewa and OnuaChibi TahuCodename: I_AM_UNIQUEAC 10 - Komm Susser TodAC 12 - Our War GameAC 14 - The 7th Barraki (Page 2)AC 15 - Beneath the MistsAC 16 - Kanoka D-Wheel AlternicleToa MataTribulation OneToa NuvaToa MetruNidhikiToa HordikaToa InikaJallerMatoro InikaHahli InikaTahu Nuva RebirthKopaka Nuva RebirthMahri ConceptsAnother Side. Another Story.Deep DiveVarious Scenes from Beyond AlternicleToa Nuva in Karzahni RealmTwilight TakanuvaTahu's Adaptive Armor SuitKopaka PhantokaLewa Phantoka - Prepare for WarLewa Phantoka - Breakdown!TanmaMisc Alternicle Comic - Tahu vs. RadiakToa Mistika ConceptsGali MistikaT1 DragoonT6 JetraxT7 NikopolT9 AxalaraGorast ConceptToa Ignika (Colored)Toa TanmaToa Jaller (Post-Mahri) and Toa Norik Metanicle: Ackar Kiina

#8 Offline Smaug the Terrible

Smaug the Terrible
  • Premier Member
  • Makuta of Metru Nui Sealed

• 10,030 posts

Posted Oct 14 2011 - 05:49 PM

Oh, well I sorry, here's the rest of the lot. This stuff so old, you'll prolly won't remember half of them.

Oh I remember quite a few. Also, perfect reply timing, made me laugh. Your work has always been very inspiring =)

smaugbanner.jpg

#9 Offline Tayana Bobana

Tayana Bobana
  • Members
  • Scavenger

• 610 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 15 2011 - 06:15 PM

BD, you just don't know how much I love the creative designs you come up with for your HB characters. They're so unique! I has artist envy. xD

Edited by Zen: Toa of Slush, Oct 15 2011 - 06:16 PM.

We're never surrounded. We just prefer to be right in the center of the action.

Posted Image

#10 Offline Kumata

Kumata
  • Premier Member
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,835 posts

Posted Oct 19 2011 - 12:49 PM

Looking at your art always makes me happy, envious and inspired. In that order.

#11 Offline Akuna Toa of Sonics

Akuna Toa of Sonics
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior Defeated

• 2,937 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 19 2011 - 02:12 PM

Your work never ceases to amaze me, Brave. Great job.

webmaster.png

#12 Offline Dragonfly the Luminescent

Dragonfly the Luminescent
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 375 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 21 2011 - 11:34 AM

Impressive! I love Onua's reminescenty-samurai look. :P

Posted Image

In the meantime, you shall be loved and tolerated.

Dragonfly's continued Boutique - How I drew the herd

-----------------------------------------

I am both Toa Mata Nui and Dragonfly the Luminescent

-----------------------------------------

Ask LNU and Pinkie Pie - Biocryptid21's Comics 3.0 - Darcsyde's Comics - Doomsday - Tilted - Awesomepaclypse - A Slightly Different Tale - Reality

#13 Offline KZN02

KZN02
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 965 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 21 2011 - 10:10 PM

Yes, one of the best artists is back to forums!

#14 Offline Brave Dragon

Brave Dragon
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 1,235 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 25 2011 - 02:23 PM

Thanks, mates. Did a sketch of Gali Nuva during class, because I have a weird learning disability or something. Can't process information while my right side of the brain is idling. Posted Image She's like in some heavy armor form. Trying to convey a really beautiful woman, but I dunno. I'll work on that.

#15 Offline Yukiko

Yukiko
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 1,776 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 31 2011 - 02:53 PM

^I like how you softened her facial features. You drawings are often really strong (not that anything is wrong with that) and it's nice to see a little lightness once in a while. I'm not sure about the angle of the eyebrows. They seem a bit...drastic? Gali is more of a serene person, and I feel like her facial expressions wouldn't be as obvious. The layering on the hair is awesome. I am forever jealous of your skills and commitment to your art.

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - LuciraMorie

lampbanner.jpg

Library [blog]

#16 Offline Death of the Endless

Death of the Endless
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 369 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 08 2011 - 10:07 AM

Your artwork is fantastic, as usual. Your old "Alternicle to Bionicle" art topic, along with Galigee's stories, were what inspired me to join BZPower, and you have improved considerably since then. Gali Nuva is my favorite here. I particularly like the swirly, wave-like designs on the shoulder plates.Still, these are AWESOME and far better than I could ever do. Keep drawing! :)

Edited by Toa Alaka, Mar 10 2012 - 11:07 PM.

Weaver, Seeker, and Spark

"When the first living thing existed, I was there, waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished.  I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave." 

- Death, The Sandman

(Previously Toa Alaka)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users