Garara

IMG_2732.jpg

The tribal Garara are a semi-intelligent race of Rahi who are an odd cross between rodents and reptiles. Though half as big as the average Matoran, physically weak and primitive, the Garara are convinced of their own superiority and consider themselves the apex life-form with all other species below them, and get violently angry if they feel they are not given the respect their superiority demands. They have a fascination with gold and all that is the color gold, revering it like some sort of deity.

IMG_2742.jpg

The gold pigment is natural in their skin - possibly the reason for their perceived superiority - and the individuals with the most gold on their skin are the most desirable and attractive. While they mentally and technologically primitive, they have oddly enough highly advanced cosmetics intended to make individuals more gold. They are generally passive and harmless, but if offended, are willing to rush into wars they have no chance of winning. They have a characteristic head-tilt, signifying either curiosity or confusion, depending on circumstances.

IMG_2740.jpg

During his many adventures, Brutaka once encountered a Garara tribe. Ever since, they are convinced he is some sort of deity.

As always, all comments are appreciated!

:kakama:

• Upvote 5

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

Can I just say that you as of yet have not failed to amaze me with your creations? Now that that's out of the way, let me focus in on the model then...

I love the plant shield, that was a very clever design. Also the Boga tail is a nice touch. The head is very well designed too, I can never seem to make my creation's heads look quite as well...

Story wise it's very interesting. I never could quite wrap my head around sentient Rahi, but somehow they exist, so I'm willing to go with it. The gold obsession and worship reminds me of a certain Protocol droid and some furry creatures. But I'm sure that that wasn't your intention ;)

Haha and good old Brutaka... that's the last thing he needs, a group thinking he's a deity. :P

• Upvote 1

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

A great creation to say the least as well as inspiring. Makes me want to try less humanoid builds.

Keep up the great work.

Onvermel

• Upvote 1

"I believe in certainties. The strength of my limbs, the power of my mask, the sharp edges of my blades — that is what I build my plans around. Trickery, deception, complex strategies, they are for the weak! If you want power, and another has it, you get it not by outwitting him — you get it by stepping over his corpse." Makuta Icarax

"WHO ATE ALL THE PIES! WHO ATE ALL THE PIES!"

http://onvermelreport.blogspot.ca/ --- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaX7xUwGu9-8kVqQ4BqOxWw               

onvermel_report_logo_24.bmp

This is really bringing me back to G1 combiner models--the good ones, not the ridiculous ones. Nice head! I'm not sold on the feet, having the claws all 90degrees to each other looks strange. Mayhaps putting the central talon under the Y-socket and using couplers to put the side talons facing down would work?

• Upvote 2

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

Can I just say that you as of yet have not failed to amaze me with your creations? Now that that's out of the way, let me focus in on the model then...

I love the plant shield, that was a very clever design. Also the Boga tail is a nice touch. The head is very well designed too, I can never seem to make my creation's heads look quite as well...

Story wise it's very interesting. I never could quite wrap my head around sentient Rahi, but somehow they exist, so I'm willing to go with it. The gold obsession and worship reminds me of a certain Protocol droid and some furry creatures. But I'm sure that that wasn't your intention ;)

Haha and good old Brutaka... that's the last thing he needs, a group thinking he's a deity. :P

A great creation to say the least as well as inspiring. Makes me want to try less humanoid builds.

Keep up the great work.

Onvermel

Simple but very creative.

Your creature designs are a joy to see.

Well done.

Thank you for the kind words!

This is really bringing me back to G1 combiner models--the good ones, not the ridiculous ones. Nice head! I'm not sold on the feet, having the claws all 90degrees to each other looks strange. Mayhaps putting the central talon under the Y-socket and using couplers to put the side talons facing down would work?

That would definitely improve the feet... additionally, the poor guy isn't too stable in most poses since he's not standing upright, and often times the model is balancing on the balljoint, not the actual feet. With that modification, I could add a subtle little structure below it for stability too. Great advice!

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki: