Kanohi Kaita Confusion

Toa_Vezon22

Something's been bugging me for a while. I figured it could make an interesting discussion.

So, if a Toa Kaita is formed, obviously, their masks can be removed and replaced. But then, if a fusion is undone, how does that work?

Example: Wairuha is formed. Onua switches out his Pakari for the Rua. Then, Wairuha is returned to its original forms. Does Onua grow an extra two heads? Does he just keep the Rua until he takes it off? Do the Miru, Akaku, and Kaukau all just fall off his face? What about Wairuha? Do Gali, Lewa, and Kopaka each get a weaker version of the Pakari? Is it just one of them that gets it? If so, which one?

A related question, could the Spear of Fusion Un-fuse a Kaita? If so, would the resulting beings be the same as the component Toa?

Sorry if this is an obvious answer, I'm kind of new here. I forgot I had an account for two years. XP

"You sicken me"

-Axonn, after wrecking two Pirakas' faces.

This is probably that kind of question which no one asked before and we don't know the answer to, and Greg would just make something up on the spot.

If I'd have to guess, the situation would look like this: If Onua has the Rua and Wairuha the Pakari like you suggest, the Rua would be "locked" into combined form so long as it is on Onua's face, while if Wairuha would then separate, I'd imagine the "foreign" Pakari would just be ejected on the floor with the three component Toa all being maskless.

As for the Spear, I assume it would just spilt up the Kaita into the component beings.

:kakama:

• Upvote 2

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

I really can't address the mask question, but as for the second bit: The only time we saw the spear of fusion work in reverse on a combined being was with the Piraka Fusion that the Spear created. While there was no "full checkup" to confirm the Piraka involved were 100% the same as they were before the fusion, what we did see of them did seem to show them being the same afterwards. Granted this was of a fused being that the spear itself created, so the rules might change with a Kaita. The other time we saw it used in reverse on Vezok, it created Vezon. While Vezok wasn't really "the same" after the incident, he still physically looked the same.

Overall, while I think interesting concepts could be explored by having a Kaita split with the spear of fusion not and having the split being perfect, seeing as it was destroyed and it was never used this way to our knowledge, I think Pohaturon's guess is likely what Greg would say. It would likely just split them against their will into it's component Toa without too much permanent ill effect.

• 2 weeks later...

Why does Onua switching masks have anything to do with Wairuha? He’s not a “component” of Wairuha (he’s part of Akamai), and he can’t swap his mask for the Rua.

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

It actually has been addressed before, though not in great detail.

A Kaita Kanohi will remain as long as the Kaita is formed. Once the Kaita splits up, so does the mask, separate or not. So, if someone else were to wear it while it was still "fused," it would just explode into its component masks.

The other end of that question is harder to answer. If a Kaita were to swap masks with someone else, then whatever normal mask it was wearing would probably just fall off when the Kaita split.

Lastly, yeah. The Spear of Fusion can indeed split up a Kaita.

• Upvote 1

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I honestly have no idea what would happen in the scenario you've outlined. The Kanohi Kaita splitting up upon defusion seems the most likely outcome; as for an ordinary mask worn by a Kaita, I guess it would either fall off or end up randomly on the face of one of three Toa.

However, going back to the scenario, I wonder: if a mask swap like that really happened, would the single Toa be able to use the power of a Kanohi Kaita? I don't think so: for a start, I believe the Kanohi Kaita would be too powerful for the mind of a single Toa to control. Secondly, a Kanohi Kaita can be formed only via a Kaita Fusion: it cannot be created by melting the masks and merging them and there's no way to tell if using the Spear of Fusion would yield the same result (when a Dark Hunter used the Spear on Fusion on two Toa it produced Prototype, who isn't a Kaita and does not have a working mask); consequently, it makes sense that only a being formed via the same process could utilize it.

• Upvote 1

632461607_Bannerdefinitivopiccolo.png.8e4bc632ba965c6eaef9247ce71df1d7.png
My collection of epics: The Sanctum of Writing