"Desolate Jewel" Adventure Brickfilm!

CommanderKumo

Hello again Friends! Today I have come to share my latest Lego stop-motion film "Desolate Jewel" it is a sequel to my film Desolate Sands, so I recommend that you watch that first: 

This sequel Take place immediately after the original, our Hero recollects his previous adventure and it's link to his current one.

Please tell me what you think of it and any other thoughts you might have ;)

• Upvote 1

My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClo2J14RKmVtcnoJTv7g6PA , Bionicle films coming soon!

The sheer amount of time and detail and PLANNING I know this took. I remember just how painstaking my 1:40 lego stop motion video was, and I only had one set! Your use of sound effects makes otherwise obscure and confusing sequences of actions extremely clear as to what they are doing. The music also is really nice for setting the tone.

One thought I had was that the hero is a bit of a dudley do-right style character to me, haha. He often seems outmatched but somehow comes out on top. I definitely like all the adversity he faces with seeming great difficulty, it's just kind of strange how basically overpowered he is, I guess he must be really tough!

The villain seems a bit flat, if that's the right word. Like most villains, we aren't really shown any of his motivations, other than simply to kill the hero. I understand that this would be a lot more work to show, so I'm not really upset, just noticing it.

One thing that occurred to me early on is that you spent a very painful amount of time getting the walking of the exploration team to look as smooth as possible. I find that while the dedication to detail is commendable, the result is a very slow walk, as though they are all weighed down by very heavy equipment. I think that even though the smoothness is nice it probably would be more worth the time doing those extra walking frames to instead do faster less smooth walking and dedicate that time to more of the plot and action sequences.

You had some excellent choreography of those duels, I must say. Other than one point where they were clanging sword to sword without much footplay (5:12 ish, doesn't last for very long) it was all pretty engaging to watch and kept me wondering what you'd do next, since it was quite unpredictable. I think you did well to have the fight take place over several sets and with several different matchups of weapons, made for a unique and interesting sequence.

Anyway your attention to detail and patience are extremely commendable. Great work. :)

The sheer amount of time and detail and PLANNING I know this took. I remember just how painstaking my 1:40 lego stop motion video was, and I only had one set! Your use of sound effects makes otherwise obscure and confusing sequences of actions extremely clear as to what they are doing. The music also is really nice for setting the tone.

One thought I had was that the hero is a bit of a dudley do-right style character to me, haha. He often seems outmatched but somehow comes out on top. I definitely like all the adversity he faces with seeming great difficulty, it's just kind of strange how basically overpowered he is, I guess he must be really tough!

The villain seems a bit flat, if that's the right word. Like most villains, we aren't really shown any of his motivations, other than simply to kill the hero. I understand that this would be a lot more work to show, so I'm not really upset, just noticing it.

One thing that occurred to me early on is that you spent a very painful amount of time getting the walking of the exploration team to look as smooth as possible. I find that while the dedication to detail is commendable, the result is a very slow walk, as though they are all weighed down by very heavy equipment. I think that even though the smoothness is nice it probably would be more worth the time doing those extra walking frames to instead do faster less smooth walking and dedicate that time to more of the plot and action sequences.

You had some excellent choreography of those duels, I must say. Other than one point where they were clanging sword to sword without much footplay (5:12 ish, doesn't last for very long) it was all pretty engaging to watch and kept me wondering what you'd do next, since it was quite unpredictable. I think you did well to have the fight take place over several sets and with several different matchups of weapons, made for a unique and interesting sequence.

Anyway your attention to detail and patience are extremely commendable. Great work. :)

Thanks for all of your comments :D your feedback means a lot to me ;)

I'm exceedingly happy with your comments on the fight seen, the movement between sets and matchup of weapons were two of my main focuses for it, and having someone notice it and compliment them makes me smile!

Now that I'm a bit more experienced I aim to do a lot less walking sequences you'll be delighted to hear. I have had the backstory between the villain and hero noted down for some time, I'm just hanging on until it is the right time for it so that it doens't distract from the main plot too much.

Thanks again for this review :) 

My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClo2J14RKmVtcnoJTv7g6PA , Bionicle films coming soon!