• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Ninjago Movie Polybags?

Fire Mech Water Strider Quake Mech Ice Tank Lightning Jet

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Click

Click
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Toa of Light Rising

• 25-May 09
  • 6,189 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 11 2018 - 02:16 AM

With a bit of effort, I've managed to collect the three Ninjago Movie vehicle polybags released thusfar, the Quake Mech, the Ice Tank, and the Mecha Dragon. But since it's been about four months since the Mech Dragon offer ended and six since the movie came out, I have to wonder if Lego will be continuing the collection with the Water Strider, Lightning Jet, and Fire Mech. Anyone heard of any plans for these, or if not, anyone have any good ideas for how to put them together? I have some of my own, but I wouldn't mind a second opinion.

#2 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 21-March 06
  • 4,534 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2018 - 12:55 PM

With a bit of effort, I've managed to collect the three Ninjago Movie vehicle polybags released thusfar, the Quake Mech, the Ice Tank, and the Mecha Dragon. But since it's been about four months since the Mech Dragon offer ended and six since the movie came out, I have to wonder if Lego will be continuing the collection with the Water Strider, Lightning Jet, and Fire Mech. Anyone heard of any plans for these, or if not, anyone have any good ideas for how to put them together? I have some of my own, but I wouldn't mind a second opinion.

There are mini-models of all six models pictured in the book "The Lego Ninjago Movie: The Making of the Movie", though the versions of the vehicles that did become polybags differ from the final versions and as such may be prototypes of some sort. It's unclear whether the other three were planned as polybag releases and at this point I'd say the likelihood of them ending up released is unlikely one way or another, but they'd form a strong basis for what mini-models to go with the three polybag vehicles could look like.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#3 Offline Click

Click
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Toa of Light Rising

• 25-May 09
  • 6,189 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 11 2018 - 04:01 PM

Oh, was it this one? I remember seeing it while looking for inspiration. Honestly didn't think it was Lego because of those differences and, well, the Fire Mech looking pretty terrible. The Water Strider and Lightning Jet look pretty good though.

Also found this Fire Mech that apparently was from a VIP building event in September.

Edited by Click, Mar 11 2018 - 04:08 PM.

#4 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 21-March 06
  • 4,534 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2018 - 06:07 PM

Oh, was it this one? I remember seeing it while looking for inspiration. Honestly didn't think it was Lego because of those differences and, well, the Fire Mech looking pretty terrible. The Water Strider and Lightning Jet look pretty good though.

Also found this Fire Mech that apparently was from a VIP building event in September.

Yeah, those are the ones. It's unclear what they were from... possibly prototypes for polybags, or perhaps the Lego Ninjago Movie was originally going to use mini-models for some distance shots like The Lego Movie did. Either way, they might provide some loose inspiration.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#5 Offline Ta-metru_defender

Ta-metru_defender
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Blog Assistants
  • Senior Staff

• 26-December 03
  • 11,035 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Mar 16 2018 - 10:34 AM

Nice thing about those builds is that none of the pieces are exclusives, so you should be able to bricklink one without too much trouble.

I still believe we can live forever
You and I we begin forever now

2dioq5j.jpg

I still believe in us together
You and I we're here together now

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users